20% Off today precruise - Error Message?

wendycook22

Try calling again. Sometimes the agent is misinformed....or indeed it may be full.

I left you a message on our Roll Call. I called Celebrity US and there are 18 spots left.

I called again, the booking for the shore ex was successfully done, Celebrity MX does not take payments via telephone, I fill a form, signed it with copy of passport and CC for the payment. Just receive the confirmation of my bank with the charge from Celebrity.

That is why I always pay close attention to pricing. It does say "up to 20% off". I saved 10.00 off my one excursions I booked today. It was 69.00 pp and I got it for 59.00 pp, I was happy with the savings. Some cruise lines don't even offer sales on excursions, so I am happy with anything I can get. :) A couple other excursions I booked on a previous sale of "up to 20% off" I received for a cheaper price than what they are offering on this sale. Our cruise is November 10 2018 sailing on the Summit.

What I’m trying to say is there was no price reduction, none whatsoever, from last week, the week before or the week before that on my particular cruise. I take screenshots. So I’m not confused. There has been a zero percent price change, yet the red banner indicates up to 20% off on the excursion for my cruise.

It’s wonderful for those getting a reduction, but’s it’s false claims when you have the 20% banner acrosss the excursions and there is literally no price reduction. Very shady.

Edited by Cachecara

Clicked the link, brought me to my account, clicked to see the beverage package upgrade, got a message saying due to privacy concerns my account would be locked for 20 minutes.

Called and upgraded my drink package, call took 5 minutes. Shame the website sucks so bad.

What I’m trying to say is there was no price reduction, none whatsoever, from last week, the week before or the week before that on my particular cruise. I take screenshots. So I’m not confused. There has been a zero percent price change, yet the red banner indicates up to 20% off on the excursion for my cruise.

It’s wonderful for those getting a reduction, but’s it’s false claims when you have the 20% banner acrosss the excursions and there is literally no price reduction. Very shady.

I was certainly not suggesting that you were in any way confused about the pricing. The banner however says

UP TO 20% off which indicates that the most that would be discounted is 20% and that some things would be less or not on sale at all. It's like a store window that says UP TO 20% off...it doesn't say 20% off everything storewide. So, it's not shady IMO, but a case of some folks not reading the banner.

I was certainly not suggesting that you were in any way confused about the pricing. The banner however says

UP TO 20% off which indicates that the most that would be discounted is 20% and that some things would be less or not on sale at all. It's like a store window that says UP TO 20% off...it doesn't say 20% off everything storewide. So, it's not shady IMO, but a case of some folks not reading the banner.

The banner was listed ON each excursion separately. Yes, it’s states up to 20%, but nothing was discounted. Nada. That was the issue. So it was not apparent anything had changed pricewise.

I called Celebrity about it and they apologized and are equally confused.

Apparently, the prices listed on my excursions are discounted, but for whatever reason were discounted prior to today. Like I mentioned, celebrity looked into it tonight and could not come up with any answers. That is why it appeared to me nothing had been discounted. The prices I have listed are actually discounted, however they have been discounted for awhile and should not have been until today. So there is an issue, just no answers.

The reason I was concerned at all was not for an excursion discount. I realize the website gets squirrelly and wondered if perhaps the drink package was discounted and I was not seeing a reflective discount. Unfortunately, not.

Edited by Cachecara

I was getting the same error message earlier. I've just tried again and was able to complete the checkout process ok.

Hi

I see that you are in the UK.

We received the email but there isn't an option on cruise planner to upgrade (we already have the classic package) only to pay the full price for the premium package. The prices are in GBP.

There are also no offers showing for dining, beverages etc other than 30% off Murano on day 1 of the cruise.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you.

Hi

I see that you are in the UK.

We received the email but there isn't an option on cruise planner to upgrade (we already have the classic package) only to pay the full price for the premium package. The prices are in GBP.

There are also no offers showing for dining, beverages etc other than 30% off Murano on day 1 of the cruise.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you.

Not everything is reduced, and not everything on particular sailings are reduced. The upgrade for classic to premium is showing reduced in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruise.

The only reduced dining in this sale that I have seen mentioned is 2 dinners and a lunch for $100pp. That is available in my planner but I don't see that as any better than 3 dinners for $109 as lunch is usually cheaper anyway.

Not everything is reduced, and not everything on particular sailings are reduced. The upgrade for classic to premium is showing reduced in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruise.

The only reduced dining in this sale that I have seen mentioned is 2 dinners and a lunch for $100pp. That is available in my planner but I don't see that as any better than 3 dinners for $109 as lunch is usually cheaper anyway.

Thank you.

Yes, the $100 dining offer was in the email but not on the cruise planner.

Do you see prices in USD as ours are in GBP?

I am scared to ask...has anyone ever tried to get the price adjustment on already booked excursions? This is my first experience with Celebrity...on other lines I just call and rebook. Yesterday I had to email the accessible excursions department, we booked through them...no way to talk to them unless they call you back. They do not have a user friendly system. I am hoping this is the only "glitch". I have everything "time-stamped" to show when I contacted them and when I got the "scanned" response . Two of the three excursions we booked are on the 20% list...so lets hope!!!

I am scared to ask...has anyone ever tried to get the price adjustment on already booked excursions? This is my first experience with Celebrity...on other lines I just call and rebook. Yesterday I had to email the accessible excursions department, we booked through them...no way to talk to them unless they call you back. They do not have a user friendly system. I am hoping this is the only "glitch". I have everything "time-stamped" to show when I contacted them and when I got the "scanned" response . Two of the three excursions we booked are on the 20% list...so lets hope!!!

I cancelled and re-booked my one excursion yesterday. I didn't have a hassle. I have many times in the past as well. That being said in the past i just did it all through the cruise planner online, but yesterday i had to call to re-book due to the website glitch. They shouldn't give you a hard time as technically you could do it yourself via the cruise planner :)

I just called the 1-800-647-2251 listed on top of the cruise planned and they helped me out.

I cancelled and re-booked my one excursion yesterday. I didn't have a hassle. I have many times in the past as well. That being said in the past i just did it all through the cruise planner online, but yesterday i had to call to re-book due to the website glitch. They shouldn't give you a hard time as technically you could do it yourself via the cruise planner :)

I just called the 1-800-647-2251 listed on top of the cruise planned and they helped me out.

Because we are taking a wheelchair I have to use the accessible department in order to insure there is room for it. : - ( I did try that number first and they told me they could not help because it was originally booked through the accessible department...and there is not number to give me that I could only do it through e-mail...which is how I had to book in the first place. I guess they want it all in writing to insure they get it correct on their end.

I have to update to my post #36!! I am pleasantly surprised!! Just got an email saying the price adjustments were take care of. They canx the original excursions and re-booked with the discounted price. So yeah Celebrity accessible department!!!! They did not even call me ... they just took care of it!!!

I have the message at check out Error 405: Request method 'GET' not supported

I called my Celebrity vacation planner, Ryan. I purchased the upgrade for me and saved about $30 for the March 15th cruise. He laughed when I told him I could complete the transaction myself and told me to just call him when I want to buy anything.

I called my Celebrity vacation planner, Ryan. I purchased the upgrade for me and saved about $30 for the March 15th cruise. He laughed when I told him I could complete the transaction myself and told me to just call him when I want to buy anything.

I just spoke to a “Ryan”, I couldn’t see where I could do the upgrade online (wasn’t available to add to the cart-jet a banner advertising the sale). Hated to waste his time for something that should be doable online but he was able to use my OBC to get it done.

I asked my person directly today, when purchasing the internet package..."does it make a different if I complete the sale or if you do" since I had it up on my screen? She told me, if she does it she gets points for the sale...although it is not commission the more points they get the better shifts the get. So that may explain that...lol

I asked my person directly today, when purchasing the internet package..."does it make a different if I complete the sale or if you do" since I had it up on my screen? She told me, if she does it she gets points for the sale...although it is not commission the more points they get the better shifts the get. So that may explain that...lol

That's fine with me. When we returned from our last cruise, there was an email from Ryan W saying he was our Celebrity Vacation Planner. He also followed up with a phone call. I called him when I was ready to book this cruise. He found a few little discounts that I wouldn't have found. Nothing major, but so far I like him a lot.