Coffee card

Mopsymillar

I agree. I exchanged for mini bars that I could have brought home with me. Now I have useless cards. Very short notice. They should have given more than 1 1/2 years notice. The average person does not cruise more than once a year. It's such a small thing but has made me look into different cruise lines.

If you are changing lines because of a coffee card sitting around in your junk drawer, Princes would just as soon fire you as a customer and replace you with a new customer who will spend on drink packages, specialty dining, gambling and bingo. You will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Coffee Card Rebellion :mad:

To all my Cruise Critic friends don’t let Princess get away with letting are Old Coffee Card Expire!!!

Princess told us they would be good until we used all the punches on the card.

Tony

Cap’n: I happily back you in your quest to sustain the Rebellion; I will note that we have six unpunched and two part punched cards in our possession. These cards have forced us to cruise Princess exclusively for next year. ;p Seven cruises booked was our only answer. We will squeeze in at least a couple more before the day of reckoning.

Live long and continue the fight for our rights. (Also fight for your right to party!)

Cap’n: I happily back you in your quest to sustain the Rebellion; I will note that we have six unpunched and two part punched cards in our possession. These cards have forced us to cruise Princess exclusively for next year. ;p Seven cruises booked was our only answer. We will squeeze in at least a couple more before the day of reckoning.

Live long and continue the fight for our rights. (Also fight for your right to party!)

The Coffee Card Rebellion :mad:

Neverbeenhere I knew I could count on you to keep the Rebellion going.“Live long and continue the fight” :)

The Captain of The Rowboat

Tony

For those that are truly "in the know": :cool:

Breadman likes brewed coffee and also espresso drinks. I would want a frou-frou drink a few times on the cruise. I was going to get him a coffee package but skip it for me. So here's the headscratcher -- will it be possible for my husband to choose to pay for some of his espressos (pretty cheap) separately and not use the virtual "punches" so as to save some of those "punches" for fancy drinks (much more expensive) for me? Or will the cruise card just accept the first 15 orders chronologically and then bill all later orders at the going rate?

For those that are truly "in the know": :cool:

Breadman likes brewed coffee and also espresso drinks. I would want a frou-frou drink a few times on the cruise. I was going to get him a coffee package but skip it for me. So here's the headscratcher -- will it be possible for my husband to choose to pay for some of his espressos (pretty cheap) separately and not use the virtual "punches" so as to save some of those "punches" for fancy drinks (much more expensive) for me? Or will the cruise card just accept the first 15 orders chronologically and then bill all later orders at the going rate?

You could let him use your card for the cheaper espressos.

Hi , we've just booked the Sapphire for next year after a year away.

We have a partially used coffee card and I know you used to be able to use them on your next cruise. But, I may have imagined it,are the cards now defunct?

I have three unused cards. One is a paper card that doesn't have any date on it, another is the same card that has the first date of our sailing but not an expiration date and the third is an older card that was in color blue and gold which doesn't have any date on it. Can these cards still be used?

I have three unused cards. One is a paper card that doesn't have any date on it, another is the same card that has the first date of our sailing but not an expiration date and the third is an older card that was in color blue and gold which doesn't have any date on it. Can these cards still be used?
The punches should be good until August 31, 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may find someone on your cruise that will happily buy you a latte or cappuccino... srpilo isn’t the only one who will be standing at the IC with card in hand. I don’t plan on letting my cards go to waste so.... I plan on making as many people happy as possible ;)

Just don't make the sale obvious on the ship. ;)

So, does this new Coffee Package need to be purchased ahead of time (via the website)? Or can it be purchased on the ship like the Coffee Cards?

Thanks

If you make the purchase ahead of time one of the crew members doesn't receive credit for the sale.

It doesn't make any difference in price to the passenger but to the crew member it does.

A thought came to mind as I am again reading how the consumer is feeling "hood-winked" by the sale of a product that no longer under the same rules as it was years ago.

How many meetings do we think that this subject actually has been attended to by the "higher ups"?

Obviously someone felt that Princess was getting the short end of the stick and quickly decided to change the terms of the coffee card. And then, after further meetings, decided it needed to be much more quickly changed so they can get on with the new terms which would be much smarter for them.

I always thought that the original coffee card program was fair. If I did not use it up on one cruise, I could use up the balance on subsequent cruises on Princess. Obviously, people were doing other things with their coffee cards which was most likely brought up in a meeting on how this program was much more beneficial to the customer than to the company. There is also the fact that Princess is trying so desperately to go totally electronic in all aspects of ships business. Therefor, whala! Presto changO!

Unfortunately, they do have the right to change the way they do business.

A thought came to mind as I am again reading how the consumer is feeling "hood-winked" by the sale of a product that no longer under the same rules as it was years ago.

How many meetings do we think that this subject actually has been attended to by the "higher ups"?

Obviously someone felt that Princess was getting the short end of the stick and quickly decided to change the terms of the coffee card. And then, after further meetings, decided it needed to be much more quickly changed so they can get on with the new terms which would be much smarter for them.

I always thought that the original coffee card program was fair. If I did not use it up on one cruise, I could use up the balance on subsequent cruises on Princess. Obviously, people were doing other things with their coffee cards which was most likely brought up in a meeting on how this program was much more beneficial to the customer than to the company. There is also the fact that Princess is trying so desperately to go totally electronic in all aspects of ships business. Therefor, whala! Presto changO!

Unfortunately, they do have the right to change the way they do business.

I agree with you thinking but I believe that the main reason for the change was possibly that Princess might have detected counterfeit cards being used, which were being sold on eBay. Thus if they allowed paper coffee cards to be used indefinitely, as once promised, there would never be an end to them.

If my logic is correct it would have been nice if Princess had explained it to their customers instead of just ending the old program abruptly and creating a lot of bad feelings.

I agree with you thinking but I believe that the main reason for the change was possibly that Princess might have detected counterfeit cards being used, which were being sold on eBay. Thus if they allowed paper coffee cards to be used indefinitely, as once promised, there would never be an end to them.

If my logic is correct it would have been nice if Princess had explained it to their customers instead of just ending the old program abruptly and creating a lot of bad feelings.

The Coffee Card Rebellion.

I never seen or heard of any one being questioned about a paper coffee card or a counterfeit coffee card.

Tony

The Coffee Card Rebellion.

I never seen or heard of any one being questioned about a paper coffee card or a counterfeit coffee card.

Tony

I haven't either but it certainly wouldn't be all that hard to counterfeit them.

After all, when it comes to being checked, who really checks anything at the coffee counter anyway?

I haven't either but it certainly wouldn't be all that hard to counterfeit them.

After all, when it comes to being checked, who really checks anything at the coffee counter anyway?

If I was going to counterfeit something, it wouldn't be an item that the person who has to validate sees dozens of times every single day.

If I was going to counterfeit something, it wouldn't be an item that the person who has to validate sees dozens of times every single day.

Let's see, a paper card, no security mechanism, could be printed with just about any printer with the right card stock, then sold on ebay,

Would be easy enough to fake a few and make a few dollars.

Let's see, a paper card, no security mechanism, could be printed with just about any printer with the right card stock, then sold on ebay,

Would be easy enough to fake a few and make a few dollars.

One mistake and the embarrassment would be considerable, for yourself or whoever you've passed it on to. And no way to tell but the acid test ... but as we have no evidence of any such counterfeiting, I'm afraid you're back on Fantasy Island instead of the Love Boat.

One mistake and the embarrassment would be considerable, for yourself or whoever you've passed it on to. And no way to tell but the acid test ... but as we have no evidence of any such counterfeiting, I'm afraid you're back on Fantasy Island instead of the Love Boat.

I think your deluding yourself if you really believe it hasn't been done.

It's so easily printed and sold on eBay with no possible way to prove you're the guilty party. It's not like the barista is checking each card with a counterfeit marking pen. :')

In any event, the end is in sight with the all the passengers now having to pay the price of not being able to carry the coffee punches to their next cruise.:(

I think your deluding yourself if you really believe it hasn't been done.

It's so easily printed and sold on eBay with no possible way to prove you're the guilty party. It's not like the barista is checking each card with a counterfeit marking pen. :')

In any event, the end is in sight with the all the passengers now having to pay the price of not being able to carry the coffee punches to their next cruise.:(

It's possible, but I think it's more likely to be, as has been suggested, the drive to have things electronic, with the bonus it's one less bit of accountable paper to worry about.

It's possible, but I think it's more likely to be, as has been suggested, the drive to have things electronic, with the bonus it's one less bit of accountable paper to worry about.

With even thing going electronic it would be easier than ever to carry over coffee punches.

At the same time it would eliminate any one from giving, sharing or selling their coffee punches.

DUH....that is because you can't buy or get coffee CARDS on board any more. The offering is the "Coffee PACKAGE" which I detailed above. The package is on your cruise card' date=' in the same way that a soda or unlimited package is on the card. The barista can swipe your card at any time to tell you how many fancy drinks you have remaining. They also swipe when you get a tea bag or brewed coffee, but there is no charge if you have the package--so same as the card, but it expires at the end of the cruise. There is no way to hold over any unused "punches" to another cruise as was possible with cards.[/quote']

I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago and it was a Medallion ship. I asked for a coffee card instead of a mini bar set up. Anyway, Room Svc said it will be on the cruise card - just tap the cruise card on purchase of a special brew or any item on board and it will be electronically sent. This gadget expired at the end of the cruise. I got short-changed since I still have four more "punches":). Also, the rep told me the cards will expire the end of the year???:confused: I will be sailing on the Star Princess next month and just wondering since it is not a medallion ship, will they still be issuing cards.:cool:

I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago and it was a Medallion ship. I asked for a coffee card instead of a mini bar set up. Anyway, Room Svc said it will be on the cruise card - just tap the cruise card on purchase of a special brew or any item on board and it will be electronically sent. This gadget expired at the end of the cruise. I got short-changed since I still have four more "punches":). Also, the rep told me the cards will expire the end of the year???:confused: I will be sailing on the Star Princess next month and just wondering since it is not a medallion ship, will they still be issuing cards.:cool:

Nope. The current listing says that, as of June 2018, the package has gone digital. It will be linked to your cruise card and will be good only on the voyage on which it is purchased. No more carrying over punches. If you have a old paper card the punches will still be good until August 31, 2019 but new purchases are all digital and only good for the one voyage.

I never understood why they even have a coffee 'card'. Why not just attach the 'card' to your account...

The coffee card was one of the small things that set Princess apart from other lines. Some times given as a perk, it could be used on multiple cruises until the last "punch" was gone. With the new system the entire credit disappears the date the cruise is over.

I will be sailing on the Star Princess next month and just wondering since it is not a medallion ship, will they still be issuing cards.:cool:

Since it's not yet a medallion ship the coffee punches will still be stored on their computer but will be deducted using your cruise card.

They'll have to swipe your card each time you get coffee & it will get deducted in that fashion instead of using a medallion.

Same difference.

Keep in mind that most likely the person doing the counterfeiting would not be the person using the card. They would print and sell on ebay.

Same as with the counterfeiting of sports event tickets.

Never said there was counterfeiting, only that it would be quite simple.

I suspect the main reason for the change is do to accounting for the value of unused cards that have built up over the years, most of which would be as elite benefits.

Edited by RDC1