What are your "Must Bring" items?

CrochetNCruisin

I know magnetic hooks are nice to have to hold papers and lanyards etc. but what are some of your other must haves?

Things you might not think of: Corkscrew (with bottle opener), if you're bringing your allotted bottle onboard; a small, foldable cooler for port days; my Steri-Pen (so I can drink the tap water in ports, along with a thermos); small, foldable beach chair (only $16 online and fits easily in suitcase) for ports; small, portable speakers for cabin; water shoes; coffee mug (since I drink a lot and the cups are too small); lots of large baggies (for wet clothes, food, as a make-shift cooler with ice, etc.). Hope this helps!

A snap-valet-tray for each nightstand, to keep things from slipping into the slots. Like this: 7178mww-djL._SL1500_.jpg I got DH's from Magellan and mine on eBay, but Amazon has many as well. Be sure to read the size and determine if that is snapped or flat size. Some are barely big enough for pocket change! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=snap+valet+tray&crid=3TNC75HVQZY9P&sprefix=snap+valet+%2Caps%2C215&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11
Thank you for this, I just ordered one :D...wish I had found this a long time ago!! :o

A snap-valet-tray for each nightstand, to keep things from slipping into the slots. Like this:

7178mww-djL._SL1500_.jpg

I got DH's from Magellan and mine on eBay, but Amazon has many as well. Be sure to read the size and determine if that is snapped or flat size. Some are barely big enough for pocket change!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=snap+valet+tray&crid=3TNC75HVQZY9P&sprefix=snap+valet+%2Caps%2C215&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

You can also get a version that folds up to a bit bigger than an envelope at dollar stores. For........ $1. :D

That and the towel clips are about the only things people suggest that we got and used.

But the LED "candles" are nice

Something I like to do on every trip (or any vacation) is to get a post card of the ship or destination. I write the ship and sailing dates & my travel partners. Then the fun part is writing a one or two word phrase of the different things that happen while on the trip. Things like “bingo win”, “bridge tour”, “ice cream mustaches “, Barb’s noisy neighbor”, etc ....later my husband & I review the postcards and the phrases remind us of things that happened that we had forgotten and we have great memories!

What a great idea! After 16 cruises over 11 years (which is nothing compared to many on this forum) I know I've forgotten many details. I will definitely be adopting this one.

A snap-valet-tray for each nightstand, to keep things from slipping into the slots.

I completely agree. I've been using one of these for years.

I'll add:

-extra reading glasses

-a small zippered tool bag containing; mini mag lite, headlamp, duct tape, zip ties, TSA compliant multitool, advil, small first aid kit, ear plugs, iPod, roll of antacid tablets, gum, pen, moleskine notebook

- bluetooth speaker for room

- small packing cube of chargers, cords, etc

- "admin" cube with reading material, snacks, more compete first aid kit, and other travel miscellany

-folder with all travel docs and info

-scanned copies of same, emailed to self

- binoculars

- sunglasses

- scrubba wash bag with soap and a travel clothes line

- fleece vest

- goretex jacket

Passport, credit cards/bank cards, she who must be obeyed, prescriptions, ipad.

That is a big list than can probably be trimmed.

Ian,

You better be thinking of leaving the iPad home because I don't see anything else on the list that wouldn't cause you more grief than it's worth!

'spin

A snap-valet-tray for each nightstand, to keep things from slipping into the slots. Like this:

7178mww-djL._SL1500_.jpg

I got DH's from Magellan and mine on eBay, but Amazon has many as well. Be sure to read the size and determine if that is snapped or flat size. Some are barely big enough for pocket change!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=snap+valet+tray&crid=3TNC75HVQZY9P&sprefix=snap+valet+%2Caps%2C215&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

We use a bowl from the buffet.

I few things I alway take on a cruise:

multi charger for all your plug ins

travel clock

over the door shoe holder , easy to locate all those smaller items in a hurry.

magnets with hooks, extra hanging space for hat, shirt, beach coverup, etc.(walls are magnetic- attach to wall)

magnets without hook, pin important papers, the ships daily patter, tickets, etc.

Large clips, to attach towels to balcony chairs when windy or drying bathing suits

suntan lotion

sun hat

flip flops for pool area

headphones for phone to listen to music or audible book.

a bag small enough to hold only phone , sail card and money (if you gamble lol) to put around neck or waist.

Edited by Missymo

We travel for two months at a time. Cruises are just one part. We depend on ours ipads since we make our plans as we go-2-5 days in advance. Use it to arrange accommodations, flights, transportation. We never use shipboard internet except on certain lines where we get so many minutes for free. Otherwise in port only.

But...if we I lost or forgot one I could easily make do. Either use DW's or buy a new one since mine is six years old.

Money.

A positive attitude.

Thirst.

My camera.

A couple pair of unders (turn em inside out and no one knows)

A notebook for keeping track of where I am and whom I am with (I forget much of that when I get home).

Jim

add my passport and that's all you need. All the stuff just takes up room in a suitcase.

Something I like to do on every trip (or any vacation) is to get a post card of the ship or destination. I write the ship and sailing dates & my travel partners. Then the fun part is writing a one or two word phrase of the different things that happen while on the trip. Things like “bingo win”, “bridge tour”, “ice cream mustaches “, Barb’s noisy neighbor”, etc ....later my husband & I review the postcards and the phrases remind us of things that happened that we had forgotten and we have great memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it!