Coffee card

Mopsymillar

I raised the complaint about the expiring punches with a Princess customer service rep. She said it was covered under the contract. I asked her to email the exact passage that covers it. She never did.

I’m shocked that she never replied to your request. Did you really think you were going to get one??

To all my Cruise Critic friends don’t let Princess get away with this. Return the value of the Coffee Cards or Honor the remaining punches on the card!!!

Tony

Below re the terms and conditions as posted on the Princess site (not surprised that the last sentence is on every yearly update):

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.

I realize this is now on the Princess website. What I was hoping to receive from the customer service rep was the part of the passage contract in force on the date we received our coffee cards that allows Princess to retroactively change the program. I really thought I'd get an email. If we end up not going on another cruise to use up our punches, I'll give them away to someone.

I’ve got the signs and t-shirts ready but I need to approve the final wording. Is it:

The Coffee Card Rebellion

Or

Coffee cards- They are Revolting!

Or

Make Coffee Cards Full Value Again (MCCFVA) (of course, red caps)

#1 The Coffee Card Rebellion

A very famous sailor J.P.J. once said “I have not yet begun to fight”. :)

My friend Thrak please get into this fight with me. I need all the help I can get..

Tony

#1 The Coffee Card Rebellion

A very famous sailor J.P.J. once said “I have not yet begun to fight”. :)

My friend Thrak please get into this fight with me. I need all the help I can get..

Tony

Sorry, Tony. I think you are destined to lose this fight. It's the same battle people had who purchased the AIBP and then had it changed to the PBP. Different rules imposed after purchase. I don't think Princess will budge on this issue. I do agree they should either honor the cards or return the "value" to people. Of course that would end up with people buying them on an auction site for less than original cost and then turning them in to Princess for the full value. (Sadly, you know there are people who would do this.) Limiting the turn-in to Elite cruisers might help to mitigate that issue though. I think it's an outrage to change the rules so dramatically. You would have been far better off keeping the mini bar setup even if you ended up taking it home with you.

The actual terms were not that the punches never expired but rather that unused punches on the cruise you purchased the card could be used on your next cruise.

Princess does need to come out with new packages that vary by the length of cruise as 15 specialty coffees for a typical 7 day cruise may be hard to use up for many.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, Tony. I think you are destined to lose this fight. It's the same battle people had who purchased the AIBP and then had it changed to the PBP. Different rules imposed after purchase. I don't think Princess will budge on this issue. I do agree they should either honor the cards or return the "value" to people. Of course that would end up with people buying them on an auction site for less than original cost and then turning them in to Princess for the full value. (Sadly, you know there are people who would do this.) Limiting the turn-in to Elite cruisers might help to mitigate that issue though. I think it's an outrage to change the rules so dramatically. You would have been far better off keeping the mini bar setup even if you ended up taking it home with you.

Thrak, I know your right about this. It’s all about the Money. Princess Nickel and Diming again & again.:mad:

I really don’t drink the liquor from the mini bar setup. If we ever cruise someday on the same ship it’s all yours. :beer-mug: :whiskey-glass:

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

T

Princess does need to come out with new packages that vary by the length of cruise as 15 specialty coffees for a typical 7 day cruise may be hard to use up for many.

Be careful what you wish for. What you may end up with is a daily rate like the PBP has. You could end up paying much more than you do now on voyages greater than 7 days.

We have a couple of cards that haven't been punched and haven't had voyage info written on them. We'll take them on our cruise in November. (They were a "freebie" from a TA on a previous cruise. We moved the cruise to the Sip and Sail so never used them.) Hopefully we won't get any flak about not having ship or voyage info written on them.

Since only the punches can be used (no free fresh brewed), it will not matter if any ship or voyage is written on the back of the card.

Since only the punches can be used (no free fresh brewed), it will not matter if any ship or voyage is written on the back of the card.

I like a Vanilla Latte with a shot of Jameson. Makes a great breakfast drink. :)

So, does this new Coffee Package need to be purchased ahead of time (via the website)? Or can it be purchased on the ship like the Coffee Cards?

Thanks

Same as the old coffee cards, either pre-cruise or on the ship. Same price either way. On board you can use OBC to help pay for it.

Under the coffee package system can you purchase one package and buy 2 coffees at the same time.

Yes - you can get two of the specialty coffees at the same time on one card. We did that on our last cruise when I'd used (almost) all of mine & hubby still had several left.

So, if you are on that 7-day sailing & both people like the specialty coffees (but won't each drink 15) - buy one package & the owner buys the drinks.

Under the coffee package system can you purchase one package and buy 2 coffees at the same time.

Yes you can. On your coffee package they will deduct the 2 specialty coffees from the 15 you received for purchasing the coffee package. Remember your coffee package will expire at the end of the cruise.

Tony

I usually buy this for my DW, she likes a capa-cupa-expressa-mocha-latte-thingy once in a while. I like the unlimited fresh brew. We've got an 11 day Med coming up, so this is a deal for me. Even if we only do 4-6 fresh brews a day we win.

I never understood why they even have a coffee 'card'. Why not just attach the 'card' to your account so that you use your ship card (like the rink package)? I'm glad tey don't so that I can take my wife's coffee card and get a fresh brew. I would also think that once Ocean Medallion goes live (if ever) they would just attach it there.

I never understood why they even have a coffee 'card'. Why not just attach the 'card' to your account so that you use your ship card (like the rink package)? I'm glad tey don't so that I can take my wife's coffee card and get a fresh brew. I would also think that once Ocean Medallion goes live (if ever) they would just attach it there.

Ask and ye shall receive. It is now attached. Presto Chango

It is.

I usually buy this for my DW, she likes a capa-cupa-expressa-mocha-latte-thingy once in a while. I like the unlimited fresh brew. We've got an 11 day Med coming up, so this is a deal for me. Even if we only do 4-6 fresh brews a day we win.

We used to always get one card and then I would drink the fresh brewed and she would drink the punches. We bought two "just because" and then had the Sip and Sail on the next two cruises. I gave away our punched cards from the past where most of the punches weren't used (we had the Sip and Sail on our last two cruises) and kept the two unused cards. When we had the Sip and Sail (after I gave away the mostly unpunched cards) I discovered I liked those fancy coffee things. (Who knew?) Soooo.. We will likely use all the punches on our untouched cards on our upcoming 19 day cruise. My only issue is that I will have to actually pay for the shot of Jameson in the Vanilla Latte. :eek: OUCH! Having free liquor was nice!!!