Extra tips

gigi65

i have searched a few posts but coulda find the answer. If we tip waitstaff extra at the pool, lounge, MDR. Etc. does it stay with that person or is the money pooled for everyone ? DH. Always wants small bills for this . If we add it to the recipt does that waiter get to keep it?

i have searched a few posts but coulda find the answer. If we tip waitstaff extra at the pool, lounge, MDR. Etc. does it stay with that person or is the money pooled for everyone ? DH. Always wants small bills for this . If we add it to the recipt does that waiter get to keep it?

Some groups of workers agree to pool/share. Other workers keep their individual tips.

Funny thing about tips. Give the tip, and stop worrying about it. Once it leaves your hands, it is no longer yours, and if they decide to share, let them, if they keep it, fine, but after the transaction, it is no longer my business!

Very well stated.

Funny thing about tips. Give the tip, and stop worrying about it. Once it leaves your hands, it is no longer yours, and if they decide to share, let them, if they keep it, fine, but after the transaction, it is no longer my business!

Great advice but hard for some to understand!

Couldn't agree more. Not my problem where it goes from there.

I received conflicting information on my Harmony cruise. I asked the room attendant how his cash tips are handled. He said he gets to keep them but waitstaff pools them. I asked my server at Johnny Rockets and he said his tips go to him.

I also asked the room attendant if there is a list of who removes gratuities and he said yes, there is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Agree here too. I'm curious, does it make a difference to anyone if the tip is pooled or not? Will you not tip? Tip more? Only tip cash? Never tip cash? I know everyone is curious as this question arises almost as much as "Do I have to dress formally on Formal Night" comes up. I'm like Havingfun. I tip and don't worry about it. Not my business and never had a crewman turn it down. So, I was seriously wondering if company policy regarding tips makes any difference to anyone? Will it affect your tips?

The list is for internal use only and not for public release. No privacy laws broken.

Of course if it would be visible to all crew and not just to individuals who need this information for a specific reason. And anyway, what would be the purpose? That you can provide worse service to those?

There are a few uses. One of which to anticipate income.

From a public list that is visible to all crew including e.g. engine and nautical staff? Also with no auto tip many may still pay the same or more in cash. Or as written before remove auto tips last minute.

If someone makes a photo of such a list published in the crew area I would be happy to give it to a lawyer as a clear breach of data privacy for all guests on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Forums