How to obtain a wow band for Anthem sailing

dwardlaw

If that's it, I don't get it. Certainly wouldn't work for me, especially if I had to pay for it.

I LOVE mine. I don't have to dig for my card. Just a simple flick of the wrist, and I am in my cabin. It's particularly handy when you are carrying stuff.

As Bob said, it does everything that your SeaPass does except *ding* you on and off the ship.

Lounge eligible? It activates the door.

Cabin door? Yup.

Reservations for a show? The staff member's ipad reads your wowband, again, with a simple turn of your wrist.

As for re-using - recent reports have been that some ships/staff members are refusing to reprogram old wow bands or provide a trade-in. I have never had a problem, but apparently others have.

I LOVE mine. I don't have to dig for my card. Just a simple flick of the wrist, and I am in my cabin. It's particularly handy when you are carrying stuff.

As Bob said, it does everything that your SeaPass does except *ding* you on and off the ship.

Lounge eligible? It activates the door.

Cabin door? Yup.

Reservations for a show? The staff member's ipad reads your wowband, again, with a simple turn of your wrist.

As for re-using - recent reports have been that some ships/staff members are refusing to reprogram old wow bands or provide a trade-in. I have never had a problem, but apparently others have.

That may work for my wife, then.

If I had a premium drink package or even a soda package would this be loaded on to my wow bands. If it is do the bartenders have a scanner or do I need to remove my band each time I order a drink ?

Nothing except an ID number is electronically loaded on the SeaPass card or WOW band. These items are scanned to access the ship's onboard database where your info is stored.

They would be able to scan your WOW band to determine if you have a beverage package. Sometimes the scanner is too far and you need to remove the WOW band.

Yes on my last Anthem cruise guest services told me they would not reprogram it and to buy a new one. I looked at her and all I had to say was WOW how cheap is royal getting to be ????.

The WOW band have your Muster station on it. So it make sense to require a new one.

The WOW band have your Muster station on it. So it make sense to require a new one.

Yes BUT if you look at the white wow bands there is nothing on them they are more or less a seapass card. I asked the same question when I saw them on our last cruise.

Yes BUT if you look at the white wow bands there is nothing on them they are more or less a seapass card. I asked the same question when I saw them on our last cruise.

My one have my muster station printed on it as well as the RCI logo.

OK, but why should one get this if the seapass would suffice? What's the benefit?

I think women and kid's benefit from it. Women never seem to have pockets and kid's tend to lose the sea pass. I would opt for this over wearing the card on a lanyard but even my swim suits have pockets so no need to use either for me.

I think it is great for me since I tend to wear a lot of dresses with no pockets or a bathing suit and have to hand it to my DH to keep in his pants/shorts/swimsuit. I am also used to using something similar at Disney World where I am often. Is the WOW band waterproof (for pool/hot tub use)?

You can use it for everything you would use your SeaPass card for, except for getting on and off the ship.

Just off Harmony last month, the wow band worked for everything except getting on/off ship AND it didn’t work for the soda only package. Totally was a bummer as I had to carry my card around for the coke package. However, was told if I had the drink package it could be loaded on Wow pass. Don’t understand how the coke only package couldn’t be on the wow band, but it wasn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Forums