LIVE B2B from Harmony 9/22 and 9/29, A Tale of Two Cruises

John&LaLa

We got a suite on Costa for two at $2800 on the sailing before Symphony'sTA. New ports as well. Includes a drink package. In fact we have been on Costa twice and really like the atmosphere. They are also the only cruise line that gave us a free upgrade from inside to Balcony. We are looking at options since now we're homeless and live on ships and AirBnBs. It is definitely competitive. We'll be looking at MSC as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We met last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope our cruising paths cross soon. We have a lot in common as we are semi homeless also by choice.

Very long story for us but we are at our timeshares 44 or so weeks of the year. We stay mostly at timeshares travelling and hotel stays using reward points when timsehares don't work or are unavailable. Then on cruises for about 6 to 8 weeks. We stay at our home here for less than 4 weeks out of the year. Would love to swap stories and exchange ideas.

Been doing the almost full time timeshareing for about a decade. The cruising just the past 4 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We just got a storage unit directly across from Thrifty car rental at the front gate to Port Everglades. Keep a small roller bag with Caribbean clothes so we can swap after TA and dump jeans. Runs appx $50 monthly. Can get Thrifty shuttle to rentals and cross street, get clothes, and off we go to AirBnB or hotel. Life is great!

We just got a storage unit directly across from Thrifty car rental at the front gate to Port Everglades. Keep a small roller bag with Caribbean clothes so we can swap after TA and dump jeans. Runs appx $50 monthly. Can get Thrifty shuttle to rentals and cross street, get clothes, and off we go to AirBnB or hotel. Life is great!

Thanks for the tip about the storage locker. I would be using Marriott timeshares in fort Lauderdale a lot. We were wondering where to put our stuff when cruising in the future as we do not own a home in florida. Right now we just leave all our stuff at home and grab what we need when we need it. Might make sense to move our stuff to a storage facility now and rent our home out. More money for cruising!

We will be able to continue the same nomadic timesharing lifestyle now but in continental united states.

So for those of you who live on ships and travel a lot - what is the water temperature like at Labadee in December?
There is an online link to temperatures. Unfortunately at happy hour with no PC that has link shortcut. Google it.

Why would Celebrity folks be upset??

Currently points earned on Celebrity and Azamara combine and status reciprocates between RCI, Celebrity and Azamara up through Diamond Level on RCI.

https://insideflyer.com/2015/11/cruise-line-status-match/

Diminishes their status

I really dont think so.

They are working towards a RCCL loyalty program encompassing all the lines through Silversea. Celebrity folks are going to hate that.

Said we might get points for cruising the other lines as well.

Diminishes their status

I look forward to hearing more about this. Celebrity points are are not awarded like Royal night at seas, solo and suites. They award more points according to the staterooms booked and nights at sea. (I think I've read recently that Celebrity is also giving double points for solo.) They changed all the points over several years ago, when they started this. So, I think Royal might be going to that system and changing over everyone's points like Celebrity did. We have hoped for a long time that Royal and Celebrity would combine points! We aren't Zenith, but are Elite Plus on Celebrity and, as you know, we are Pinnacle on Royal, so if they combined points, that would help us out on both cruise lines. A win win for us. I don't see how it would help or hurt us if they don't combine points, though. We enjoy perks and cruising on both lines.:D

Sorry for the double photo quote, but I find it very interesting. It appears as though there is now an accessible cabana at Barefoot Beach. That’s great.
Yep, 2 of them. I think S2 and S5

John looks like there are new loungers at barefoot. Also seems like they finished the over water cabanas they were building last oct on the right side of the barefoot beach as you are looking at the water.

Your pics must have been taken early as I have never seen barefoot that empty.

Around 11:00

Questioning Texans - yeah, we're known for our shyness. ;) Were they asking about Oasis class coming to Galveston? That seems to be the big rumor.

Interesting that he felt people wouldn't like MSC. I've been researching it and overall it's been positive. But we would only do Yacht Club.

No firm commitment on Oasis in Galveston, but that is what they are working on. Someone also asked about longer itineraries

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been to Labadee since 2012 and don't remember much but it was HOT! :)

If anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

Which is quicker, taking the ferry or riding the shuttle to Columbus Cove?

Does this beach area get crowded? Wondering if I need to rush off the ship to get a good spot.

Do we have to pay for chair rental?

Thanks in advance.

Ferry, plus no long walk down the pier.

Ferry runs every 10 minutes, they don't wait to fill it up.

One way only

Celebrity has one of the best loyalty program in the cruise industries.

I don't see why they get upset.

I believed in future Royal Caribbean will copy the point systems of Celebrity so the upper tiers won't get crowd.

Zenith

The height of Captain's Club membership—Zenith—is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the quality benefits and perks this ultimate level of membership deserves, such as access to Michael’s Club Lounge, a beverage package of your choice, complimentary laundry, and anextensive internet package.

MB indicated PC would get Zenith benefits, that's why I made that comment.

At Michael Bolton.

Interesting story about dinner. TV said tonight was lamb, it wasn't. That's baaaad.

Also, we have MTD, there was confusion when we were seated. Apparently we were directed to table 825, since our table was given to someone else.

Unfortunately another PC couple was assigned to that table. They weren't happy.

Guess who is sitting behind us. [emoji33]

Husband made sarcastic comment about thanks for flowers and chocolates.. I told him no worries, we got surf and turf. [emoji16]69aae4b87c80563408b75b63873e20bb.jpg7c1c227ca4325ede920cf75f10d22aa3.jpg

Info courtesy of Milwaukee 8

03830eea01ddd99fd9b60d7af2083c86.jpg

bd05769f59ea57af17c06bed16d50384.jpg

e2df8f21803cabff84aaa75117e8e6e4.jpg

d491d9b634a8544eb17bc6e71151b8e9.jpg

OK, so, at the mention of a Micheal Bolton concert, I would look like Bella giving you the Stink eye. Really do I have to endure this, too? Bill Ocean I think had one hit, that really sucked. I am definitely Bella giving you the stink eye.

JC

I've never even considered it. Mainly because I wouldn't have time for her on a ship. She's high strung anyway.

She is a terrier, aka a landshark, of course she is high strung. My stupid dog would jump over your short railing if another dog walked by below.

JC

$unite benefits for Pinnacle this week. [emoji16] We do seem to be limited to one CK reservation at a time. Breakfast will be available in Chops

CK and SL are flipped on Harmony, plus bar is on the back wall freezing up more glass for CK seating1f6d683ebf6b27aadc69930cfcad659e.jpg390377990bcf3147f4884595946c17ad.jpgf1eba88d9bae9f37d38711b3bb68d5e8.jpg9be5048c1c646f756dc00b65ae0aab2e.jpg

How do we get Laura past the pink Koolaid? OMG is the pink Koolaid actually yours?:evilsmile:

JC