What I must know before cruising on Anthem? Please help

Hello again, kind and cool cruisers!

I've been on 9 cruises before, but it will be my first on that kind of big ship, where you need to reserve/book almost everything)) Wow. So, i'm browsing and reading the boards for all information. Apparently, you need to reserve Solarium Bistro (even though it's complementary) - is that true? Also, we choose second seating at MDR but i cannot find anywhere on RCCL website - when is that. It usually from 8 pm, but with ship that big, who knows)) Without knowing exact time I cannot choose show time to reserve (reserve again))). I hope all the reserving will not scare me away from those giants RCC and NCL are offering right now. The ships looks great and has so much to offer. So, any tips from especially resent cruisers will be greatly appreciated. Going to Bermuda in November (may not be the best beach weather, that's why don't want to miss any ship's activities even more). Thank you,

Yes, you need to reserve Solarium Bistro. There are two extra cost items on the menu.

With regard to your dining time, contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. You will see your dining time and other details on this document.

Yes, you need to reserve Solarium Bistro. There are two extra cost items on the menu.

With regard to your dining time, contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. You will see your dining time and other details on this document.

thank you, will do!

Book the shows prior to sailing although it might be possible to reserve once onboard.

Right. Thank you. Also, on any other cruises there are some kind of show every night (cruise line's production and invited stand up, singing magicians, Second City, etc)). But i only see three offered show on my cruise, is that it? No late night comics?.

They have other shows, comic, headliners etc. The three main shows you should reserve. You probably will get in without a reservation but it’s better to have one. You can always change times onboard if you have a conflict. If you reserve Ifly and the North Star you need to cancel within 24hours if you decide not to go. They may charge you if you don’t!

Bumper cars on the first day is a good idea. We have done them before even going to the cabin. Also check out when the trapeze is available, along with roller skating. There is lots to do on Anthem and much to see, you will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few months ago second seating was in Chic/Grande on Deck 3 at 8:15. Shows (except for We Will Rock You) last about 45 minutes. Note that you need to be at shows around 1/2 hour before showtime to get best seats - they open show venues 45 minutes before and standbys are allowed in at 15 minutes before.

Things like iFly and Northstar you can show up at your reservation time, although if you show up early and there is space they will put you on early.

Bumper cars are 1st come 1st serve and line is seldom more than 20 minutes long. Things like trapeze and roller skating book up quickly, so get in line 1/2 hour or so before start of 1st session to reserve your place. Rock wall seldom books up.

Note that if you need to get off the ship for an early shore excursion don't use the forward gangway unless you have a ship excursion meeting in the theater. Took us 45 minutes to get off there and almost missed a ship excursion on shore (St Maarten). Use the midship gangway.

They have other shows, comic, headliners etc. The three main shows you should reserve. You probably will get in without a reservation but it’s better to have one. You can always change times onboard if you have a conflict. If you reserve Ifly and the North Star you need to cancel within 24hours if you decide not to go. They may charge you if you don’t!

Bumper cars on the first day is a good idea. We have done them before even going to the cabin. Also check out when the trapeze is available, along with roller skating. There is lots to do on Anthem and much to see, you will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got it:D, thank you:D

We just got off Anthem on the 18th and found that the shows you need to book were quite boring (Spectra's Cabaret) and corny (We Will Rock You). The other show was to running on our cruise due to technical issues. We did not go to the headliner show as we have seen them before, and when to the Juggler and one of the Comedy shows. Overall Entertainment on this ship was the biggest disappointment for us after doing Oasis Class ships. Again this is a very subjective offering and I hope you enjoy them and enjoy your cruise.

BTW, I have found that our waitstaff (Anderson and Kris) were the best we have ever had on any of our cruises.

We just got off Anthem on the 18th and found that the shows you need to book were quite boring (Spectra's Cabaret) and corny (We Will Rock You). The other show was to running on our cruise due to technical issues. We did not go to the headliner show as we have seen them before, and when to the Juggler and one of the Comedy shows. Overall Entertainment on this ship was the biggest disappointment for us after doing Oasis Class ships. Again this is a very subjective offering and I hope you enjoy them and enjoy your cruise.

BTW, I have found that our waitstaff (Anderson and Kris) were the best we have ever had on any of our cruises.

Thanks, love comedy shows.

A few months ago second seating was in Chic/Grande on Deck 3 at 8:15. Shows (except for We Will Rock You) last about 45 minutes. Note that you need to be at shows around 1/2 hour before showtime to get best seats - they open show venues 45 minutes before and standbys are allowed in at 15 minutes before.

Things like iFly and Northstar you can show up at your reservation time, although if you show up early and there is space they will put you on early.

Bumper cars are 1st come 1st serve and line is seldom more than 20 minutes long. Things like trapeze and roller skating book up quickly, so get in line 1/2 hour or so before start of 1st session to reserve your place. Rock wall seldom books up.

Note that if you need to get off the ship for an early shore excursion don't use the forward gangway unless you have a ship excursion meeting in the theater. Took us 45 minutes to get off there and almost missed a ship excursion on shore (St Maarten). Use the midship gangway.

Thank you. I went on RCCL website to reserve and found only shows, excursions and specialty restaurants. But not able to book all the included activities, ifly, etc. Will call them and ask.

Hi Newone :)

If you need to cancel reservations for (RipCord by iFly) or (North Star), be sure to do that 12-hours prior to your reservation time slot or you could be charged a $25 no show fee.

I'll drop that info below, have a terrific sailing onboard Anthem!

PicsArt_10-03-03.50.25_zpsvnt76ehr.jpg

:)

It was probably just our (bad) luck, but we reserved iFly when we boarded for the last sea day (Thursday, I think it was). It broke down on Tuesday and was out of service for the duration of the cruise. Obviously they didn't charge us the $25, but we never got to do it.

My advice, book it early......

Jeff

Yet, we loved We Will Rock You! Spectras depends on who is playing Spectra. Terry was unbelievable in the role. We thought The Gift was one and done.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music but the script was very hokey to my group. Spectra seemed more like a show to show off the features of 270 and not based on any theme or story. Never got to see The Gift.

Also, there are certain things that you need to book, but can only book onboard, so as soon as you board, either get hooked up with the Royal IQ app, or find one of the ipods floating around to make reservations. Escape Room is something I believe you need to make onboard. There's also a trapeze school if you're daring to try that, you need to make reservations for onboard. You can also make reservations for ifly and north star if available, but those you can do prior to boarding.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music but the script was very hokey to my group. Spectra seemed more like a show to show off the features of 270 and not based on any theme or story. Never got to see The Gift.

You are completely right about Spectra showing off the room. They should let people know, it explains a lot about the show. The Gift was just strange, pretty to look at though.

This is one ship where you really need to make reservations. Yes, you can usually walk into the three production shows without one, however those without reservations have to wait outside until 10 minutes to showtime and by then the best seats are gone.

WWRY is a homage to the music of Queen. If you're a fan you'll love it. In addition to the shows Anthem often books tribute bands. Last month we saw DSB, a Journey tribute band who were great.

I-fly and Northstar tend to book up. If you can't book ahead don't worry. Just get to the ship early and ask where to book activities. Last month it was in 270. The folks there are happy to assist you with activities and shows.

Oh, so much to do before the cruise))). Finally, I found where to reserve North Star and iFly on RCCL website, but they offer only 4 days out of 7 (on drop down menu) - but you can only click on "Cancel" and not on "Add to Cart".. All paying activities are available to add, but not what's included in price. I guess i will try a few times and if nothing will book it on the ship. At least, thanks to all of you, i know what i need to do once i'm aboard;p. No food, no cabin - run to Guest service desk or whatever.

You are completely right about Spectra showing off the room. They should let people know, it explains a lot about the show. The Gift was just strange, pretty to look at though.
And they're STILL the same shows that I saw 3 years ago on the Southampton to Cape Liberty cruise. :(