Summit Late Arival to Bermuda on August 8

cruisingdelt

Captains Club fb page post said it was an azipod issue.
Did the person say how they came to know this? Or is it just a rehash of the speculation written here?

I'm in one of the penthouses this Sunday. Called my concierge, she's not in today (not helpful anyway). Spoke to someone else, he said they haven't heard anything "so everything will be fine". I asked him to please call and inquire and get back to me. Acceptable answers to me after doing that are:

1. Problem appears to be resolved.

2. Problem appears to be small and we are working on it.

3. We are working on it and will let you know when we have a better answer.

4. We were about to call you with some news.

His position to me was: if you didn't get an email from Celebrity nothing is wrong. In this age of instant media (FB, Cruise Critic, twitter, etc.), that is unacceptable to me. It might be a challenge to them to manage the news, but at least he should be able to tell me whatever the captain has announced to the current passengers.

Did the person say how they came to know this? Or is it just a rehash of the speculation written here?

I'm in one of the penthouses this Sunday. Called my concierge, she's not in today (not helpful anyway). Spoke to someone else, he said they haven't heard anything "so everything will be fine". I asked him to please call and inquire and get back to me. Acceptable answers to me after doing that are:

1. Problem appears to be resolved.

2. Problem appears to be small and we are working on it.

3. We are working on it and will let you know when we have a better answer.

4. We were about to call you with some news.

His position to me was: if you didn't get an email from Celebrity nothing is wrong. In this age of instant media (FB, Cruise Critic, twitter, etc.), that is unacceptable to me. It might be a challenge to them to manage the news, but at least he should be able to tell me whatever the captain has announced to the current passengers.

The odds of you getting a call back, as it were, are probably slim unless you are in the upper echelons of RCCL Corp. management or a real VIP with a cache name or cruising family pedigree...

I will be on Summit in a few weeks and hope we do not get a call stating that the sailing is cancelled or delayed or ????... LOL, then again I do not mind sea days to watch my films on the tablet and read books and have great dining...

I trust everything will be great for your sailing and it goes off without any incident, as well, I trust ours turns out similarly.

bon voyage

Hope all works out well.

(sorry to seed doubts, but if they really have a problem it would take some time to get all the logistics worked out to be able to fix it,...so just because the next cruise is on, doesn't mean an upcoming one won't be)

Hope all works out well.

(sorry to seed doubts, but if they really have a problem it would take some time to get all the logistics worked out to be able to fix it,...so just because the next cruise is on, doesn't mean an upcoming one won't be)

Hey d - I Am hoping it worked out, as I sail in a few weeks and would like to hit land, Bermuda that is... LOL

We will see...

bon voyage

Cautiously posting this - perhaps some good news. The shore-side concierge did just call me back. The report from the suite manager on board was yes, there was a small issue, and it has been fully resolved. It is not expected to impact future sailings.

Bon voyage to all and thanks for the various reports.

Cautiously posting this - perhaps some good news. The shore-side concierge did just call me back. The report from the suite manager on board was yes, there was a small issue, and it has been fully resolved. It is not expected to impact future sailings.

Bon voyage to all and thanks for the various reports.

Congrats! I Am happy they did return your call and the response was satisfactory...

Have a great sailing...

bon voyage

I’m on the Summit right now, and we’re barreling back to New Jersey at high speed. I can’t detect any problems; the Captain made a broadcast the other day and said that the problem had been fixed, and it appears so. It’s been a delightful cruise!

I’m on the Summit right now, and we’re barreling back to New Jersey at high speed. I can’t detect any problems; the Captain made a broadcast the other day and said that the problem had been fixed, and it appears so. It’s been a delightful cruise!

Thank you and welcome back....

bon voyage