MSC Stateroom Change

SamuelAviatron

Almost impossible after final payment. I attempted to make a change and the MSC rep stated the suite was not available even though it showed available when I tried booking on line. After 4 calls one representative said the room does show available but since I transferred the booking to a travel agent they have to contact MSC for the change. My travel agent made 4 calls on different days getting the response that the suite I wanted was not available. Not wanting to give up I tried one more time (and we all know how long you have to wait on line to speak to someone) the rep stated that the suite I wanted was for 4 people. She stated that the travel agent would have call MSC to modify the booking and add two additional passengers to get the room to show on the MSC side, and then take the two additional passengers off. My agent (first time I used this agency and she is the best) immediately called back and after 1.5 hours on hold got hung up on. Because of her diligence she attempted again and called back (only 45 minutes on hold this time) finally spoke to a rep who said the room I wanted could only be booked for 4 or more passengers and they would not add the two passengers to the booking and then remove them. As of today I can still go on line and book the and get the cabin I want as a new booking with only 2 passengers. Since final payment has been made I would have to cancel the original booking and take the penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had my TA do it. After final payment. She had to deal with being on hold forever with MSC "Customer Service." From all accounts, my experience in the Yacht Club will be wonderful. Dealing with MSC shoreside is absolute hell, however. It took me 3 days to add an internet package to my cabin. Could get it in the cart, just couldn't pay for it. Finally succeeded today by continuing to push random buttons.

• 1 year later...

First I know this thread is a year old but I used the search feature What is up with MSC’s shoreside customer service and the ridiculous hold times? I called a few days ago as I had to make a change on something that I entered incorrectly. Forty-five + minute wait. Now I need to do a few more things. Thirty minutes and counting. I have never had wait times like this with any other line. They obviously need to hire more personnel. 

16 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

First I know this thread is a year old but I used the search feature What is up with MSC’s shoreside customer service and the ridiculous hold times? I called a few days ago as I had to make a change on something that I entered incorrectly. Forty-five + minute wait. Now I need to do a few more things. Thirty minutes and counting. I have never had wait times like this with any other line. They obviously need to hire more personnel. 

Sounds frustrating. We do almost everything through a travel agent. I have called MSC twice to ask questions and got through within 2 minutes both times. Are you in the USA and what time are you calling? 

"They obviously need to hire more personnel."

No, because then they'll have to raise prices and I'm cheap! 😆

Edited by DCGuy64
Adding another sentence

20 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I was on hold yesterday for 90 minutes before giving up.  I spoke to a human in the first 5 minutes, then was transferred to the correct department, only to listen to their horrible hold music for the next 85 minutes.  I called back this morning before 9:30 AM and got right through.  All the people I've actually spoken to there have been nice--it just seems they don't have enough of them.  And their computers are always slllloooowww......

5 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Sounds frustrating. We do almost everything through a travel agent. I have called MSC twice to ask questions and got through within 2 minutes both times. Are you in the USA and what time are you calling? 

"They obviously need to hire more personnel."

No, because then they'll have to raise prices and I'm cheap! 😆

Yes I’m on the west coast. I have called both my times around 6:00 EST. For me it should not matter the time off day. I was on hold one hour and six minutes yesterday before someone finally answered. Totally unacceptable to make guests wait that long on hold. I’m patient but not that patient. Hopefully as they grow upper management will look at the need to add more people. I would have hated to have been dealing with MSC when Dorian was an issue. 

Yes I’m on the west coast. I have called both my times around 6:00 EST. For me it should not matter the time off day. I was on hold one hour and six minutes yesterday before someone finally answered. Totally unacceptable to make guests wait that long on hold. I’m patient but not that patient. Hopefully as they grow upper management will look at the need to add more people. I would have hated to have been dealing with MSC when Dorian was an issue. 

The 2 times I’ve called it was no problem, I was just asking about beverage packages so it was really quick. I’ve heard other posters on CC suggest calling early in the morning when MSC first opens and they seem to have more success that way. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I tried to change a cabin yachtclub leaving Marseille. From Genoa there were 6 cabins availablep, the wanted 4500 au dollars per person extra for same category, 1 day less.  17 days instead of 18Their customer service is just dimal, called several times, alk the say is different contingent,  should be able to overwrite their computer system to provide customer service like Princess, the position theiryachtclub as special and customer focused, but on the phone treat customers as if they bought a discount inside cabin. 

2 hours ago, Kangap said:

I tried to change a cabin yachtclub leaving Marseille. From Genoa there were 6 cabins availablep, the wanted 4500 au dollars per person extra for same category, 1 day less.  17 days instead of 18Their customer service is just dimal, called several times, alk the say is different contingent,  should be able to overwrite their computer system to provide customer service like Princess, the position theiryachtclub as special and customer focused, but on the phone treat customers as if they bought a discount inside cabin. 

There are differences in Yacht Club Deluxe Suite (category YC1) when it comes to occupancy. Some YC1 cabins have 2 person occupancy and some YC1 cabins have a 3/4 person occupancy with a different sofa(bed). We could not change cabins last minute on our MSC Bellissima Baltic Sea Cruise since all available YC1 cabins were 3/4 person occupancy. Our request would have processed as cancellation and new booking under current conditions (higher price). We kept our cabin... there are no ‘bad’ cabins in the Yacht Club. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi thanks for clarifying that, MSC did not tell us, we wanted to move because of the neighbours   (which we don t want to be that close to) in the adjacent cabin with a connecting door.... Looks we are stuck... Thanks fo the advice. 

The problem arises because MSC (and Costa) board passengers in every port.  So those cabins available for Genoa were set aside for passengers doing the Genoa - Genoa cruise.  So booking from Marseille and trying to change to a Genoa cabin would be akin to canceling and rebooking, within a week of cruising which would mean losing the entire previous fare.  The same applies for cabins that seem to be 'available' when you board...They are probably booked for the next port, or the next...EM