Anthem MTD

SJNB

Hi. We are booked on the 2/23/19 8 day Bahamas cruise. We made MTD reservations for 5:30 each evening as we have young kids sailing with us.

Our confirmation shows the time however our calendar shows “At your Leisure”

I have found people talking about this but can’t find anyone reporting back how they made out when they got on board. Was your table reserved for the time you picked?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I think this issue only applies to ships with the Royal IQ app.
Nope. We reserved particular time on Grandeur too. You can do it through cruise personalizer.

What they do is if you have same times reserved they are assigning you to a particular table and waiter.

Nope. We reserved particular time on Grandeur too. You can do it through cruise personalizer.

I should have clarified - the issue is that the planner says "At your leisure" (instead of a time) when you make a specific MTD reservation - I don't think that's true on Grandeur.

Edited by Biker19

What they do is if you have same times reserved they are assigning you to a particular table and waiter.

Is it the same waiter if you book some nights at the same time but have specialty restaurants for the other nights? The first two nights we have the BOGO specialty restaurant package, then each of the remaining 5 nights I booked 6:15pm for the MTD.

I should have clarified - the issue is that the planner says "At your leisure" (instead of a time) when you make a specific MTD reservation - I don't think that's true on Grandeur.
It's the same in Grandeur. Last year we had cruises 1 month apart and this year too.

Grandeur just doesn't have Royal IQ app.

Is it the same waiter if you book some nights at the same time but have specialty restaurants for the other nights? The first two nights we have the BOGO specialty restaurant package, then each of the remaining 5 nights I booked 6:15pm for the MTD.

Not necessarily. However, if you like your server, you can request to be seated in their area if availability exists.

Hi. We are booked on the 2/23/19 8 day Bahamas cruise. We made MTD reservations for 5:30 each evening as we have young kids sailing with us.

Our confirmation shows the time however our calendar shows “At your Leisure”

I have found people talking about this but can’t find anyone reporting back how they made out when they got on board. Was your table reserved for the time you picked?

Thanks for your help

Mike

We are booked on the 2/3/19 cruise and found the same thing. The specific time chosen shows in the purchase history but not on the calendar.

Hope that helps,

Sue

Not necessarily. However, if you like your server, you can request to be seated in their area if availability exists.

Thanks! If we like our server and have the same one each night, and we decide to tip them extra, do they have to share the tip with other servers if we tip in cash?

Thanks! If we like our server and have the same one each night, and we decide to tip them extra, do they have to share the tip with other servers if we tip in cash?

They are trying to do this if you prebook same time.

We wanted to eat in both restaurants Silk & AIG, so we had to ask to put us in the other restaurant, but before we asked they were putting us to the same table.

We were on Anthem earlier in the month and had My Time Dining. Once we logged into the Royal iQ the times we had selected were on our daily schedule. We had little to no wait each night, but we were only 2 and prefer to share a table with others.

John

We were on Anthem earlier in the month and had My Time Dining. Once we logged into the Royal iQ the times we had selected were on our daily schedule. We had little to no wait each night, but we were only 2 and prefer to share a table with others.

John

Thanks John. Hope you enjoyed your cruise to Canada. We are from Saint John. We took our kids to see the Anthem yesterday when it was docked here.

We are on Anthem now and are a couple hours from Bayonne. We were provided envelopes a couple of days ago for extra gratuities if we wanted to give extra. We have used them in the past. This time we did something a little different by bringing small thank you cards that we were able to write a little note and include cash. That idea came from someone here on CC. I have never heard anything about them having to share the extra gratuities. We have always given it to them personally and not by adding the extra amount to our sea pass account.

Ron

We are on Anthem now and are a couple hours from Bayonne. We were provided envelopes a couple of days ago for extra gratuities if we wanted to give extra. We have used them in the past. This time we did something a little different by bringing small thank you cards that we were able to write a little note and include cash. That idea came from someone here on CC. I have never heard anything about them having to share the extra gratuities. We have always given it to them personally and not by adding the extra amount to our sea pass account.

Ron

Great, thanks for this tip! I love the idea of writing a personal note is a thank you card to include with the extra cash tip. We’ve always just handed the person a sealed envelope with the cash and said something nice to them about how lovely they were throughout the cruise. (This was on NCL and Carnival and I wasn’t sure how Royal handled the cash tips, that’s why I asked). I have a huge package of thank you cards so I’ll bring some on the cruise.

I would never add extra gratuities to the sea pass account, because I would think that would be distributed among the crew members that are in the tipping pool. I would much rather give cash to the specific people we are tipping extra in the first place.