Onboard Shows / Reserve or First-Come?

mickeychicky

Just show up at the theater and grab your seats. You are not supposed to send an advance party and claim empty seats for those who come later, but many still try.

For the comedy shows, there will be a wait line forming outside the doors prior to the show. Again, you are not supposed to commandeer extra seats, but it's done anyway.

At some point, Carnival will require advance reservations, probably through their HUB app.

JAt some point, Carnival will require advance reservations, probably through their HUB app.

even with reservations, it might be first come first serve for better seating selection. that is how other cruise line reservations work.

No reservations needed.
Reservations are most certainly needed for adult comedy shows since they end up being standing room only and many are turned away. The problem is that at this point Carnival does not accept reservations. Because of the number of cruisers on the LNG ships, Carnival will probably fall in line with the larger ships from RCI and NCL and offer reservations. But unless they upgrade the quality of the main shows, the demand will only be for comedy.

On Carnival, do you reserve the onboard shows in your Cruise Planner, like on RCCL, or just show up for first come first seat? Don't see it in planner online, so just curious.

Just show up, no Reservations needed! Hate the idea of reserving like RCL does!

Reservations are most certainly needed for adult comedy shows since they end up being standing room only and many are turned away. The problem is that at this point Carnival does not accept reservations. Because of the number of cruisers on the LNG ships, Carnival will probably fall in line with the larger ships from RCI and NCL and offer reservations. But unless they upgrade the quality of the main shows, the demand will only be for comedy.

While I understand your logic, I would be very surprised to see Carnival do a reservation system. Let’s see how much bigger the comedy room is on the Panorama. Way to premature to make any comments on the new builds, but we are skeptical on something so big. We were not ecstatic with out cruise on Oasis, there was no feel of the ship and the whole “the ship is the destination” does not hold water in my view (pun intended).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They could solve the comedy club issue by having the show in a venue that holds the number of people who want to see the show. Understand the desire to have comedian closer to his audience but not right to limit people who can see show.

Hopefully they will make changes to make the comedy club larger such as the one in the Dream class. I do not see them going back to production shows, they seem satisfied with playlist.

They could solve the comedy club issue by having the show in a venue that holds the number of people who want to see the show. Understand the desire to have comedian closer to his audience but not right to limit people who can see show.

Hopefully they will make changes to make the comedy club larger such as the one in the Dream class. I do not see them going back to production shows' date=' they seem satisfied with playlist.[/quote']

I specifically asked this question to a friend in senior management at Carnival (moving the popular or g rated version to the larger room). The response I received (after he jokingly said, great idea Jim I will get right on it) was that they did not want comedians playing to 1/3 filled rooms and when that happens they lose the comedic laughter gets others laughing approach. Also some draw much better then others and in general they felt it would not work. Might not what you want to hear but thought I would throw it out there.

While I understand your logic, I would be very surprised to see Carnival do a reservation system. Let’s see how much bigger the comedy room is on the Panorama. Way to premature to make any comments on the new builds, but we are skeptical on something so big. We were not ecstatic with out cruise on Oasis, there was no feel of the ship and the whole “the ship is the destination” does not hold water in my view (pun intended).

I would not be surprised to see reservations on the bigger ships. It's a trend not just with Royal, but NCL also. It works well, really well. So why not?

We skipped the adult comedy show on Carnival because the line wrapped all the way down the promenade. It was a total disaster zone. Why would I not rather have no line, no wait, decent seats, no worries?

I specifically asked this question to a friend in senior management at Carnival (moving the popular or g rated version to the larger room). The response I received (after he jokingly said, great idea Jim I will get right on it) was that they did not want comedians playing to 1/3 filled rooms and when that happens they lose the comedic laughter gets others laughing approach. Also some draw much better then others and in general they felt it would not work. Might not what you want to hear but thought I would throw it out there.

Not at all surprised. They do not seem to be upset when playlist shows are to a fairly empty audience.

Been doing mostly princess for past few years with one Carnival last year and another in October. Curious what we will think of the entertainment after 10 cruises with Princess.

Not at all surprised. They do not seem to be upset when playlist shows are to a fairly empty audience.

Been doing mostly princess for past few years with one Carnival last year and another in October. Curious what we will think of the entertainment after 10 cruises with Princess.

Which ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Conquest. You can probably guess it was not Vista:)

LOL' date=' I did not think it was either of the Vista class ships but it would not have been the first time today Is as wrong. Not familiar with which shows are on the Conquest. Let us know your thoughts when you return.

LOL, I did not think it was either of the Vista class ships but it would not have been the first time today Is as wrong. Not familiar with which shows are on the Conquest. Let us know your thoughts when you return.

If I recall they were early playlist including the one we thought was the all time worst Divas.

Hopefully they have Epic rock and 88 Keys which were pretty good.

Last time had two nights of childrens programs which was really pathetic. Hoping comedians are good.