Coffee card question

BlueLadyBlue

From the fine print on the Princess web site

• "Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser."

So in theory, if *I* want the specialty coffees and my husband wants the complimentary brewed coffee - he should buy the package and he can shared the specialty coffees with me?

They make plenty of profit. They must be enjoying a windfall over the coffee cards and spacing out the Milestone Cruises won't hurt the bottom line either.

In that battle for the twenty dollar bill in my wallet, though, I intend to win.

People seem to forget all the times Princess has screwed the people by confiscating coffee funds, forcing people to spend OBC on junk they don't want or need, doing away with BOGO for $1, telling people that they can't sell or transfer or give away coffee cards that they paid for, etc.

If ignoring a few of their laughable rules cuts into some of their profits, then so be it.

I'm sure they'll survive very nicely.

For fear of losing non refundable OBC- so they spend it on junk just to use it.

No doubt Princess stands with a can of caulk in its hand, waiting to plug any loopholes there.

I was recently on the CB for three weeks. Over half the passengers were blue cards who no doubt cluelessly spent money without OBC to defray it. Now, that's the kind of passenger Princess wants! Not us expensive Elite types who don't spend much on board.

For fear of losing non refundable OBC- so they spend it on junk just to use it.

Yep, hold a gun to their head and make them spend that money! Of course, since it wasn't their money to start with they'rereally not out any money anyway. Of course they could always spend that free money on some food items they could then give to their steward or other people they know, or even just donate that free money to the gratuities pot by filling out a form at Passenger Services. That way somebody would get some use out of the money. Nah, probably just better to complain about being forced to buy junk. That way we can create a problem where none existed before.

Tom

Yep, hold a gun to their head and make them spend that money! Of course, since it wasn't their money to start with they'rereally not out any money anyway. Of course they could always spend that free money on some food items they could then give to their steward or other people they know, or even just donate that free money to the gratuities pot by filling out a form at Passenger Services. That way somebody would get some use out of the money. Nah, probably just better to complain about being forced to buy junk. That way we can create a problem where none existed before.

Tom

I totally agree! So many complainers on this board!

It also used to say that unused coffee punches would be good forever on subsequent Princess cruises. :mad:

I guess we'll all have to pick & choose which rules we want to obey.

Not quite. It said they would be good on your next voyage. Not forever and not voyages.

Tom

You make me laugh. Of course it's real money & I prefer to spend it where I can get the best deal for my buck.

Sometimes it might be on the ship but most times, not.

Not quite. It said they would be good on your next voyage. Not forever and not voyages.

Since your next voyage was never associated or linked with any particular coffee card then yes, the cards were good forever even though Princess tried to make people believe otherwise.

To this day they're still trying to make people believe that the cards can't be sold, transferred or given away. :rolleyes:

I've got some that have been used on 3 different ships at various times and still have remaining punches.

You make me laugh. Of course it's real money & I prefer to spend it where I can get the best deal for my buck.

Sometimes it might be on the ship but most times, not

I never said it wasn't real money. What I said was that it wasn't their money. We were talking about Non-Refundable OBC which, in a manner of speaking is money that is loaned to a cruiser for them to spend on board the ship. If they don't spend it, then it goes back to the entity that loaned it to them but they can keep whatever they did purchase with the OBC they used. It would be the same if you and I went out together somewhere and we went in to a bar and you told me you were going to treat me to a drink. If there was nothing there I wanted to drink and I said thanks but there's nothing here I want to drink and we walk out. Did I miss out on a good deal? Sure. But did I "lose" anything? No, I've still got all the money I walked into the place with, but I did miss out on a good opportunity! I guess it depends on what you consider a "loss."

Tom

People seem to forget all the times Princess has screwed the people by confiscating coffee funds, forcing people to spend OBC on junk they don't want or need, doing away with BOGO for $1, telling people that they can't sell or transfer or give away coffee cards that they paid for, etc.

If ignoring a few of their laughable rules cuts into some of their profits, then so be it.

and some seem to forget at one time there was no coffee cards or BOGO and limited OBC.....so I really don't see how people are screwed by Princess...No way am I a cheer leader...but being an avid life long traveler both land & sea & river etc..etc...flexibility is the name of the travel game.

I swore to myself I would not respond to another Coffee Card thread and hear I am. :eek:

It's 35 bucks....small peanuts...let it go...let it go.....

My firm belief..is they will let people use cards after the expiration dates just because they do not want to hear the complaints or have guests make a scene....would you make a scene?

I just got off the phone from trillion dollar amazon, I was mistreated by them on an order....my concern was resolved but not to my satisfaction, as I am still out a few dollars....but...I let it...go..:D

BTW I am still sitting on 6-8 coffee cards..because of having the AIBP & PBP...

3 cruises since the change just gave away mini bar to room attendant, a gift to me I can easily regift..why not?

Edited by land lover

Yes, the Royal has good brewed coffee in the buffet. Bring a travel mug with you.

I have not been on a Princess cruise since the new card practice was initiated. I always got the coffee card because the "brew" in the Horizon Court and dining rooms was made from liquid concentrate (YUK!). In the International Café I could get good freshly brewed real coffee for me and my DW in the morning using the coffee card.

Is the Horizon Court coffee on the Royal Princess now as good as the brewed coffee you get in the International Café?

Was on the Royal in June. Frankly they don't care which card you use. If you get 2 non drip coffees on one card, they'll just punch it twice. So it really is not an issue. In fact most people that I saw there at around 7 a.m. got multiple cups with one card. Royal was not on the medallion system at that time

I guess I'm lucky. I trade my elite mini bar set up for coffee cards making my morning long black and evening hot chocolate free. Then I buy the water at 6.90 for 12 bottles. But I still have two cards to use up before the end of the year. So maybe this time I'll trade the mini bar for a nice bottle of white wine instead

Love my elite perks! Free:

Internet

Laundry

Mini bar or coffee cards or wine

Prefered embarkation / tenders

it actually states (and has for as long as I remember):
Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

OBC can be used to defray tips and $35 for daily coffee / cocoa is way cheaper than what I spend on land ....

OTOH: Are they trading out cards with a 6/2019 expiration date yet or are they still saying 12/31? Is 6/19 only for undated cards? Trying to figure out order to use up

Yeah ... 1st world problems :hearteyes:

OTOH: Are they trading out cards with a 6/2019 expiration date yet or are they still saying 12/31? Is 6/19 only for undated cards? Trying to figure out order to use up

6/2019 is for cards that have that on the card as an expiration date. Cards without a date will be honored until 8/31/2019.

I have 3 coffee cards from prior trips 1 from the Regal a 3 punches and 2 from the Ruby 1 full and 1 with 5 punches left.

Simple question we are sailing in May of 2019 can I use the punches for my lattes in the morning from these older cards? I had no plan to purchase a card this trip as I wanted to use these up.

Next question isn't for coffee but just soda, do they still have this? It was just a sticker on my husbands card last year.

Thanks folk's find more answers here than on the web site for any cruise line.

I have 3 coffee cards from prior trips 1 from the Regal a 3 punches and 2 from the Ruby 1 full and 1 with 5 punches left.

Simple question we are sailing in May of 2019 can I use the punches for my lattes in the morning from these older cards? I had no plan to purchase a card this trip as I wanted to use these up.

Next question isn't for coffee but just soda, do they still have this? It was just a sticker on my husbands card last year.

Thanks folk's find more answers here than on the web site for any cruise line.

Yes, all of the older cards can have unused punches used on you May cruise.

The soda package still exists, but, like the new coffee package, it is loaded to your cruise card and is no longer a sticker.