Show Me Your ALCHEMY Drinks!

noidea389

AnnaMaria is excellent - as good as it gets at the alchemy bar. Made amazing raspberry/blackberry and blueberry martinis. Don’t think you will have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AnnaMaria and her crew was so good on our cruise that they started running out of fruits on day three of our 8 day journey. First raspberries, then blackberries, then blueberries, then strawberries. By day 5 the citrus fruits were the only fresh ones, and the berries were bottled.

AnnaMaria and her crew was so good on our cruise that they started running out of fruits on day three of our 8 day journey. First raspberries, then blackberries, then blueberries, then strawberries. By day 5 the citrus fruits were the only fresh ones, and the berries were bottled.

We learned on a past cruise that Alchemy will be the LAST place on the ship to run out of fresh fruit for drinks. The ship was running out of fruit, and our bartender said they were the last place on the ship that had strawberries and blackberries.

531d8cb96f1fb7262813db7267a7b1a8.jpg

Oh the memories. She gave me the recipe to this master drink. Yes she ran out of fresh berries quickly but still made these drinks improvising. Anyone in the Horizon make sure you stop by and get a drink made. They won’t leave sober!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 4:03 PM, noidea389 said:

We LOVE Alchemy! This is typically where we hang out in the evenings and have met some of the most amazing friends! On our last Carnival cruise, we had the kiddos, so this mama didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked . . . 

We will be experiencing  Alchemy Bar for the first time on our Glory Spring Break cruise, and I’m a little confused about this comment.  If I looked at the deck plans correctly, Alchemy Bar looked like it was just in the walkway on the Promenade Deck, not an actual separate bar.  I was hoping I could walk up and order, while my kids are walking around.  (Granted mine are teenagers, so not the same as cruisers with little ones.)

We sailed the Breeze and LOVED the Alchemy Bar.  We spent so much time there the mixologist asked us and 3 other of his regular groups if we wanted to take a class the last sea day before they opened.  He showed us how to make the drinks and we got to taste them. It was a blast, they should totally do this on all cruises.

For quicker service just tip and get to know your mixologists. They will keep you company, tell stories, make you special drinks to your taste. It is our favorite place to relax on a cruise. 

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

We will be experiencing  Alchemy Bar for the first time on our Glory Spring Break cruise, and I’m a little confused about this comment.  If I looked at the deck plans correctly, Alchemy Bar looked like it was just in the walkway on the Promenade Deck, not an actual separate bar.  I was hoping I could walk up and order, while my kids are walking around.  (Granted mine are teenagers, so not the same as cruisers with little ones.)

You are correct regarding the location.  I am assuming that noidea389 doesn't like to imbibe much when she cruises with her kids and that is why she made the comment that she made. She would go to Alchemy if her kids were not around so that she could "get her drink on."

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, blarko said:

Saint Greg.....I feel like I got drunk just looking at all of those drink pictures. Makes me want one (or two or ten) right now.

Yea, wish I knew the names of those drinks. They look good!

4 minutes ago, 5PUPS said:

None of those are on the menu. They were custom drinks made by the Alchemy Dream Team. I can tell you that first one Maria called Christmas in Hawaii. Out of the two taller ones with chocolate. The one with the heart straw was a chocolate covered cherry drink. The other was a banana split drink. Both made by Maria. The blue one is a raspberry mojito made by Suri. The green drink was a mint drink made by Suri. The one above that with the leaf on it was called The Jack Sparrow made by Viktor. The last one was a coconut zaya drink made by Suri. The others I definitely don't have names for but I may have posted ingredients as they were made.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609424-carnival-dream-live-dec-2-9-nola-to-western-carib-fun-times-menus-etc/

4 minutes ago, 5PUPS said:

None of those are on the menu. They were custom drinks made by the Alchemy Dream Team. I can tell you that first one Maria called Christmas in Hawaii. Out of the two taller ones with chocolate. The one with the heart straw was a chocolate covered cherry drink. The other was a banana split drink. Both made by Maria. The blue one is a raspberry mojito made by Suri. The green drink was a mint drink made by Suri. The one above that with the leaf on it was called The Jack Sparrow made by Viktor. The last one was a coconut zaya drink made by Suri. The others I definitely don't have names for but I may have posted ingredients as they were made.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:53 PM, Stick93 said:

Saint Greg thanks for that. Will be on magic in very soon and this makes me so happy. Anyone know who is the alcamist(s) on the magic???

We just got off on the Magic right before Christmas. Nathan, Ravi, and Natalya were the bartenders while we were on the ship. They were absolutely amazing!! By the 3rd day, all it took was us walking within eyesight of the Alchemy and a simple nod from Nathan to get the drinks flowing! I bet 90% of our drinks came from that bar and I think only 2 of them were actually from the menu. I wish we would have taken pictures of all the impressive creations they made for us! Always strong, and always delicious! I think Nathan only had a few more months left on his contract, but if he is still there, please tell him Scott and Michelle said hi! ... and tell him you want to try the drink that tastes like an Almond Joy lol

18 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I want the "cruise monkey" story....

I don't do selfies. I don't like putting pictures of myself all over the internet. When I decided to do my first live review I thought I needed something to show I actually went all of these places. I needed something to take my place in the pictures. I've seen people take pictures of a kids stuffed animal at different places. I thought one that would hook on my lanyard would be handy. So I bought the monkey the week before my August cruise. When I went back last month the Alchemy bartenders told me he's famous now.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't do selfies. I don't like putting pictures of myself all over the internet. When I decided to do my first live review I thought I needed something to show I actually went all of these places. I needed something to take my place in the pictures. I've seen people take pictures of a kids stuffed animal at different places. I thought one that would hook on my lanyard would be handy. So I bought the monkey the week before my August cruise. When I went back last month the Alchemy bartenders told me he's famous now.

Love it.... and I take it his name is Harry?  Haha - maybe I'll see the both of you at an Alchemy bar some day!

We enjoyed the Alchemy Bar on a previous cruise on the Pride.  Though the mixologist was quite arrogant.  He wouldn't make anything off the menu and I am all for making up drinks and surprising me.  Problem was he made one I enjoyed a lot, next day he couldn't remember what it was and he wouldn't tell me a name.  He also said he liked to use an ingredient passengers stated they disliked in their drink to prove to them that they did like it.  He made me one topped with a tad of champagne which I don't care for and alas I didn't like the drink he made either.  Kept trying to get the one he made the first day, I think around day 5 he finally remembered what he made.  When on the Triumph the person there really didn't get very creative.  I greatly enjoy being able to just have a bartender make something at their whim so that I can learn new drinks.  

Got this when I was on the Pride.

It was from the menu, it was called 40 is the New 20.

Really good! Had a nice, sour kick to it.

I do regret not having the bartender make me any fun concoctions.

My cousin had a delicious drink the bartender came up with. Don’t remember what all was in it but it had blueberries and orange slices and was strong but sweet

I’ll be hanging out at Alchemy a lot more come my next cruise in October! 

A8F4883C-88C2-4293-BA66-6E931C9E819E.jpeg