Piano Bar

craigtompkins

The piano bars on some Carnival ships are so much more fun than others.

On our Carnival Fantasy it was actually boring.

On the other hand ours on Carnival Glory was very fun!

Some are excellent entertainers and sadly others are just boring.

Can go from filled room to nobody in there

The bigger newer ships tend to have the best ones.

That hasn’t been my experience, at least recently. The best piano player I have heard recently was Mark on Victory, while the worst one I have heard in awhile was Elizabeth on Vista. We spent part of every night on Victory in the piano bar because of Mark, but only spent one night in the piano bar on Vista. Elizabeth was not a bad singer, but she never played even close to an entire song. She spent most of her time saying hi and bye to people as they entered and left the piano bar. It was entertaining at first, but got old pretty fast.

That hasn’t been my experience, at least recently. The best piano player I have heard recently was Matt on Victory, while the worst one I have heard in awhile was Elizabeth on Vista. We spent part of every night on Victory in the piano bar because of Matt, but only spent one night in the piano bar on Vista. Elizabeth was not a bad singer, but she never played even close to an entire song. She spent most of her time saying hi and bye to people as they entered and left the piano bar. It was entertaining at first, but got old pretty fast.

There used to be a list of the piano bar players and ships, have not seen it in a while. You could tell the really good one by the comments....

My favorite is Ben Gentry......it's not that he has a lovely voice, he's just an all-around fantastic entertainer. I am part of a group cruising in January 19 2019 on the Breeze and we will have four entertainers, Patrick Duffy, Ben Gentry, Christine Hetfield, and Marty Gast (who is no longer working with Carnival). There's still a few cabins available!

• 4 months later...

We had an entertainer we really liked on the Liberty in 2014 named Jeremy Ray Borders. He is back and now on the Liberty again so we just went and enjoyed him once again. He is an entertainer similar to Ben Gentry, not just a boring singer or a beggar for tips, which I hate. Some I have been with won't play for you unless you tip.(we do tip but since you don't carry money onboard we tip the last night a larger sum for the week) He leaves the Liberty 2/10/19 but will be out of Galveston on the Valor from 3/6/19--4/2/19 if you are looking to book there.  I believe he was working on getting a third contract also. You can find him on FB for updates and I would recommend him.

Edited by FloridaGram

• 2 months later...

We loved "Old MacDonald Had a F**** Farm" wen we traveled with Patrick Duffy.  We still laugh about it.  We also loved Barry M.  He was our first piano man and still think he was great.  Cant wait til Feb 2020 and see who will be our "Piano Man"

• Haha 1

We had a piano player we enjoyed twice in a row. Then, he changed. Wouldn't play requests without $$, and if it was a big song, it needed $$$$. Another time the player lost his voice, or so I thought. I asked him how long ago he lost it and he said, "no, it's permanent."

You hire a piano player who can't sing?

On 9/13/2018 at 9:56 AM, LibratPDX said:

Yes but it's on a social media site. The group is called CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES PIANO BAR-BARIANS :)

I belong to this!  BEST cruise I've ever taken.  I'm booked for another Bar-Barians cruise Aug. 31 - Sept. 5th.  FYI. 

30 minutes ago, nellab said:

We loved "Old MacDonald Had a F**** Farm" wen we traveled with Patrick Duffy.  We still laugh about it.  We also loved Barry M.  He was our first piano man and still think he was great.  Cant wait til Feb 2020 and see who will be our "Piano Man"

I'm sailing with Patrick and other PBE (Piano Bar Entertainers) this coming August!  SO much fun.