Soda/Voom Package - Confused???

We are booked on the Symphony for May 2019. My cruise planner shows Classic Soda/VOOM package for $24/day, which is supposed to be a sale price. I can't find individual prices for soda package or internet anywhere on my cruise planner, or on the website, for comparison purposes. We don't care about streaming, just being able to text. Can't figure out if this is a good deal or not. If they add texting to the app before May, we wouldn't need to buy an internet package. I know I can buy it now and cancel later if I find a better deal, but if this is a good deal, I should probably go ahead and grab it. Would appreciate comments on whether this is a good deal or not. Thanks!

I am sailing on Sympathy on 1/26/19. Yesterday they had a 50% sale on voom .Don"t know how long the sale is. I had previously signed up for 1 @18.99 day (132.63). Changed to now get 2 for the same price. Keep checking your planner for savings. The sales are on soda packages too. Like you said, if better price comes up, you can cancel and rebuy at the sale price.

I am sailing on Sympathy on 1/26/19. Yesterday they had a 50% sale on voom .Don"t know how long the sale is. I had previously signed up for 1 @18.99 day (132.63). Changed to now get 2 for the same price. Keep checking your planner for savings. The sales are on soda packages too. Like you said, if better price comes up, you can cancel and rebuy at the sale price.

I've never seen a sale on the Soda package :confused:

What is the normal price for a soda package and the internet package (without streaming)?

Surf is typically not available pre cruise - I've seen at $12/day ($16 on board). Soda is usually $8.50/day. As a comparison, I see $21/day for the combo (with Stream) on Anthem in two weeks,

Surf is typically not available pre cruise - I've seen at $12/day ($16 on board). Soda is usually $8.50/day. As a comparison, I see $21/day for the combo (with Stream) on Anthem in two weeks,

Things might be changing. On our Allure cruise in December there are 1-4 device surf and stream packages as well as 1-4 device surf only packages.

Things might be changing. On our Allure cruise in December there are 1-4 device surf and stream packages as well as 1-4 device surf only packages.

To get the 4 device package, does everyone have to be in the same cabin? We have 3 cabins and would probably need to split it 2-1-1.

We are booked on the Symphony for May 2019. My cruise planner shows Classic Soda/VOOM package for $24/day, which is supposed to be a sale price. I can't find individual prices for soda package or internet anywhere on my cruise planner, or on the website, for comparison purposes. We don't care about streaming, just being able to text. Can't figure out if this is a good deal or not. If they add texting to the app before May, we wouldn't need to buy an internet package. I know I can buy it now and cancel later if I find a better deal, but if this is a good deal, I should probably go ahead and grab it. Would appreciate comments on whether this is a good deal or not. Thanks!

This is not a good deal. Hang on for a while before you purchase because the price will definitely come down. Right now I have three cruises booked and three different prices for the same thing on each ship. Just checking my cruise planner now for what you asking about shows soda and voom for $19 on Liberty of the seas at the end of Oct. 2018 $22 on Mariner of the seas at the end of April 2019 and $24 on Adventure of the seas at the beginning of Dec. 2019. You can always book and cancel and rebook but then RCi just gets more of your money earlier than you need to give it to them to and they get your money on the new booking and take 5-7 days to refund your old booking. I'm positive that the price will come down a fair bit between now and then. Just keep checking the cruise planner, especially when you get an email from RCi advertising various discounts.

This is not a good deal. Hang on for a while before you purchase because the price will definitely come down. Right now I have three cruises booked and three different prices for the same thing on each ship. Just checking my cruise planner now for what you asking about shows soda and voom for $19 on Liberty of the seas at the end of Oct. 2018 $22 on Mariner of the seas at the end of April 2019 and $24 on Adventure of the seas at the beginning of Dec. 2019. You can always book and cancel and rebook but then RCi just gets more of your money earlier than you need to give it to them to and they get your money on the new booking and take 5-7 days to refund your old booking. I'm positive that the price will come down a fair bit between now and then. Just keep checking the cruise planner, especially when you get an email from RCi advertising various discounts.

Tree_skier, thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sailed with Royal for a couple of years, so really appreciate insight on pricing.

Our cruise on Grandeur in July is showing a 25% 'on board savings' for classic soda and voom one device. This $24 per day. What I don't understand is that the voom surf and stream is $11.99 per day and the classic soda $9.99 per day.... so the combo is more expensive than buying separately ??

What am I missing? TIA

not sailed with royal for a couple of years, so really appreciate insight on pricing.

Our cruise on grandeur in july is showing a 25% 'on board savings' for classic soda and voom one device. This $24 per day. What i don't understand is that the voom surf and stream is $11.99 per day and the classic soda $9.99 per day.... So the combo is more expensive than buying separately ??

What am i missing? Tia

rci math.

lol So pricing is all over the shop! :D

Soda packages don’t seem to even go on sale. They used to be $8.50/day- for my August 2019 cruise, they are $9.99. Voom prices vary quite a bit- often in the $14/day per device range but lower with sales. Good luck!

The soda package is $8.50 now. There is a price increase in 2019 to $9.99