Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

35 minutes ago, uktog said:

Ouch on the drinks packages 

Just done the maths. It’s a price increase of $440 for us for our cruise next week. I’m not sure I can justify spending over $1000 even with the platinum discount on a package for us. I wonder how many will now not buy it = overall revenue loss. 
I will be interested in seeing what Quest is charging 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Just done the maths. It’s a price increase of $440 for us for our cruise next week. I’m not sure I can justify spending over $1000 even with the platinum discount on a package for us. I wonder how many will now not buy it = overall revenue loss. 

The link to prices of beverage packages is broken, but it still has this. I don't consider the new pricing as a slight upcharge!  Thankfully it's not mandatory. I doubt I'll buy one in future.

Phil 

IMG_3679.png

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I already bought an experience more package, so have the premium package, but if the new prices are in effect next week, doubt if I will upgrade to ultimate.

4 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I already bought an experience more package, so have the premium package, but if the new prices are in effect next week, doubt if I will upgrade to ultimate.

The difference price to upgrade is still approximately the same $8 per day per person.  What really annoys is I tried to book the Experience package last week that gave the ultimate but because I wanted to use  our OBC as part payment they could not do it.  Never mind, either way Azamara gets less revenue for us than they would have by the looks of it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

The difference price to upgrade is still approximately the same $8 per day per person.  What really annoys is I tried to book the Experience package last week that gave the ultimate but because I wanted to use  our OBC as part payment they could not do it.  Never mind, either way Azamara gets less revenue for us than they would have by the looks of it.

They couldn’t use your OBC? Come to think of it, I think I had to pay by CC

16 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

They couldn’t use your OBC? Come to think of it, I think I had to pay by CC

Well wouldn’t so we said no

13 hours ago, vanman said:

Currently on the Journey and can confirm that the specialty dining is now $35 or three for $85.

Upgrade drink package is now $31.95/day for premium or $39.95 for the ultimate. Big increase on both. The loyalty discounts still apply.

Has there been any change on the wines offered, upgrading the selection?

13 hours ago, uktog said:

Perhaps it is time to stop in port and bring a bottle of your favorite onboard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Has there been any change on the wines offered, upgrading the selection?

The upgraded wines are not great. There are two from La Crema but from the Monterey area not Sonoma, which are their better wines. IMHO

A couple of the upgraded wines sell for $27 on the wine list.

15 minutes ago, Scotswoman said:

If we don’t t activate our 90 minute free internet and decide to take the internet package mid-cruise, can we still use the Discoverer 50% reduction?

Yes (whether or not you activate or use the included minutes).  You only pay for the remainder of the cruise at a daily rate.

17 minutes ago, Scotswoman said:

Also, can you use more than one device at different times?

Yes.  Logging onto a second device forces the first one off, so only one at a time, but as many sequentially as you want.

Hi everyone, I have a question about the Experience packages. We are booked on a 7 night cruise out of Lisbon, on my addons page I have the option to to book either the Experience More short voyages or the standard Experience More. There is quite a big price difference between the 2. I'm assuming the short voyage package is applicable as it is giving me the option to book it, would this be correct?

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Nunfa1 said:

Hi everyone, I have a question about the Experience packages. We are booked on a 7 night cruise out of Lisbon, on my addons page I have the option to to book either the Experience More short voyages or the standard Experience More. There is quite a big price difference between the 2. I'm assuming the short voyage package is applicable as it is giving me the option to book it, would this be correct?

Thanks. 

As far as I can see you should be, it’s for cruises of 7 days or less, so yours qualifies.

On 1/25/2024 at 7:14 AM, Homerody said:

I chacked earlier this week for an upcoimng cruise and the price is still USD 35 pp as @Grandma Cruisingnoted in post 2380.  Chef's Table is USD 95 pp.

Update - from Quest  - current prices  Feb 2024 are:  $125 for chef's table (each for  Italian, French or Arabian ) and $50 each for Prime C and Aqualina.  All prices are pp.

We booked a guaranteed inside cabin for our upcoming cruise and it's just been allocated, it's an oceanview 🙂 

Enjoying the Azamara experience already and we're not even on board yet.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Nunfa1 said:

We booked a guaranteed inside cabin for our upcoming cruise and it's just been allocated, it's an oceanview 🙂 

Enjoying the Azamara experience already and we're not even on board yet.

How long until your cruise? I booked a guarantee oceanview so maybe i"ll get lucky and get a verandah! One can dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amyhphoto said:

How long until your cruise? I booked a guarantee oceanview so maybe i"ll get lucky and get a verandah! One can dream.

We go from Lisbon on 15th April on Quest. Was surprised to be allocated a room this far off.

• Like 1

We will be sailing on 19 March and would like to purchase the Chef’s Table Plus two. Is there a limited number of these, I.e. should I be sure to book before I board?  Have some TA credits that I’d like to use so would prefer to book upon arrival unless it’s unwise. 

3 hours ago, debcip said:

We will be sailing on 19 March and would like to purchase the Chef’s Table Plus two. Is there a limited number of these, I.e. should I be sure to book before I board?  Have some TA credits that I’d like to use so would prefer to book upon arrival unless it’s unwise. 

No need to buy ahead, just make sure you go to the speciality reservations table fairly quickly after boarding - just ask anyone where it is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dcl999 said:

I just saw that the onboard WiFi does not support VPN. How are people handling security on their devices?

My husband and I always use our VPN without any problems.

• Thanks 1