Internet & Soda pkg

Hey y'all,

We're booked on our first RCCL on the Rhapsody, but not new to cruising. I'm confused on the website, I'm looking at internet and soda pkg. For soda pkg it's 9.99 day, for Voom surf & stream 1 device it's 11.99 per day. So for both it's $21.98 per day. However, under the beverage/dining tab, it has a combined pkg of internet (1 device) and soda pkg combo and it says $24. per day? That's more than getting them separate, figured since it was a combo it might be less, am I missing something? I also don't see a whole lot of posts for the Rhapsody, is it not a good ship? we booked it cuz my cousins asked us to go with them and they were already booked lol. If you have cruised Carnival and RCCL any tips or big differences you want to post would be appreciated, Thank you

Hey y'all,

We're booked on our first RCCL on the Rhapsody, but not new to cruising. I'm confused on the website, I'm looking at internet and soda pkg. For soda pkg it's 9.99 day, for Voom surf & stream 1 device it's 11.99 per day. So for both it's $21.98 per day. However, under the beverage/dining tab, it has a combined pkg of internet (1 device) and soda pkg combo and it says $24. per day? That's more than getting them separate, figured since it was a combo it might be less, am I missing something? I also don't see a whole lot of posts for the Rhapsody, is it not a good ship? we booked it cuz my cousins asked us to go with them and they were already booked lol. If you have cruised Carnival and RCCL any tips or big differences you want to post would be appreciated, Thank you

In some cases I've seen both Voom Surf and Voom Surf and Stream offered. Once is substantially more expensive (Surf and Stream). Make sure the packages contain the same level of Voom. Once could be higher, the other lower.

Just a thought.

In some cases I've seen both Voom Surf and Voom Surf and Stream offered. Once is substantially more expensive (Surf and Stream). Make sure the packages contain the same level of Voom. Once could be higher, the other lower.

Just a thought.

What do you mean by same level? you mean like how many devices? sorry not familiar with Royals internet.. thank you

What do you mean by same level? you mean like how many devices? sorry not familiar with Royals internet.. thank you

Royal offers two service levels of internet speed: Surf Only and Surf & Stream. Surf & Stream has the higher speed capability.

Make sure items you are comparing are "apples to apples"; Surf and Stream vs. Surf and Stream, not Surf and Stream vs. Surf.

Some of the Cruise Planner items I've seen can be a bit unclear.

Make sure items you are comparing are "apples to apples"; Surf and Stream vs. Surf and Stream, not Surf and Stream vs. Surf.

Some of the Cruise Planner items I've seen can be a bit unclear.

Actually, I noticed this same issue for my Oasis sailing in February. It is "apples to apples," but something is clearly not adding up. I would just buy them separately.

Noticed yesterday that I could add a Surf-n-Stream at $12, to our existing Surf-only at $10... or I could cancel the Surf-only and get two S-n-S for $20. I didn't think long on that!

ETA: It was also a better deal than two DBP+S-n-S packages for which the combo was $11 more than the beverage pkg alone.

This "dynamic pricing" scheme is sort of like a shell game -- be sure to watch their hands (and do your own math).

Noticed yesterday that I could add a Surf-n-Stream at $12, to our existing Surf-only at $10... or I could cancel the Surf-only and get two S-n-S for $20. I didn't think long on that!

ETA: It was also a better deal than two DBP+S-n-S packages for which the combo was $11 more than the beverage pkg alone.

This "dynamic pricing" scheme is sort of like a shell game -- be sure to watch their hands (and do your own math).

This sums up the pricing I'm seeing perfectly -- it does seem like a game! I'm also surprised that the exact same product is differs per ship and per cruise. It does sort of give a squeezing every last drop of profit vibe...

Or..... turn off the devices and just enjoy the trip. Take pics and download them to your friends later (You never want to post you are out of town when you are out of town.... it opens up your home to break ins; (former cop))

You're on vacation. UNPLUG and enjoy!:D:D:D

Allure has the Soda and Surf package priced at $21/day. Purchased separately the soda package is $8.50 and Voom Surf is $9.99 = $18.49/day. I just booked the soda package and Surf and Stream 1 device separately and still paid less for the week than the "packaged" soda and surf deal they were offering.