San Diego pier

highscar

Thank you for this info. It looks great. We will check it out.

For those spending anytime in downtown San Diego area, there is a new free shuttle service. It's called FRED for free ride everywhere downtown. If interested, check out the FRED app. Laurie

Off topic, but couldn't help but notice the username Cat Shepherd. How's that workin' for ya? :D The first 6 months I had my cat she thought her name was Where Are You and Don't Touch That.

Roz

The "tent" has not been used for several years now.....except for staging luggage for disembarking passengers on the south side.

The front 1/4 of the B Street Pier is used for check-in for the south side ship. The second 1/4 is used for check-in for the north side one. The rearmost 1/4 is used for trucks and forklifts handling supplies. The remaining portion is for CBP , the Wharfinger/other shore side offices, and luggage pick-up from the north side ship.

Disney will have the north side every sailing.......so the Nieuw Amsterdam will be on the south 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, and 4/28.

David

The "tent" has not been used for several years now.....except for staging luggage for disembarking passengers on the south side.

The front 1/4 of the B Street Pier is used for check-in for the south side ship. The second 1/4 is used for check-in for the north side one. The rearmost 1/4 is used for trucks and forklifts handling supplies. The remaining portion is for CBP , the Wharfinger/other shore side offices, and luggage pick-up from the north side ship.

Disney will have the north side every sailing.......so the Nieuw Amsterdam will be on the south 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, and 4/28.

David

Thanks David- appreciate the info. Was looking forward to the escalator- wasn't in service yet last October :-)

Do they ever use the Broadway Pier Terminal? Looks very nice from the outside

David

Thanks for that correction! You are the person to know

When we sail out of San Diego we always arrive about 3 days early and stay at the Embassy Suites.

I will be staying at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights before my Nov. 29 cruise. How far is the hotel from the pier? Does the hotel offer a shuttle to the pier? Thank you.

The Embassy Suites is within a mile of the pier.

They used to offer a shuttle -- but many of the Embassy Suites have stopped them. It is a quick taxi ride to the pier.

You are within walking distance of Seaport Village -- lots of shops and restaurants. Also within walking distance of the Fish Market Restaurant -- we have eaten there quite a few times. Next to it is Midway. And it is an easy walk to Horton Plaza -- shops and restaurants.

One time we took the local bus to the Zoo.

The Broadway Pier is often used by the smaller ships. The "Le Soleal" is going to use it, and often Regent and Oceania vessels do.

The Port website shows the "NCL Pearl" may berth there in October at the end of a 4 night trip, rather than share Broadway with Disney. A week later, she will be on the north and "Eurodam" on the south at B Street. This is according to preliminary info I've received.

The escalator works very well; however, you cannot take roller bags on it.

David

P.S. There is going to be another major construction project across from the piers.....just underway:

http://www.manchesterpacificgateway.com/

Edited by DAllenTCY

Roz

I had one cat, out of all the nine who lived with me in my lifetime, who thought she was a dog. Even Fetched. I often said I should walk her on a leash, but never tried it. Now that I am retired, I adopted my first dog. But I did not interview her adequately, because she hates cats. So I miss having cats around the place. Except perhaps their litter boxes.;)

Off topic, but couldn't help but notice the username Cat Shepherd. How's that workin' for ya? :D The first 6 months I had my cat she thought her name was Where Are You and Don't Touch That.

Roz

Dallen, thanks for the info on the redevelopment of Seaport Village. Wow, oh by the way, we're on a fault line and Coronado's sewer lines run underneath the site. Where did the city think Coronado's sewage was going? :confused:

Cat Shephard, I had a cat who fetched. His name was Sprout and he was a lot of fun.

Roz

Seems like between these 2 huge projects that being undertaken, the whole waterfront area near the cruise port will be under construction!

Has construction started on either project or are they still in preliminary planning stages?

There will be a lot more hotel rooms near the cruise terminal once they are completed.

There will be a lot more hotel rooms near the cruise terminal once they are completed.

The article says they're trying for a 5 star hotel, so probably out of my price range.

Roz