Canc

landfarm

We have insurance for a cruise leaving September 18th. My parents live in New Bern, NC and are really struggling with Hurricane Florence. We are going on the cruise together, but did not book together. Can we cancel under our family not being able to go, when we did not book it through the same agency? Thanks everyone for any guidance!

We have insurance for a cruise leaving September 18th. My parents live in New Bern, NC and are really struggling with Hurricane Florence. We are going on the cruise together, but did not book together. Can we cancel under our family not being able to go, when we did not book it through the same agency? Thanks everyone for any guidance!

You need to call the cruise line...agency is irrelevant. Normally there is little possibility of a refund credit, but the nature of the problem may make a difference.

I hope you have insurance.

Who is the insurance through - if it is Princess insurance, I would call the number on Page 2 (1-877-846-8833):

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf

I hope everything works out for you and your parents. It shouldn't matter if you booked through different agencies. If you booked with a different insurance policy, call them.

Call them.

Did you buy insurance that included cancel for any reason? If you didn't, the fact that your parents can't go and that you were booked and traveling independently from each other will most likely not be covered if you cancel.

Call the insurance company, but be prepared to be cruising by yourselves.

If an immediate family member on the same cruise has to cancel for a covered reason, usually you would be considered cancelling for a covered reason as well. It should not matter that you are under different booking numbers. But if your parents have one insurance provider and you have another my guess is that you would first have to prove covered reason to your parents provider then forward that information to yours--and hope they interpret it the same way. You would have to cancel within the deadline of your policy then play a waiting game to see if you will be reimbursed or not.

So your first step would have to be to contact your insurer to make certain your policy does cover you for disasters involving your immediate family but not yourself. If not as noted above you may find yourself cruising alone.