Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Just announced the Silver Muse is turning back to offload a medical emergency at the nearest Japanese port which is behind us.

Earlier there was a call for the medical team to the spa.

• Like 1

A little extra excitement at trivia today. A Japanese Coast Guard vessel arrived and transferred a few crew to the Muse for the helicopter rescue. The helicopter arrived about 10 minutes later but it took a while as the wind was blowing.

Map of our detour.

IMG_8356.thumb.jpeg.4355a231fb1c02e40745bfa5b95f6d7d.jpeg

IMG_8357.thumb.jpeg.4bdadeeb49afeea986f53a642db9bd7e.jpeg

9 hours ago, drron29 said:

Just announced the Silver Muse is turning back to offload a medical emergency at the nearest Japanese port which is behind us.

Earlier there was a call for the medical team to the spa.

Ron, we have some friends on board who told us about this, and sent video of the chopper coming in. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Ron, we have some friends on board who told us about this, and sent video of the chopper coming in. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on.

I couldn’t get out to film any thing as the helicopter arrived during trivia. We were doing well and won.

Then the retrieval came during the putting and I had 2 holes in one and first overall. You do have to know what is really important in life.

But not all casualties were flown out. I ran into the doctor on the way out and he looked quite distressed so he is thinking about my offer of a quiet chat when I am back from the excursion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

'Casualties' sounds ominous, drron.  Please elucidate when you can.

I’m intrigued too about “casualties” as opposed to a patient. Are you up early or to bed late Lola? 

I was up (well, awake) very early, Davey, then had a mug of tea with shot of whisky in and went back to sleep. Just woken again.

I do hope nothing too disastrous aboard the Muse, no doubt we will find out soon.

Well the doctor is not a patient but he indeed has suffered from this situation. The patient flown out was listed as critical. This often takes a big mental toll on the treating doctor. And a cruise ship is not a hospital with many colleagues to talk too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, we understand now.  Your first report sounded as if there were more than two casualties, perhaps from an accident on board.  I hope you were able to reassure the ship's Doctor; it must be hard to make the right decision in this situation.

• Like 1

Time to get back to a little humour.

Ten Facts, about you:

1.You're reading this

2.You think that's stupid

4.You didn't notice I missed out 3

5.Now you're checking it

6.Now you're getting upset

8.You didn't notice I missed out 7

9.Now you're checking

10.You're wondering how many times you can fall or the same trick

11.You didn't notice there's only supposed to be 10 facts.

12.There are only 10 facts.

Another Western Australian number plate that got by the authorities.

image.png.f9fc56473a1729eccf5624ec5373cef5.png

image.thumb.png.d5d8d4f77095f2ee6a3cbaffdcc0ffc7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good evening Coolers from a grey and wet Hampshire.

I had told myself no more bread posts but tonight my baguette bizarrely invoked Eric Clapton and “wonderful tonight”.  For a very small minority  of cooler bread squinters I played with steam on my new oven and it provided this. 

Some of it will be with lot’s of good French butter and thinly sliced young Gruyere (note this Swiss lady!) and the bit left over will be with far  too much strawberry jam.   Hers was identical.  

I perfectly accept that it isn’t funny  but as Homer Simpson would say “dough!”  🙂

IMG_4863.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 7

Since "retiring" have been making bread regularly.  Having done baguettes lots of diff ways, recently tried a ridiculously simple recipe on back of a Bread Flour bag - mix yeast and water in bowl of Kitchen Aid mixer, add other ingredients, and thrash it with the dough hook for 10 minutes.  Let rise, divide and roll out, put in loaf pans, rise again, pop in ye olde oven.  This is whole wheat (about 30% WW, balance unbleached white).  Cooked in convection oven, with pan in bottom with water, for steaming.  We also have a Gaggenau steam oven, which works well, and you can control steam with a dial.  I increased the recipe to get these four loaves; I keep one out to eat, freeze the others, or hand out to older neighbors.  We use honey from our hives in this bread, and the smell when baking is wonderful.  It isn't flashy bread, but toasted it is mighty tasty, and I like the "Grandma Called It Roughage" aspect of the WW.  Perfect for a tuna sanny...

IMG_6368.jpeg

Edited by Will Work for Tiramisu
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It’s lovely that you share it with older neighbours.

At my age it's getting less and less likely that I will HAVE older neighbors...  😀

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

If it isn’t against forum rules - then may I suggest some extra virgin olive oil?  

Unlike Woody Allen, I'm not rich enough to attract even regular virgins at my age...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

It is cherry  blossom time in Japan 💮

On the Silver Muse yesterday.

20240407_134031.thumb.jpg.cca03cffd72aae1f2a254787b19d1cc5.jpg20240407_133929.thumb.jpg.2ec34601b1a81280dcd9321fb7d4808c.jpg20240403_090828.thumb.jpg.e80f04b0fe036029633c8506100d83cf.jpg

Beautiful pictures😀

• Like 1

Boy, this Eclipse thing is just too over the top for me. Am I the only person who really doesn't care or is not all excited about it?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Boy, this Eclipse thing is just too over the top for me. Am I the only person who really doesn't care or is not all excited about it?

I was going to ignore it totally, but then this idea for lunch came up:

IMG_3809.thumb.jpeg.52fe554e92336aad76fd3c961d175ce0.jpeg.0d7efcece6fa2f82434f4317254befa4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

What eclipse? I'm in the dark about it. 

• Haha 7

A few phone pics of today's eclipse. Here in Albany we got to about 97% totality. It was.dark enough to .ake the outdoor lighting come on, and it got noticeably colder during the maximum.

Samsung Galaxy S22, about 20x zoom, eclipse glasses over the lens.

20240408_152245.thumb.jpg.30086220d32b31038460515e4233d2db.jpg

20240408_152911.thumb.jpg.81af98c65d7efa77c9ca991a9c4bbbca.jpg

Anyone up to visit Egypt in 2027? It should be spectacular! 

• Like 7