Plane delay, need excursion

Received an email that our flight home will be changed to 4:00 instead of 12 :( We will be in Ft Lauderdale & now looking at excursions. Any suggestions?

I would call the airline. Generally, you can book another flight since your original was changed by more than 30 minutes.

I would call the airline. Generally, you can book another flight since your original was changed by more than 30 minutes.

TY for that suggestion. It appears Delta removed my original flight & the later flight is the only non-stop. We are going back to Boston in Feb & i try to avoid stops. Guess we will just try to enjoy the day in Ft Lauderdale rather than some northeastern airport!

RC has a bus tour/intercostal boat ride that looks interesting.

Received an email that our flight home will be changed to 4:00 instead of 12 :( We will be in Ft Lauderdale & now looking at excursions. Any suggestions?

Drop all your bags with the skycap and then check out the Sun-trolley , it picks up right outside terminal 1 and 3. Walk down to the terminal 1 trolly pick up. It sometimes full when it stops at terminal 3. It drops you off downtown near a little park.

Drop all your bags with the skycap and then check out the Sun-trolley , it picks up right outside terminal 1 and 3. Walk down to the terminal 1 trolly pick up. It sometimes full when it stops at terminal 3. It drops you off downtown near a little park.

Thank you - I will look into that as well!

TY for that suggestion. It appears Delta removed my original flight & the later flight is the only non-stop. We are going back to Boston in Feb & i try to avoid stops. Guess we will just try to enjoy the day in Ft Lauderdale rather than some northeastern airport!

We fly JetBlue now from BOS to FLL or MCO, depending on cruise port, because Delta has reduced their flights to one or two a day, unless you connect through ATL.

Funny you should mention that. It seems Delta has cut back to one non-stop per day back to Boston at least for January and February. Can't even do a one stop with better timing.

Right after I saw your post we got bumped to the same time on January 19th. Right now I'm thinking of upgrading to first class and sitting in the lounge all day!

We had a late afternoon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Easter Sunday. We hopped in a cab and went to Bonnet House, just a block off of A1A. It is a beautiful estate with lovely gardens. There is a guided tour that lasted a couple of hours for about $15/pp. We walked the gardens independently after the tour. The ticket office had room to hold our luggage while we did the tour. Afterwards, a quick cab to the airport. We typically stay near Bonnet House pre-cruise but never had a chance to visit...I'm very glad we did it.

Funny you should mention that. It seems Delta has cut back to one non-stop per day back to Boston at least for January and February. Can't even do a one stop with better timing.

Right after I saw your post we got bumped to the same time on January 19th. Right now I'm thinking of upgrading to first class and sitting in the lounge all day!

That land/sea excursion sounds like fun!

That land/sea excursion sounds like fun!

It was a short tour driving the streets of Fort Lauderdale, and then a narrated boat tour in the waterways passing all the homes and yachts. Then dropped at the airport with time for lunch before the flight. This was a very pleasant way to end our 15 night Panama canal crossing.

We had a late afternoon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Easter Sunday. We hopped in a cab and went to Bonnet House, just a block off of A1A. It is a beautiful estate with lovely gardens. There is a guided tour that lasted a couple of hours for about $15/pp. We walked the gardens independently after the tour. The ticket office had room to hold our luggage while we did the tour. Afterwards, a quick cab to the airport. We typically stay near Bonnet House pre-cruise but never had a chance to visit...I'm very glad we did it.

We are actually in Ft Lauderdale for 2 days prior. Thank you for that information! Possibly pre-cruise.

Yes..call the airline...tell them their "change" won't work for you!

They do have earlier flights but they connect in NY & are 7-8 hours long versus 3 hours if we wait till 4. I would rather spend more time in FL :)

Visiting Gulfstream Race Track!
If you have time i suggest an early morning breakfast at the O-B House downtown Fort Lauderdale. Park in the new Brightline train station and walk over to the restaurant. After eating take the higher speed train, as they call it, to downtown Miami and wander around Brickell and. Bayfront park and shopping. Then take the train back. Something different for part of a day. Reservations for the train would be suggested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We fly JetBlue now from BOS to FLL or MCO, depending on cruise port, because Delta has reduced their flights to one or two a day, unless you connect through ATL.

We are actually flying down on Jet Blue but the return flight was too expensive & I found the original Delta return much cheaper. Oh well, now I'm spending more on excursion!

Whatever you decide to do, look into the “Luggage Valet” service if you have it in your ship. You fill out a form, and 24 hours before your flight Royal Caribbean will check you in to your flight and get you your boarding passes and luggage tags. You put your luggage tags on your checked luggage and put them outside your room the last night of the cruise. The next morning, you only have your carry on luggage with you.

Whatever excursion you do, you will only have carryon to deal with. Then, go directly to security and your gate at the airport. You will next see your cheched luggage at your home airport luggage carousel.