Question about Vibe Passes

Jackplot

I will be on the Escape with my husband and another couple. We are leaving out of NYC on Sunday, September 9th. I am thinking about purchasing Vibe Passes mainly because I am concerned about crowds at the pool area and trying to find chairs every day. Do you think that will be a problem given when we are traveling? I am expecting kids to be back at school and it not to be as busy that week. Am I wrong? If I do decide to get the passes, how much are they and I'm assuming we will all need a pass, correct? Any help is appreciated.

There are usually empty chairs that are away from directly near the pool.

Only the people who want VIBE access have to purchase but all that want to purchase must be present. One person cannot run ahead and secure passes for others in most cases.

Even if you don't get passes, there is also Spice H2O (no charge) and the Spa (charge) if you want another adult area.

The Escape pool deck is ridiculously undersized for the crowd. it's not like on the smaller older ships where there's a few inches between sun loungers. Its beyond maxed out with people. If you can get a Vibe pass I'd do it for sure. Even if it means giving up something else.

I will be on the Escape with my husband and another couple. We are leaving out of NYC on Sunday, September 9th. I am thinking about purchasing Vibe Passes mainly because I am concerned about crowds at the pool area and trying to find chairs every day. Do you think that will be a problem given when we are traveling? I am expecting kids to be back at school and it not to be as busy that week. Am I wrong? If I do decide to get the passes, how much are they and I'm assuming we will all need a pass, correct? Any help is appreciated.

The first issue is the assertion that you need to sit by the pool. There are lots of loungers on the upper sundeck (not next to the pool). And if you are in the Vibe, you will not be in the pool. There is also the adults only Spice H20.

Ships sail full every week. With kids back in school, there are more adults who are more likely to hog a chair than a kid.

Only the people who what to pay for the Vibe need passes. 80 of the 4500 guest on the ship will have Vibe passes. 4420 have decided that they don’t want to pay $129 for facilities that are free right outside the Vibe door.

Only the people who what to pay for the Vibe need passes. 80 of the 4500 guest on the ship will have Vibe passes. 4420 have decided that they don’t want to pay $129 for facilities that are free right outside the Vibe door.
Some of those 4420 did not make that decision, they had it made for them when the Vibe passes were sold out by the time they got to Customer Service desk to purchase them. The fact that they are sold out in the first couple of boarding groups leads me to think quite a few people get turned away, but I have no data to support that claim.

Vibe might sound interesting, but if all you want is a lounger, there are plenty of those available. The problem with loungers is when people want loungers right by the pool. If you want loungers right by the pool, Vibe won't help (no pool in Vibe).

My wife and I are on the same cruise.....move quickly or you'll be run over :')

We sailed the BA same date in 2013, I couldn't believe how many kids were on the ship. Lots of parents didn't seem to mind their children missing the second or third week of the school year.

Check out the Escape Vibe video here.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI&t=9s

All joking aside you'll want to get on the ship as soon as you can

I'm sorry, it is just me and my opinion. I do not understand why people buy a Vibe pass. Yes, it is limited and there are no pool in there. It is just some loungers and some hot tubs for limited amount of people. If wanted a lounger, there might be some on the higher deck (sun deck). No need to be near the pool. If wanted to swim, just wait til arrival to the port. At Bahamas or Bermuda - you can swim all you want.

To those that wanted a vibe pass, you would need to show up at the terminal before 9:30 am to get into the early group.

Some of those 4420 did not make that decision, they had it made for them when the Vibe passes were sold out by the time they got to Customer Service desk to purchase them. The fact that they are sold out in the first couple of boarding groups leads me to think quite a few people get turned away, but I have no data to support that claim.

Vibe might sound interesting, but if all you want is a lounger, there are plenty of those available. The problem with loungers is when people want loungers right by the pool. If you want loungers right by the pool, Vibe won't help (no pool in Vibe).

Probably a good chunk of that 4500 passengers that have no clue what Vibe passes are too.

My wife and I are on the same cruise.....move quickly or you'll be run over :')

We sailed the BA same date in 2013, I couldn't believe how many kids were on the ship. Lots of parents didn't seem to mind their children missing the second or third week of the school year.

Check out the Escape Vibe video here.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI&t=9s

All joking aside you'll want to get on the ship as soon as you can

Lots of people "home school" these days there a a number of on line schools for all grade levels.

Did a cruise several years ago where there was a large group (about 50) of " home school" kids from Camp Pendleton Marine Corp Base out of San Diego. Very well behaved young people. As part of their learning experience, they interview Senior Management staff and a few passengers were also interviewed. Great fun.

I'm sorry, it is just me and my opinion. I do not understand why people buy a Vibe pass. Yes, it is limited and there are no pool in there. It is just some loungers and some hot tubs for limited amount of people. If wanted a lounger, there might be some on the higher deck (sun deck). No need to be near the pool. If wanted to swim, just wait til arrival to the port. At Bahamas or Bermuda - you can swim all you want.

To those that wanted a vibe pass, you would need to show up at the terminal before 9:30 am to get into the early group.

Its not for you to understand, some people like chocolate and some people like vanilla. 9:30am might do it, might not. Vibe might be sold out within 5 minutes it might take an hour or two, every cruise is different. I've seen passes available the following day because people returned them after finding out their was not a pool in the Vibe. I've seen people in tears because they did not get a pass. On our last cruise I was offered 200% for ours

First you have decide if you want to sit by a pool. If that's your objective Vibe passes are useless. There is no pool there. Spice H20 which is free, has a water feature that, while not a pool, is very refreshing. If you're looking for adults only both Spice H20 and Vibe has that. If you're looking for a bar, then again both Spice and Vibe has that. If you're looking for always open cushioned loungers only Vibe has that. You can usually get a lounger at Spice until 10:30 or 11:00 on sea days. Then it fills up. Something very few people ever mention is the area just outside of Vibe. Most folks don't know it's there. As a result, there's usually loungera available all day. Other than the cushions and a waiter, it's about the same as Vibe. They have a bar that is served by the same bartenders that serve in Vibe. I've never seen a child there either. People rave about the service in Vibe. Bartenders know your name and drink, etc.. If you go to the outside area, and talk to the bartenders, on day one, it will be the same.

Adult only, for one and there's a bar in there so you don't have to wait long for a drink. Plus they come around with cold towels and mist you and bring you fruit. It's my favorite place to be! Worth every penny!