Current Cruise Directors

penny49

13 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

And, after several cruises, we still have not seen one that actually fits properly.  They all look awful, very cheap and ill-fitting.  The ladies' gray dresses are a bit better but not much.  They should at least on gala nights allow then to wear their own clothes.   

On the Prinsendam earlier this year, the CD and the two assistant CDs were all female.  They wore their own formal wear on Gala Nights.

54 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

On the Prinsendam earlier this year, the CD and the two assistant CDs were all female.  They wore their own formal wear on Gala Nights.

Yeah, that happened on Eurodam's 2018-2019 New Year's cruise with Christine S also

7 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yeah, that happened on Eurodam's 2018-2019 New Year's cruise with Christine S also

Yes, we have had Christine twice since the intro of the "gray" funeral outfits and she does do her own thing on gala nights.  We believe others should do the same. The women can accessorize but the men look ridiculous in those suits.  The waiters look better than the Cruise Director LOL

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, taxmantoo said:

Yes, we have had Christine twice since the intro of the "gray" funeral outfits and she does do her own thing on gala nights.  We believe others should do the same. The women can accessorize but the men look ridiculous in those suits.  The waiters look better than the Cruise Director LOL

We did the 28 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti last month with Christine as CD and Michaela as the ACD.  They both wore their own clothes.  We were so impressed with Michaela!  She is mature beyond her years in interacting with guests.  She expressed great interest in all of the people who showed up to play trivia -- spending time talking with all those who wanted to chat with her after the game was over.  Hope she is made CD soon!

• 7 months later...
31 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Looks like Ben Yates is now a Maserati salesman in Scranton, PA.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjamin-j-yates-97499671/

Does anyone know who the CD is on Koningsdam? Or doesn't it matter anymore since all they do is trivia and introducing the acts at the theater (where there is a show)?

K-dam's current Cruise & Travel Director is a nice Dutch young lady by the name of Karlijn Verpalen

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Towanna Stone

Her Facebook profile says "former cruise director at Holland America"  have you seen her recently?

From December 19th:

Hello everyone! I am reaching out to let my friends know I resigned as Cruise and Travel Director with Holland America Line. I have met some incredible people during my 4 years with the company and I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to them.

Edited by VTcruisenut
forgot something

1 hour ago, VTcruisenut said:

Her Facebook profile says "former cruise director at Holland America"  have you seen her recently?

From December 19th:

Hello everyone! I am reaching out to let my friends know I resigned as Cruise and Travel Director with Holland America Line. I have met some incredible people during my 4 years with the company and I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to them.

Then your guess is as good as mine as to who your C&TD will be. These assignments are always subject to change

36 minutes ago, leerathje said:

We were on the Koningdam for 9 days last Janaury....she was our EXC guide then.

Just off Koningsdam. She was OK as an MC and did a good job on the talks. However, I realized after the fact that she didn't actually write them, she was just presenting someone else's work (which I guess is why she didn't take any questions).

I really liked the activity manager, Emily.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Really nice guy! His wife is a manager onboard marketing

He is a nice guy, as is his wife.  My husband and I were invited for dinner at the Captain's Table for my 50th birthday several years ago and we enjoyed our time with them.  We will be back on the Oosterdam in April/May 2020 for two weeks.  I hope he is the Captain then as well.

29 minutes ago, CORealtor said:

He is a nice guy, as is his wife.  My husband and I were invited for dinner at the Captain's Table for my 50th birthday several years ago and we enjoyed our time with them.  We will be back on the Oosterdam in April/May 2020 for two weeks.  I hope he is the Captain then as well.

Captain Willems is back on Oostie from early Mar until early Jun so you will see/hear him again. Enjoy that cruise!

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Captain Willems is back on Oostie from early Mar until early Jun so you will see/hear him again. Enjoy that cruise!

Great!  Thank you for the info.  We look forward to seeing/hearing him again.  Is his wife on as well, do you know?