ms Maasdam in FLL, ms Volendam and ms Zaandam in Juneau August 31, 2018

Scrapnana

Is the SO extra busy with all the unfamiliar workers arriving?

Yes and No; all the construction folks who will stay onboard for the duration of drydock are checked in at the Front Office and are issued I.D.'s, similar to, but not the same as, pax

Hey, that's pretty cool! Didn't realize that they had powered winches! Must be just on the new pier. I've never seen them before when we used to berth next to the library.

They've had those since the two new piers went into operation in Juneau. Sure makes the longshoremen's jobs a bit easier

They've had those since the two new piers went into operation in Juneau. Sure makes the longshoremen's jobs a bit easier

Well, OK, but I'm going to miss the yellow lab or golden retriever that belongs to one of the longshoremen. He or she always knew which bollard to run to next when we were tying up by the library :)

Well, OK, but I'm going to miss the yellow lab or golden retriever that belongs to one of the longshoremen. He or she always knew which bollard to run to next when we were tying up by the library :)

Yep; she's no longer allowed near the bollards. They still have "dock dogs" in Sitka and Skagway ;)