Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Jazz, the box trick only works if you can close the top fast enough!

And seal it with a UPS label.  But as you can see, I'm a dog lover...

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Didn't the new faucet come in a box?  According to dozens of memes posted lately, all you need to do is put the cat in the empty box – problem solved! 😁

But if the cat is in the box - is it dead or alive? 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

But if the cat is in the box - is it dead or alive?  [Schrödinger]

And if the box is in the mail – is the location determinable?  [Heisenberg]

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Didn't the new faucet come in a box?  According to dozens of memes posted lately, all you need to do is put the cat in the empty box – problem solved! 😁

My son’s cat still loves playing in a large cardboard box. There is an added opening cut in one side for variety.

received_564984798283033.thumb.jpeg.5d3440daa9aa8c016814cedb431c58d9.jpeg

• Like 6

After several changes and options around the globe we finally booked a cruise to Alaska with Silversea in the Muse (September 2024). Was not my first option but in the end was the best for us.

We chose D2D because it was cheaper than P2P (5% venetian discount is not applicable to P2P). So, we will have our flights within US included.

Several years ago, I planned a road trip to Alaska and redeemed a flight from Brasil to US with mileages from Varig. Varig went on bankruptcy, and I was very upset I would lose my long-planned trip.

And while I was wondering what to do instead, I received an offer from a TA to take a cruise to Antarctica in a “new” ship Price Albert. At that time, price was very good and without further planning I said yes in the same day. In March 2010 I visited Antarctica because I could not go to Alaska. Now, after 14 years, Alaska here we go.

As I have a tidy schedule, probably I will need go another time for a road trip, I hope it wont take 14 years again.

PAII.thumb.jpeg.82d4c6b6d90eac8face91fd3a581a5f0.jpeg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks @drron29 – you're doing an admirable job of keeping us laughing while @mysty is off sailing!

I would also like to throw in my sincere thank you to @drron29 for his much appreciated efforts to keep the Cooler Bar open and alive and well!  We will actually get to meet him and his lovely wife @rojaan19 in Bali soon!  A real honour for us!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Well, it started as a cold, snowy Saturday morning in western Oregon.  At such times, one's thoughts turn to a nice warm loaf of bread.  (Jug of wine and thee beside me, singing in the wilderness - comes later...).  So, cranked out some whole wheat honey loaves (using honey from our bees).  Caught early afternoon sun for final rising of the loaves (under a towel).  Then into the oven, with a pan of water in the bottom for steam.  After baking, I check them for internal temp of 205F, then onto the rack.  It is the baker's prerogative to take the first slice, slather with Normandy butter and some Bonne Maman Blueberry jam. The determination:  Starvation will be narrowly averted!  

IMG_6365.jpeg

IMG_6367.jpeg

IMG_6368.jpeg

• Like 8

On 2/26/2024 at 8:07 PM, DavyWavey70 said:

Hi Lois, yes I was on the Edge, my first time on a "big" ship. I Loved every minute. I Know nothing about any of their other ships. Four of the best features for me were having the solo verandah without being fleeced, the design of the beautiful ship, the amazing service and the whole relaxed atmosphere onboard. Yes there were some things that are better on SS but I couldn't have wished for a better time. My expectations weren't high but were exceeded in every way because of that. I've spent the last 3 years hoping for a SS itinerary that fits for me but none have, they have nothing for me in Jan 25 either. For me itinerary always leads my decision as I only have the month of January to plan for and little flexibility. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you aren't too bummed out by not having Caviar on tap and a butler and the itinerary is more important just go for it. If the ship is your destination then that's a different story. You always strike me as being quite easy going so I think with the right expectations you'd have a great time e. 

Hi Davey, well, I just booked a cruise today😀......going to Bermuda at the end May on Celebrity Eclipse (she is an S class ship). I sailed her many, many years ago so will see how it goes.

And they were even having a special on the AFT Sky Suites (even for a a solo) so I booked one of them.  Just got my flight booked and now just have to get a hotel. The ship sails out of Bayonne, NJ...Cape Liberty. I have been to Bermuda before but it has been a few years.  Nice thing, the flight is only 2 hours LOL...usually I am flying to Europe so this is much closer to home (for a change)!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Davey, well, I just booked a cruise today😀......going to Bermuda at the end May on Celebrity Eclipse (she is an S class ship). I sailed her many, many years ago so will see how it goes.

And they were even having a special on the AFT Sky Suites (even for a a solo) so I booked one of them.  Just got my flight booked and now just have to get a hotel. The ship sails out of Bayonne, NJ...Cape Liberty. I have been to Bermuda before but it has been a few years.  Nice thing, the flight is only 2 hours LOL...usually I am flying to Europe so this is much closer to home (for a change)!

Hi Lois.  I'll be interested in your experience on Eclipse.  We also enjoyed sailing on her, back in 2015 and in a Veranda (there was no Luminae at that time anyway, IIRC).  It will be interesting to compare your thoughts now vs my memories from then.

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I Hope you have a fabulous time Lois. I'm looking forward to hearing how you enjoy it xxx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Hi Lois.  I'll be interested in your experience on Eclipse.  We also enjoyed sailing on her, back in 2015 and in a Veranda (there was no Luminae at that time anyway, IIRC).  It will be interesting to compare your thoughts now vs my memories from then.

Hi Jazz, welcome home🙂 and going to try and not compare evert little thing but I know there will be plenty of differences with SS.......but I have always enjoyed Bermuda so it should be fun.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

End of May not that far away.  Have a great time Lois 🧡

Thank you😀

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I Hope you have a fabulous time Lois. I'm looking forward to hearing how you enjoy it xxx

Thanks Davey😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I have been to Bermuda before but it has been a few years.  Nice thing, the flight is only 2 hours LOL...usually I am flying to Europe so this is much closer to home (for a change)!

I think it's been just about 25 years for us!

We went twice in consecutive years, at the tail end of the 1990s. Both times we sailed out of New York and it couldn't have been easier. Drive down from Albany, down the West Side Highway, park at the Manhattan Terminal, and walk to the ship. We could see our car, parked on the roof of the parking garage, as we departed from the pier!

It's really stretching my memory - but I think one of the cruises was on NCL and the other on Celebrity. I'd have to look at my (physical) photo albums to remember, because I actually used film back in those days!

Have a fun cruise!

• Like 2

Hi JP, wow, that was a long time ago! If you sailed Celebrity I bet it was Horizon or Zenith.....they were both small ships.

My last time was on an Azamara cruise in the spring of 2019. Actually we were in NY for 2 days and I went to 2 Broadway shows.....saw Carole King's "Beautiful" and then I saw "Come From Away". And the only reason I saw 2 was the weather and the Capt got us in an extra day(Had to leave Bermuds early).

I didn't realize Celebrity sailed from Manhatten all those years ago.

14 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So, you were pre-school sweethearts?  😁

Barely old enough to drive to the ship!

58 minutes ago, Lois R said:

If you sailed Celebrity I bet it was Horizon or Zenith.....they were both small ships.

I know we sailed Horizon to the Caribbean in 1993. I'm going to have to look at my pictures; now my curiosity is piqued!

Edited by jpalbny