Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I tried Oreos once, and couldn't understand why anyone likes them.  I obviously have unusual tastebuds.  But I do like dark (must be dark) chocolate digestives.  I have  not even heard of Tim Tams - enlighten me.

Just love your  Penguin story, Davey  - they were absolute favourites of everyone when I was a schoolgirl in ancient times.  

Lola

Thy are indeed similar to Penguins Lola but not emperors, gentoos or chinstraps. The chocolate is a much better coating than we get though and really lovely. P P P Pick up a pick up a pick up a Penguin. Do you love Hob Nobs too? 

IMG_0143.webp

Yes, but not as much as McVitie's dark choc. digestives.  It was heartening to read the latest theory from the scientists - though no doubt it will change next week - is that dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and little sugar is good for you.

Those in your photo do look  good and nicely gooey.

Lola

2 hours ago, Joc123 said:

Personally I’ve never liked Tim Tams but my grandchildren love them.

I much prefer Iced Volvos but only Aussies would understand that 

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg

Is it possible that are there Tim Tam in NZ? I will check 16 days and counting....

Lirio, yes, you can definitely get Tims Tams in NZ.

Enjoy, Karin

(You might find this interesting.)

‘How do Aussies eat Tim Tams?

“Do Australians eat Tim Tams with coffee or tea?” You can eat them with either. However, if you want to bite the ends off and suck your drink up through the biscuit, it does taste a lot better with coffee than with tea.’
Edited by V8Babe
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, V8Babe said:

“Do Australians eat Tim Tams with coffee or tea?” You can eat them with either. However, if you want to bite the ends off and suck your drink up through the biscuit, it does taste a lot better with coffee than with tea.’

I Wish I'd know that in January! Thanks V8.The tips you pick up here are life changing! I Think I need to go back to Oz just to try this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Just had chocolate hummus for the first time.  Sinfully delicious, way too sweet, and probably a waste of two perfectly good flavors, yet I will try it again!

It is really good. Try dipping a pretzel stick in it. YUMMY!

• Like 1

Muse welcome to Kanazawa.

IMG_8552.thumb.jpeg.fe67fa389d18a41a635816915ceb721a.jpeg

Apple once again turns the world upside down. The snow hasn’t fallen off yet.

IMG_8543.thumb.jpeg.eb45f9615c963474a9df70ad28911909.jpeg

IMG_8544.thumb.jpeg.c25481d798bf4b48d70cb0e1d82f9ba4.jpeg

Fortunately they know better than turning Rojaan upside down. Peak viewing declared 2 days ago. 
IMG_8547.thumb.jpeg.e85a7b22fc1d29ac87b3ad0bddc50d68.jpeg

IMG_8550.thumb.jpeg.88fcba5aaa0cbd302ac0db8e19c68dea.jpeg

• Like 5

Well coolers, I’ve pushed the button. January 25 is booked now. Of course me being the deviant that I am, have deviated and will be flying out a week early for some time around Kasane, Chobe, Vic Falls before joining the tour and my first time on Azamara. I’ve never been on a group tour before, I’ve always done my own thing but I thought I had slightly less chance of getting shot in Joburg if there were 15 other dummies on the bus. The weeks pre-tour I’m thinking Zambezi Queen (which currently appears to be sold out), Ichingo Chobe River Lodge and a star bed at Vic Falls Rover Lodge before joining the tour on the 11th. Have I missed any better options? Flights are going deviant too. Booking Emirates BC via Dubai but upgrading with points to a FC suite on the A380 which looks not too shabby. I Do Quite like the idea of a Caviar, Dom and Paradise breakfast. Anyway here are the tour details

https://www.titantravel.co.uk/holidays/victoria-falls-and-safari-tour-with-a-south-african-coastline-cruise?passengers=1

• Like 7

Your Waviness -

I think they might be in posterior position, holding up my shorts, which are clearly rather de classe with regard to length.  Alternately, my dear departed daddums lost both his forearms and his sight to a landmine, as a sapper in WW2.  Perhaps I had him in mind... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Your Waviness -

I think they might be in posterior position, holding up my shorts, which are clearly rather de classe with regard to length.  Alternately, my dear departed daddums lost both his forearms and his sight to a landmine, as a sapper in WW2.  Perhaps I had him in mind... 

If you were having to hold up your shorts you mustn’t have been very far into a cruise. ’m sorry to hear about what your daddums went through WWFT. Perhaps a subconscious tribute? 

Actually, we were pretty deep into a Muse cruise from Barcelona to S Hampton, here stopping in Bordeaux; one of my favorite ports - up the river and tied up in town.  Bordeaux is a pleasure to walk in, and the Wine Museum is over-the-top interesting - like a window into the French soul....  The cruise fare and beverages had not succeeded in raising my waist line, despite my best efforts. Of course, perhaps I was subconsciously trying to channel 1991 BB style. 

SHORTSBBALL_2_JUNE2018.jpg

• Haha 4

That’s good to hear. I thought you might have been on the Nova. Many passengers are reporting  miraculous weight loss onboard the Nova right now. I Had a similar episode onboard a Nile cruise several years ago where I ended up 3 stone lighter than when I boarded. I Think the cruise lines are missing a big marketing trick with these weight loss cruises. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

That’s good to hear. I thought you might have been on the Nova. Many passengers are reporting  miraculous weight loss onboard the Nova right now. I Had a similar episode onboard a Nile cruise several years ago where I ended up 3 stone lighter than when I boarded. I Think the cruise lines are missing a big marketing trick with these weight loss cruises. 

Right!  Nile cruise – ship stocked with local water – everybody loses weight!!!

• Haha 1

Mr Wavelength - 

If I recall from reading liner notes on English Invasion LP's from back in the day (ie Rolling Stones), isn't a "stone" about 14 lbs.? based on your above statement, I fear you are wasting away, without benefit of being in Margaritaville!  If cruise lines, including SS, are in fact going to adopt same food service as gas stations, perhaps there IS a new marketing opportunity - "Cruise with us and Starve!"   Lots of folks are looking to drop a few lbs/kilos, so this is bound to be a success!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Right!  Nile cruise – ship stocked with local water – everybody loses weight!!!

In our case it might have been the salad in a net thrown over the back of the ship for a rinse in the Nile but was more likely from the “sea bass” one passenger unfortunately yet enthusiastically soiled the dance floor on Egyptian night and never left her cabin again. It was all good though, the bar team were obviously very adept at dealing with such eventualities and several mop's were deployed at great speed whilst the whirling dervishes were very careful where they trod, despite being in a “trance”.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

the whirling dervishes were very careful where they trod, despite being in a “trance”

Be careful Davy – I can protect you from some things on Cruise Critic, but not from a fatwa.  😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1