Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

The Melbourne food and Wine Festival is on at present.  Today we had lunch at Marion. They had paired with Noble Rot from the UK. 

I forgot to take photos until I had finished my main course of Flounder in seaweed butter sauce. It went beautifully with Western Australian Vasse Felix Heytesbury Chardonnay. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7650b9f10ef77266cc928eb8aaaec06e.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/19/2024 at 9:12 PM, QueSeraSera said:

OK Jazz, just ordered a half-case Auntsfield SB based on your rec which was endorsed by Dave in a chat at wine.com.  Added a couple Aglianico reds from Italy to meet a coupon, & because I fell in love with Aglianico in Sorrento.

Did you get the Auntsfield?  I just got an email that they're only sending me 6 bottles because that's all they have left.  So either you aren't getting any, or you got some of mine!

• Haha 1

daggone it Jazz!  I also got an email today saying "sorry" but it ain't happening (well, folks in California don't say it like that) but I'm getting zero.

Substitutions were proposed so of course I said send them.  And add a red or 2 while you're at it.

Save 1 of those six Jazz, so we can split it some day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

daggone it Jazz!  I also got an email today saying "sorry" but it ain't happening (well, folks in California don't say it like that) but I'm getting zero.

Substitutions were proposed so of course I said send them.  And add a red or 2 while you're at it.

Save 1 of those six Jazz, so we can split it some day

So while I was on the phone with wine.com about this today the rep confirmed that I should get the delivery on Mar 23.  I said "that's two days from now, where is the warehouse?"  Westbury, Long Island!  Here I thought wine.com could be in Calfornia or the midwest.  I could drive there and help search for the missing bottles!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wishing all my best to Princess Katherine today.......and to all my friends on here from the UK.....

Hoping she will get through her Chemo ok and come back stronger than ever.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Lois.  Most Brits, even those who are not Royalists, will feel sad that someone so young and with young children should be going through this, and having to make it public knowledge in view of the nastiness of some people on social media.  I hope they feel duly ashamed of themselves, and that the cancer she has is one of the 'better' ones and still at an early stage.  I was lucky to have had one of those, and over ten years on seem to be getting away with it so far.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Thank you, Lois.  Most Brits, even those who are not Royalists, will feel sad that someone so young and with young children should be going through this, and having to make it public knowledge in view of the nastiness of some people on social media.  I hope they feel duly ashamed of themselves, and that the cancer she has is one of the 'better' ones and still at an early stage.  I was lucky to have had one of those, and over ten years on seem to be getting away with it so far.

I don’t really know why this news hit me so hard, but I do hope she bounces back quickly.  Chemo is no fun, but I am thriving 17 years after a nasty diagnosis, so if I can do it at my age and fitness, I pray that she can as well.

• Like 9

Well I have now proven the best way to improve your golf is to drink G&Ts.
I have entered the putting competition on this cruise 5 times. Twice with no drinks and didn’t get a single point. Once with a G&T and had a hole in one. Twice with a double shot G&T. First time a hole in one and third. Today a hole in one and a winner.

Pity I didn’t take gin with me when I played golf!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Greetings from Lisbon Airport! Our flight to Ponta Delgada leaves in an hour.

Saturday morning we awoke to a winter wonderland. 

20240323_093725.thumb.jpg.de30ef8349d383f753832886a2fdf610.jpg

20240323_121526.thumb.jpg.d4481c79f43c43f349cc77521615e61f.jpg

The drive to Boston was unpleasant but we got there and were safely in Lisbon by Sunday morning. Not much sleep though as it was a short flight. 

We rented a car and drove to Cabo da Roca for the views.

20240324_093321.thumb.jpg.fd30b679ea488467a20caba105523350.jpg

20240324_100548.thumb.jpg.fd87279978bb2e8e5dd71bdbd51c73aa.jpg

Then we went to Cascais for even better views!

20240324_134119.thumb.jpg.b283c70ff0eeb7af20f0281379485ee8.jpg

20240324_125008.thumb.jpg.628c8d9da6ac2c9591082ca0254ad573.jpg

A delicious outdoor lunch. The snow and ice were soon a distant memory. Great beach weather. 

20240324_140430.thumb.jpg.cfcdc5340864eabf6af29bffa7d73fca.jpg

Back to the airport to check in at the Melia Hotel. We took the Metro to Vasco da Gama Mall for dinner. Then in bed by 8PM for our 4AM wake-up call. 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Back to the airport to check in at the Melia Hotel. We took the Metro to Vasco da Gama Mall for dinner. Then in bed by 8PM for our 4AM wake-up call. 

4AM wake-up call?  We took the TAP 5:05 PM flight to PDL – much more civilized!  Enjoy the Azores!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

4AM wake-up call?  We took the TAP 5:05 PM flight to PDL – much more civilized!  Enjoy the Azores!!!

Having a great time so far. Our 8:20 arrival worked well. We already covered the western part of the island today before checking in to our Ponta Delgada hotel. 

• Like 5

Our bit of lemonade without the sugar today, reached a difficult decision regarding our elderly dog Biscuit and had her put down.  15 years since we adopted her at the Richmond shelter.  No data as to how old she was then.  Blinded by some genetic condition, hobbled by arthritis, and mentally she just wasn't with us as anymore.  The vet agreed, my wife agreed, so why do I feel like s**t?

Lion King  

Que, sorry for your loss.

I have some sad news myself.....my brother-in-law died last week. It was quite a shock to my sister (and to me). Still processing the news. It was unexpected. He was actually at the Dr's office for something else and had a heart attack☹️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Our bit of lemonade without the sugar today, reached a difficult decision regarding our elderly dog Biscuit and had her put down.  15 years since we adopted her at the Richmond shelter.  No data as to how old she was then.  Blinded by some genetic condition, hobbled by arthritis, and mentally she just wasn't with us as anymore.  The vet agreed, my wife agreed, so why do I feel like s**t?

Lion King  

It's the hardest, but kindest, decision you can ever make. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Our condolences, Lois and to QSS.  May you have many happy memories to cherish.

Hi Dawn, thank you.