I got a 20% off to upgrade from classic to premium drink package...

dis2cruise

I am from the UK, should I buy this now with 20% off (but plus VAT?) or wait till international waters to upgrade?

Also I have a classic drinks package included with cruise deal - I take it I can phone them and ask to pay the difference less the 20% offer?

Appreciate any advice.

I am from the UK, should I buy this now with 20% off (but plus VAT?) or wait till international waters to upgrade?

Also I have a classic drinks package included with cruise deal - I take it I can phone them and ask to pay the difference less the 20% offer?

Appreciate any advice.

Logged in and looked at sale items but this offer wasn't there, I take it I am not eligible or still worth a phone call? The only dining offer was a discounted package on 3 speciality restaurants - 2 dinners, 1 lunch.

We received an email and so logged in to the cruise planner. Got all the way through the booking process but it kept failing on the last step. Phoned Celebrity and got 20% off the price to upgrade classic to premium. Paid £150pp for a 12 night cruise so it was like not having to pay the gratuity. We worked it out to be same as 20% off upgrading onboard (the largest discount we've experienced or heard off) or cheaper than get 12 days if upgrade for the price of 11.

Other friends didn't get the email or have the 20% discount banner in the website, so phoned Celebrity and managed to wrangle the same price.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Forums mobile app

EXCURSIONS ON SALE?

I received the email as well, which included a sale on some shore excursions as well. But when I clicked on the link, I didn’t see ANY shore excursions on sale. The last time they ran a similar sale the discounted excursions were prominently marked and i was able to cancel an existing booking and rebook at the sale price.

Has anyone else come across this? (Sailing on 4/1 on the Reflection 11 night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I would prefer some of the stuff on the premium, I'm just fine enjoying the brands on Classic and avoiding the extra charges. That said, I do see a few beers on the premium I'd prefer. I don't drink a ton of beer but if I wanted a couple that were not included, anyone know what the typical upcharge/price difference would be? Like if I wanted an IPA on the classic package...

In the past, Rebel IPA has been included. Beyond that they have various upcharges depending on the beer. Not likely high enough to upgrade for.

In the past, Rebel IPA has been included. Beyond that they have various upcharges depending on the beer. Not likely high enough to upgrade for.

Covers up to $9. I'm thinking, how freaking expensive is beer on celebrity? Lol. But yeah, a few craft stuff isn't included. Must be only a buck or two extra I'm thinking. But it's funny you can get Bacardi mixed drinks but not a volume iPa.

Covers up to $9. I'm thinking, how freaking expensive is beer on celebrity? Lol. But yeah, a few craft stuff isn't included. Must be only a buck or two extra I'm thinking. But it's funny you can get Bacardi mixed drinks but not a volume iPa.

Ya it's clearly all about how they can best align the drinks to motivate an up-sell. They make sure there is always something just out of reach (ie more $) in every scenario.

I upgraded to Premium this time, first time for me and really looking forward to it. Might be the only time I do since the 'pay the difference' change may take the overthinking part away for me when having the classic. I am more a beer drinker and looking forward to wider selection and being able to order some of the drinks that have appealed more to me in the past ... shaken daiquiri here I come!

Logged in and looked at sale items but this offer wasn't there, I take it I am not eligible or still worth a phone call? The only dining offer was a discounted package on 3 speciality restaurants - 2 dinners, 1 lunch.

Same here...no where to add to the online shopping cart. I added a shore excursion no problem. So I just called and got it done using some remaining OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I missed it I went back through everything what is it to upgrade from the classic to the premium was it 10 or $11 per day plus tax?Travel agent just said he played it yesterday and it was $92.51 pp extra upgrade from the classic to the premium on a seven day cruise? Call Celebrity it seems like it should have been less than that with 20% off the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry if I missed it I went back through everything what is it to upgrade from the classic to the premium was it 10 or $11 per day plus tax?Travel agent just said he played it yesterday and it was $92.51 pp extra upgrade from the classic to the premium on a seven day cruise? Call Celebrity it seems like it should have been less than that with 20% off the upgrade?

I just called to get the 20% off for our 7 day cruise, if we already have the standard package and it is $14 more for the premium (14x7days)=$98 more pp, or 78.40pp with the 20% off, why are they charging $192 for the upgrade ?

No they are charging us $92.51 per person for the seven days upgrade it didn’t sound right to me I’ll probably have to call today

Just a reminder that there is a 18% gratuity.

So, 14 x 1.18 x 7 = 115.64

115.64 x 0.8 (20% discount) = $92.51