Show Me Your ALCHEMY Drinks!

noidea389

12 hours ago, Scooby419 said:

We just got off on the Magic right before Christmas. Nathan, Ravi, and Natalya were the bartenders while we were on the ship. They were absolutely amazing!! By the 3rd day, all it took was us walking within eyesight of the Alchemy and a simple nod from Nathan to get the drinks flowing! I bet 90% of our drinks came from that bar and I think only 2 of them were actually from the menu. I wish we would have taken pictures of all the impressive creations they made for us! Always strong, and always delicious! I think Nathan only had a few more months left on his contract, but if he is still there, please tell him Scott and Michelle said hi! ... and tell him you want to try the drink that tastes like an Almond Joy lol

Thanks so much - will be getting the almond joy along with the rest of the drinks!!

35 minutes ago, bmci3398 said:

What is this Alchemy Bar of which you speak?! Do you just walk in and they make any concoction you want? Is it part of the Cheers package? If not, how much do the drinks run? Sounds amazing!

It's on deck 5 of most off the ships I've been on and yes it is included in the Cheers package.  Do a Google search for Alchemy Bar menu and you'll see what they offer.  I've not had them make anything not on the menu, but it seems like many of them will.

Alchemy Bar (deck 5) menu.jpg

2 hours ago, bmci3398 said:

What is this Alchemy Bar of which you speak?! Do you just walk in and they make any concoction you want? Is it part of the Cheers package? If not, how much do the drinks run? Sounds amazing!

There’s a menu. The better bartenders will make you custom drinks. I go up and say I want a banana drink and I get a drink that tastes like a banana split. I ask for a blueberry drink and I get a drink that tastes like blueberry pie...etc.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, Bengalbug said:

Absinth was an interesting choice!

1956DF80-428D-4E0A-B5F5-8A4557A0EE9D.jpeg

I might have to try that even though I have a bottle of absinthe I refuse to drink because I hate the taste. What else is in it?

I can't wait to get my old fashioned!

12 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I might have to try that even though I have a bottle of absinthe I refuse to drink because I hate the taste. What else is in it?

Sugar and water, it’s a sugar cube with water poured over it.  It’s the traditional way.  It was neat to try once.  

And I believe I tried 70 different old fashions on my last cruise!  

Going on on another cruise in April, but not alchemy bar.  It’s probably ok considering it’s my bachelor party.  

Edited by Bengalbug

On 1/3/2019 at 4:21 PM, mom2tcdx2 said:

We enjoyed the Alchemy Bar on a previous cruise on the Pride.  Though the mixologist was quite arrogant.  He wouldn't make anything off the menu and I am all for making up drinks and surprising me.  Problem was he made one I enjoyed a lot, next day he couldn't remember what it was and he wouldn't tell me a name.  He also said he liked to use an ingredient passengers stated they disliked in their drink to prove to them that they did like it.  He made me one topped with a tad of champagne which I don't care for and alas I didn't like the drink he made either.  Kept trying to get the one he made the first day, I think around day 5 he finally remembered what he made.  When on the Triumph the person there really didn't get very creative.  I greatly enjoy being able to just have a bartender make something at their whim so that I can learn new drinks.  

I think I dealt with the same mixologist on our first Pride cruise.  We did the sampler and when I would ask questions about some of the drinks he really didn't want to give any information.  Wasn't helpful about making off menu drinks either.  Some of the samples were ok, but nothing was really "wow" like they seem on the boards, so we never went back.

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I think there are different types of absinthe (some with wormwood and some without).  I don't know if that would affect the taste.  I don't like fennel or anise either though, which would still be in either type.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Imagination Mixologist's creations:

Order: "Fruity, not too sweet with vodka" A watermelon with cinnamon creation by Samael

Order: "Fruity, not too sweet with vodka and berries" Muddled black and raspberries and magic creation by Samael

Order: "Fruity, not too sweet with vodka" creation by Jorge

Order(Not pictured, but was orange in color with an orange slice garnish): Spicy Mango syrup. I think it had St. Germaine in it. 

This was a "chillada". Lemon on the inside of the glass then sprinkled with Tajin. Layers of cucumber peel. I have no idea what went into it. Made by Samael. 

Order: "Coconut and vodka" I saw rumchata go into it. Garnished with gummy bears and cinnamon. (Gummy bears were because I was dressed in a Grumpy Bear onesie for 2 nights). By Samael

Order: "Passionfruit syrup" Passionfruit syrup, St. Germaine and chamapgne with orange peel and the best cherries on earth. BySamael

These were made by one of the ladies there. Not Ludja, the other Serbian mixologist. They were for some of the crew. Guava bottom, apple pucker, champagne. SO pretty!

No clue what this one was, but it was pretty.

Order: "Something with ALL of the cherries in it" I called it the "Grumpy Bear Snowcone" Cherries and vodka were in it. I think there was something citrus in there too. Made by Jorge 

I asked for a whole glass of just the filty black cherries and was denied. I'm sure if I had asked for a shot glas of them they would have obliged!LOL

Not pictured, but stay away from the Perfect Storm. To us, we said it was like a Strawberry Daquari got left next to a campfire. Unless you like that. The other drinks on menu were all very good. I ordered all off menu, so I have no pictures of the on menu drinks. 

My kids both had alchemy creations. So much better tasting than the sugar laden virgin pina coladas, etc. One got a pomegrante and blueberry creation and the other muddled berries.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

On 1/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, bmci3398 said:

Yes it's covered under cheers, I would say the drinks are about $12. If you are looking to get your money worth, this is absolutely the place to go. The drinks are fresh, high quality, and something you would find off of a drink menu when out to dinner at home. Don't get me wrong, we grab drinks all across the ship, but in the evenings we always get at least 2 drinks here each night.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Saint Greg said:

af71b3d5ba3c1ec175c04ff7cee8b60c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This picture will cost me many $1000.  Only place I know to get this drink is at The Alchemy Bar.  Guess I will have to book another cruise.  Woe is me.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:03 PM, noidea389 said:

We LOVE Alchemy! This is typically where we hang out in the evenings and have met some of the most amazing friends! On our last Carnival cruise, we had the kiddos, so this mama didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked. HOWEVER.... come February, Alchemy will be where it's at! With that being said... please show me your favorite Alchemy beverage. Doesn't have to be something off the menu, because we all know how absolutely wonderful those Alchemy bartenders are... excuse me... mixologists.

Saint Greg has a great trip report with tons of alchemy pics. Kudo's to him for posting!

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Scooby419 said:

We just got off on the Magic right before Christmas. Nathan, Ravi, and Natalya were the bartenders while we were on the ship. They were absolutely amazing!! By the 3rd day, all it took was us walking within eyesight of the Alchemy and a simple nod from Nathan to get the drinks flowing! I bet 90% of our drinks came from that bar and I think only 2 of them were actually from the menu. I wish we would have taken pictures of all the impressive creations they made for us! Always strong, and always delicious! I think Nathan only had a few more months left on his contract, but if he is still there, please tell him Scott and Michelle said hi! ... and tell him you want to try the drink that tastes like an Almond Joy lol

OMG a drink that tastes like Almond Joy.....😍 I gotta remember this next cruise!

On 9/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, Stick93 said:

Someone pleeeze tell me what is in the blueberry pie!!?????!!?? 

AnnaMaria is excellent - as good as it gets at the alchemy bar. Made amazing raspberry/blackberry and blueberry martinis. Don’t think you will have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the Alchemy looked a little cliquey and the bar always full last week. I finally saw a stool on Day 4 and asked the bartender if he could make me a Harvey Wallbanger. He never heard of it. It has been around a long time and I get it on NCL easily. Maybe not all their barkeeps are so super.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

I thought the Alchemy looked a little cliquey and the bar always full last week. I finally saw a stool on Day 4 and asked the bartender if he could make me a Harvey Wallbanger. He never heard of it. It has been around a long time and I get it on NCL easily. Maybe not all their barkeeps are so super.

Did you tell him/her what was in the drink?  Surely they could have made it.  

They are great mixeoligiests 

I did. Vodka, orange juice and Galliano. He said they had no Galliano. Just surprised that supposedly great mixologists never even heard of it. No biggie as the Red Frog Rum Bar satisfied my cravings with their rum drinks and draft beer!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

I did. Vodka, orange juice and Galliano. He said they had no Galliano. Just surprised that supposedly great mixologists never even heard of it. No biggie as the Red Frog Rum Bar satisfied my cravings with their rum drinks and draft beer!

Galliano went out of style over 30 years ago, when many of the Alchemy mixologists were still a gleam in their father's eye.  If you want a great modern drink concocted with fresh fruit, then the Alchemy is the place to go.  But the bartenders that stick to the menu satisfied your basic rum drink and draft beer needs at the Red Frog.  Just like there is a difference between eating and dining, the same holds true as to where your alcoholic needs can be fulfilled on many Carnival ships.  The Alchemy is where you go to dine, drinking wise.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, Saint Greg said:

I had a lot of alchemy drinks on this last cruise. My favorite was this blueberry pie drink.

73af0adf9ce8eb8ebdfe8128042cd85f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I googled a recipe or two for this lol went and got the stuff last night. Will give it a try soon  some fall for a little bit of cream in it others don’t.  Looks like yours has the cream.  I didn’t get that.  Guess I will go to store tonight and get it now 

2 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

My son will be celebrating his 21st birthday on the Breeze this summer. I have a feeling he will be spending a lot of time in here! 

Just educate him to do shots at the tail end of the evening when he's getting close to the 15 drink limit.  If he starts doing beers and shots during the day, he could possibly hit his limit just after dinner, or even before.  A college age kid accustomed to heavy beer drinking can easily throw back six beers and six shots over six hours from 11-5.

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just educate him to do shots at the tail end of the evening when he's getting close to the 15 drink limit.  If he starts doing beers and shots during the day, he could possibly hit his limit just after dinner, or even before.  A college age kid accustomed to heavy beer drinking can easily throw back six beers and six shots over six hours from 11-5.

Yes, that is true! His father and he are getting Cheers... I’m in a cabin with his brothers and am  not... I’m not a drinker because I have migraines. I’m sure they will enjoy Cheers and the Alchemy bar... those drinks look delicious!

I had Svatava on Breeze last February and she created a drink for that I named the "Dirty Brunette" - they have flavored syrups and one was brown sugar.  I asked her to make me something sweet-ish with that syrup.  So she used Oakheart Spiced Rum, Sweet Vermouth and the brown sugar syrup.  She used 3 black cherries on a stick as the garnish.  It was DELISH!