Current Cruise Directors

penny49

Thanks for the info, Copper. We leave for 42 days on the Westerdam from Vancouver. Do you know who our captain and CD will be on the ship???

Capt. Mark Rowden

CD Andrew Knox

The mate was a mighty sailin’ man,

The Skipper brave and sure,

Five passengers set sail that day,

For a three hour tour

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

Does anyone know who the Cruise Director will be on the 50-day Amazon cruise, Veendam, 2/4/2019?  

Also, does anyone know if Keri (C.D.) and Ben (Assistant C.D.) are still working with HAL, and if so, how can I find out what sailings they are working?  

Thank you very much!
Joel 

2 hours ago, GHCruiser7 said:

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

Does anyone know who the Cruise Director will be on the 50-day Amazon cruise, Veendam, 2/4/2019?  

Also, does anyone know if Keri (C.D.) and Ben (Assistant C.D.) are still working with HAL, and if so, how can I find out what sailings they are working?  

Thank you very much!
Joel 

Dear Joel, if you mean Ben Yates, Ben is in the meantime Cruise Director.

Last summer we met him on Koningsdam.

Together with Koen van Eerdenburg (ass.CD) a TOP team!

Both are made for this job! (Koen also has the skills to be a CD)

We hope to meet them this summer on the New Statendam to St. Petersburg.

22 minutes ago, Sylt said:

Dear Joel, if you mean Ben Yates, Ben is in the meantime Cruise Director.

Last summer we met him on Koningsdam.

Together with Koen van Eerdenburg (ass.CD) a TOP team!

Both are made for this job! (Koen also has the skills to be a CD)

We hope to meet them this summer on the New Statendam to St. Petersburg.

I think it was a different Ben.  He was Asst. Cruise Director on Veendam in the Mediterranean from 10/20/17 to 12/08/2017.  Keri was the Cruise Director and I think that they were engaged - I think, I think, I think.  We REALLY liked them a lot.

24 minutes ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Ross was the CD on our 1/13 to 1/20 NS cruise. We had a nice chat with him at the Lido "meet the officers" shindig. We'd see him all over the ship....All was great.

Remain Calm and Cruise On.....

We will be on the 3/10 to 3/17 NS sailing, so I hope he will still be on

25 minutes ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Ross was the CD on our 1/13 to 1/20 NS cruise. We had a nice chat with him at the Lido "meet the officers" shindig. We'd see him all over the ship....All was great.

Remain Calm and Cruise On.....

We will be on the 3/10 to 3/17 NS sailing, so I hope he will still be on

5 minutes ago, frankc98376 said:

Question for Copper.  What was the onboard Marketing Manager's name on OSDM Oct 2017. She was great and can't remember her name. She was I believe engaged or married to an officer. 

Evenin' Frank; her (the MOM's) name is Tunde, a very nice lady from Romania, and she is the wife of Oostie's Capt. Michiel Willems

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Should be Ross McTaggart currently

Thanks. I found Ben on Linkedin and FB and messaged him but who knows if he'll get back to me. I thought he did an excellent job, especially considering it was his first contract (although I wondered why they'd put someone so inexperienced on their newest ship). His wife was one of the singers, who apparently was going to lose her job when the singers & dancers were given the boot at the end of the year.

BTW do HAL CD's still have to wear the standard grey suits and not tell jokes? We always joked with Ben about his fancy socks, which was the only non-standard thing he was allowed to wear.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Thanks. I found Ben on Linkedin and FB and messaged him but who knows if he'll get back to me. I thought he did an excellent job, especially considering it was his first contract (although I wondered why they'd put someone so inexperienced on their newest ship). His wife was one of the singers, who apparently was going to lose her job when the singers & dancers were given the boot at the end of the year.

BTW do HAL CD's still have to wear the standard grey suits and not tell jokes? We always joked with Ben about his fancy socks, which was the only non-standard thing he was allowed to wear.

Yup; they still wear the gray suits with orange ties; dunno about jokes or not

5 hours ago, CDP Cruiser said:

Boarding on the Zaandam in 2 weeks!!! Any idea who the cruise director is? And the Dining Room Manager? We had Hadi Abraham as our Dining Room Manager for many years and he was wonderful! I’m wondering if we will run into him again...

Zaandam:

CD Antoine Carillo Lopez

DRM Ketut Johny Athena Frederix aka "Johny"

14 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yup; they still wear the gray suits with orange ties; dunno about jokes or not

And, after several cruises, we still have not seen one that actually fits properly.  They all look awful, very cheap and ill-fitting.  The ladies' gray dresses are a bit better but not much.  They should at least on gala nights allow then to wear their own clothes.   

18 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

And, after several cruises, we still have not seen one that actually fits properly.  They all look awful, very cheap and ill-fitting.  The ladies' gray dresses are a bit better but not much.  They should at least on gala nights allow then to wear their own clothes.   

They used to wear tuxes when HAL had formal nights :classic_wink: 

20 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

When we were on Kdam last year Ben said he had just bought a bunch of new suits and wasn't happy about not being able to wear them. I don't really understand why they did it. Do people really want a standardized look in their CD's? Who cares other than corporate?