Allure debarkation early flight express walk off

We loved to cruise pre kids but this is our first time cruising with the kiddos (4 yrs and 1 yr) Looking to book a flight for 10:12 am (sunday) out of FLL after allure docks in Miami. We can do the express walk off.

Thoughts? Is this doable? Also suggestions on transportation from the port to airport. Fastest would be taxi right but is that even ok without carseats???? If we do a transfer it would take longer right??

Thanks in advance. Any other kid advice? Please share

Just got off of this past Sunday. Up at 5:45. Quick shower and Windjammer breakfast. Went to the Deck 5 around 6:20 and waited for those who were in line to pass. Everyone moved quickly down the gangway. Grabbed a cab and was at the airport by 6:45. At my gate around 7:10. I was traveling solo but you should be fine. My flight was at 10:20 and I had 2 and a half hours to spare.

So we wont have to sit in the airport all day with two little kids. The choices are early or very late. AND we have a two hour drive home after we fly.

Have you checked out other airlines? Or other flights that connect? Sometimes we do that. Or flights out of ft Lauderdale.

I would just worry the whole cruise about rushing off and missing the flight. Or what if the ship is late?

Or stay over and take the flight the next morning. Or rent a car and explore Miami for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off of this past Sunday. Up at 5:45. Quick shower and Windjammer breakfast. Went to the Deck 5 around 6:20 and waited for those who were in line to pass. Everyone moved quickly down the gangway. Grabbed a cab and was at the airport by 6:45. At my gate around 7:10. I was traveling solo but you should be fine. My flight was at 10:20 and I had 2 and a half hours to spare.

You made it from off the ship at Port of Miami and made it to FFL airport in under 25 minutes? That is pretty quick. I can see that if you came in and out of FLL not Miami.

You made it from off the ship at Port of Miami and made it to FFL airport in under 25 minutes? That is pretty quick. I can see that if you came in and out of FLL not Miami.

Yes, some didn't read whole question was about FLL and Port of Miami

If you travel in a cab you WILL NEED CAR SEATS! Florida law requires all children 3 and under to be in car seats, and those 4-6 in carseats or booster seats. This includes taxi cabs, ubers and private vehicles. You are not going to find a cab that will take your children without car seats. Plus why on earth would you even consider driving withpout them? Your only carseat free choice would be a large bus that does not require seat belts.

Yes, some didn't read whole question was about FLL and Port of Miami

My mistake. Totally different story out of Miami. Since I just disembarked out of FLL, my mind was still there!

I would not book that early of a flight in your case.

If you travel in a cab you WILL NEED CAR SEATS! Florida law requires all children 3 and under to be in car seats, and those 4-6 in carseats or booster seats. This includes taxi cabs, ubers and private vehicles. You are not going to find a cab that will take your children without car seats. Plus why on earth would you even consider driving withpout them? Your only carseat free choice would be a large bus that does not require seat belts.

Laws are one thing. What people actually do is another. I see people take taxis or limos without car seats all the time.

A lot of people are saying how easy, but in some instances I don't think are reading OP's question. They are docking in Miami and flight is from Fort Lauderdale.

To OP I don't think it's doable. Assuming you are one of the very first off the ship, you still have to handle all your own bags, would assume you also probably have a stroller. Remember there is no assistance for self-disembarkation.

Florida law requires that you have car seats for taxis, Über, etc.

Would look into flights out of Miami or have a back up plan for FLL.

We loved to cruise pre kids but this is our first time cruising with the kiddos (4 yrs and 1 yr) Looking to book a flight for 10:12 am (sunday) out of FLL after allure docks in Miami. We can do the express walk off.

Thoughts? Is this doable? Also suggestions on transportation from the port to airport. Fastest would be taxi right but is that even ok without carseats???? If we do a transfer it would take longer right??

Thanks in advance. Any other kid advice? Please share

This question, or a variation thereof appears here a lot. The challenge of course is that you will get advice from different types of travelers.

There are the exceptionally cautious who would never risk any possibility of a problem and will always give themselves a huge buffer. Among them, people will say things like "why stress about it my whole trip" or "I don't want to have to worry about missing my flight".

There are also those with ample free time (retirees, etc...) who will take the same approach but more because of a "what's the rush" attitude.

I travel a lot. I've had close connections, and I've had missed connections. It can be a pain to miss a connection, but there are literally countless variables that really indicate the amount of pain it's going to be (alternate flight availability, immediate needs from a timeframe standpoint, even airline status as this will help get one on a flight). These are factors only you can quantify.

That being said, I would not consider this an unreasonable plan, so long as you are comfortable with self debarkation. But there are those amongst us who would literally cringe at the thought of doing this.

If you said you were trying to make an 8:30 flight, I would tell you that you were really pushing your luck. But this time is doable.