Return Flight out of FLL?

july2012

how early do you think we can schedule a flight from port Ft Lauderdal flight leaving ft lauderdal airport?

I know the port is very close to airport!

I believe the time listed on Carnival advises to not have a flight before 1pm.

My travel crew is thinking about a 10:15 am flight out on a Sunday June 3 2019

Thanks

I would take into consideration:

* the ship's arrival back to port, on time or late?

* how long will customs take once off the ship?

* security at FLL, how is it on a Sunday morning?

These are things out of your control. You may make it just fine, but myself, I wouldn't book a flight quite that early. I don't think I'd necessarily wait for one after 1:00 either, maybe just not as early as you mentioned. But that's just me...and what do I know?

I think 10:15 is too early. You have to remember that boarding is 30 mins prior to take-off. And getting through security could take an hour if busy. Then you have to factor how long it will take you to get a cab to the airport, and the time it takes to get there, especially if there’s traffic. Not to mention that the ship could be delayed getting back to port. Personally, I would never book anything before noon. There’s no reason to end a vacation on a stressful note because you are worrying the whole morning if you are going to make the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That early is doable but risky.

We were off the ship in Miami at 7:30 (group 1 priority debarkation) and took an Uber to FLL and were there by 9 am. Our flight was at 12:10 pm.

However, the sailing before ours was delayed 3 hrs by customs and as we were leaving a person in group 1 was held up by a customs agent checking her purchases.

It'll be great if it works out for you but a very long day if it doesn't. Does your airline charge for missed flights?

Cruising out of FLL and day of return flights we have book around noon. First time we made it to the gate by 9:45, second time they closed the door to the plane the second after we were on. It is a crap shoot.

Since that second time we book late afternoon or next day flights home and take it easy and stress free!

It's doable. But you will need to do Express Walk Off. (As long as the ship docks on time)

I have done it at least 4 times. And every time I have made a 10A.M. Flight.

I usually walk of the ship around 7A.M.. Clear customs that not too busy at that time and I'm in a Lyft by 7:30A.M and at the FFL airport by 7:55A.M.

But again to be able to make that early flight you must be able to carry your own bags off the ship.

If you wait till after 8A.M. to get off the ship you will find long lines at customs as there is never enough agents working the lines.

If you can do a priority walk off with your luggage,

if you can get on the dedicated Global Entry line for US Customs at the cruise terminal,

if you cab it asap at around 8 AM as soon as you exit Customs,

if you have a priority status with an airline, and

if you use your TSA pre-check to get through airport security, then yes, you can make a 10:15AM flight.

If you don't, book it for noon.

I've got a return flight at 10:15AM also.

It's a risk, but a risk I think I can take after considering all the factors.

I'm priority on debarkation

I have Global Entry

Flying FC

I have TSA Pre- Check

If I don't make it,,, no big deal in any way, shape, or form

Great feedback

I know I would rather take a later flight and or even the next day and relax at a hotel with a great pool before heading back home!

I usually like to do this also.

Sometimes life just gets in the way and there are extenuating circumstances where life requires you to go outside your comfort zone.

how early do you think we can schedule a flight from port Ft Lauderdal flight leaving ft lauderdal airport?

One thing not mentioned and sometimes I am able to do it: does your airline allow you to catch an earlier flight the day of travel? I am Gold on American and I often schedule a bit later flight than the one I am concerned with catching (if everything goes right). Then, when I get to the airport I change my flight to the earlier at no cost. Do this BEFORE you check your bags of course.

Thanks

I’ve flown out of this airport several times, and let me tell you, it is a zoo! Add in consideration that ships docking and debarkation could be delayed for any number of reasons, I’d NEVER book a flight out of FLL any earlier than 1:00! My last 3 flights out of there were early evening. We took a post cruise excursion that took us to airport after, arrived with plenty of time to have a leisurely meal at airport (let me add in here that food venues there are limited and awful) watched a football game at bar for awhile, and fly out. No stress involved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol. The responses to these early flights questions are always a hoot.

If you do self-disembarkation - meaning get down there early with your own bags in hand, you should easily be able to make the flight. The only reason you would miss the flight would be a very much out of the ordinary delay - which isn't normal.

But yeah, all the "well, just take a flight an hour later" - as if there is a regularly scheduled flight that works for you scheduled every hour....

Obviously this is a good time for you. And yes, do self-disembarkation, get down there 30 - 45 minutes prior to scheduled disembarkation and you'll be fine making a 10AM flight. We are always home by 7:30 or so and we live further than the airport.... My guess is you'll end up sitting at your gate for at least 1 - 1.5 hours before boarding. I have a buddy that sails Carnival often and always books the 10AM flights. Last time I pinged her when I got home around 7:30AM and she was already at her gate with a couple of hours to wait...

Look at it this way. If you lived 15 minutes from the airport, what time would you head there for a 10AM flight? Maybe 8AM? Well, getting off the ship before 8AM with self-disembarkation is easy. If something out of the ordinary happens (highly unlikely) and you miss your flight, then you tighten up your pants like an adult, like people do every single day all over the world, and you make alternate arrangements.

I've got a return flight at 10:15AM also.

It's a risk, but a risk I think I can take after considering all the factors.

I'm priority on debarkation

I have Global Entry

Flying FC

I have TSA Pre- Check

If I don't make it,,, no big deal in any way, shape, or form

I know that Global Entry is usable at Port Everglades, but I’m not familiar with how it works. Is there a separate line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums