Are we allowed to bring a case of pop onboard during a port of call?

Produce123

I'm glad I looked at this thread as I had no idea we could bring on a 6 pack of soda/pop/Coke at a port. If DW bought a 6 pack and I bought a 6 pack different kind of soda/pop/Coke, is that permitted? Thx!

Yes, you are permitted 1 - 12pk each. Should remain sealed in the box.

Edited by DMKahlan
correct english

Yes, you are permitted 1 - 12pk each. Should remain sealed in the box.

Just to clarify this, the cans of soda themselves need to be sealed. The box doesn't need to be sealed. You can take them all out of the box if you want to or you can keep them in the box and mix and match different brands, etc.

Just to clarify this, the cans of soda themselves need to be sealed. The box doesn't need to be sealed. You can take them all out of the box if you want to or you can keep them in the box and mix and match different brands, etc.

Interesting. I was told when boarding once that they should be sealed in the original carton/box. Carnival's website just says can/carton so it appears you may be on to something. Appreciate the heads up.

Interesting. I was told when boarding once that they should be sealed in the original carton/box. Carnival's website just says can/carton so it appears you may be on to something. Appreciate the heads up.

Some ports (Charleston comes to mind) will open the cartons to check them. I've carried them in inside of my luggage before, as well as inside of a Target bag. (My cardboard carton busted :rolleyes::mad:)

Thanks for the info everyone. I forgot that in the USA it’s called “soda”, here in Canada it’s called “pop”. Cheers!

Pop in most of the Great Lakes (grew up on Lake Erie in PA, but also got a lot of Canadian stations on radio/TV antenna). Soda in much of the North Eastern US.

Fun thread

Pop... and dinner is the noon meal as opposed to supper which you eat in the evening. You have lunch between breakfast and dinner and also between dinner and supper.

I say eee-ther not eye-ther.

Bathroom

I feel better now :):):)

I always think of dinner as a family meal, usually Sunday dinner was afternoons after church but weeknight evenings was eating at the dinner table around 6 when everyone was home from school/work.

Brunch was between breakfast and lunch. Would your dinner actually be high tea?

I call it pop here in Iowa. When people correct me and say its soda, I just remind them that it is correct to say Hello, not Hi y'all.

Never said "hi y'all in my life and it has always been soda to me.

That's baking soda. Pop is something that popcorn does in the microwave. :')

Soda here!

Or is married to Mom.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned "Kleenex" instead of facial tissue.

Edited by RWolver672

When I was growing up it was 'pop', don't know what is used now - I just ask for a 'coke' and expect to get Coke or Pepsi.

I would ask for the 'loo' or 'ladies', never 'restroom'.

A purse is something I use to keep coins in. Notes go in my wallet and I carry them both in my handbag :)

Pants are underwear and we never use a 'fannypack' :eek:

In Belfast any meat cooked on a grill outside is "BBQ,d", sports shoes are "trainers" rest, washrooms are "loos" and the one that sets us in most trouble when abroad is. When asking for an ice cream cone in Northern Ireland we ask for a "poke" which means something completely different in a lot of other countries😀

And most will accommodate you with a poke . Be oh so careful who you ask for you might just get it.:o