GTY inside: Got assigned an IE but the IE category was sold out when i booked

fstuff1

didnt think i was roilling the dice since the only categories with rooms listed in mock boolings were I1 and I2..

else i would have waited. :( :mad:

One time I got, what I considered an awful gty cabin, so I upgraded myself. (From interior gty to balcony gty and the balcony was a really good one).

You're lucky that you got the assignment now, because if you are really unhappy with it, you can do as I did.

One time I got, what I considered an awful gty cabin, so I upgraded myself. (From interior gty to balcony gty and the balcony was a really good one).

You're lucky that you got the assignment now, because if you are really unhappy with it, you can do as I did.

only unhappy because i had expectations of I1 or I2 because i thought all other insides were not available. (did mock bookings)

if i knew other cabins were in play, i would have waited to book.

will only spend more $ if the balcony gty drops to around the same price as my inside gty :p

Edited by fstuff1

only unhappy because i had expectations of I1 or I2 because i thought all other insides were not available. (did mock bookings)

if i knew other cabins were in play, i would have waited to book.

will only spend more $ if the balcony gty drops to around the same price as my inside gty :p

You knew you could get ANY cabin ANYWHERE on the ship. That was fully disclosed. You read into the situation facts that were not there is what happened.

I was going to wait a couple more weeks hoping for an even lower fare, but decided that this is an incredible fare for a solo on a 15 night cruise, so 'pulled the trigger' today.

I booked an Inside GTY (IX), and I would be very happy to get what you got...Deck 5 near the elevator....but will be happy with whatever they give me, so long as it's on the ship....:D

I was going to wait a couple more weeks hoping for an even lower fare, but decided that this is an incredible fare for a solo on a 15 night cruise, so 'pulled the trigger' today.

I booked an Inside GTY (IX), and I would be very happy to get what you got...Deck 5 near the elevator....but will be happy with whatever they give me, so long as it's on the ship....:D

I prefer closer to the elevator. Shorter distance to walk to my cabin!

I booked an Inside GTY (IX):D

yes, incredible price but i predict it will drop even more based on recent past experience with ncl pricing.

altho it cant drop that much further. $325 is the ncf/admin fee portion of the current $569 price.

so $325 the lowest they can do??? so it can drop at most $245 more?

lets see what the price is a week before sail.

and let me know floor and location when you get the room assignment?

Last year, for a mid Dec Mexican Riviera cruise from Los Angeles, we had booked an inside cabin. At 80 days out, we were offered the bid. We bid $130 pp and two days later got a balcony assigned. So, 78 days out. We were happy! Bidding is a strange and mysterious process.

yes, incredible price but i predict it will drop even more based on recent past experience with ncl pricing.

altho it cant drop that much further. $325 is the ncf/admin fee portion of the current $569 price.

You may very well be correct, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided not to risk being disappointed by a sell out.

So....the fare was $816.35, but I used a $250. future cruise credit, so saved an additional $125. And...I used my 'reward' credit card, that will give me 3% back of what I paid...so final cost is $670.61...:)

I'll let you know when I get my cabin assignment...

Okay...got assigned Deck5, Forward...category 1F. Also received email inviting me to 'bid' on upgrade...no, thanks....:)

15day Breakaway for $569 (+port fees/taxes) for an inside gty.

when i booked 4days ago, the only categories available were IF, I1, I2.

every other inside category was listed as sold out.

and mock booking IF didnt have any rooms available so i thought i was going to get a I1 or I2.

Thus i booked.

looked today on myncl and i got assigned an IE on the 5th floor near the elevators. :o

W T F? :mad:

If IE was listed as sold out on ncl's website at the time of booking, how did i wind up with an IE cabin?

(IE is still listed as sold out.)

edit:

for those that say bids, the cruise isnt sailing for another 30days.

Bids dont get awarded till around a week before sail.

so cabins didnt open up because of a successful bid and that person moved to a higher category

No ttrue, our bid was awarded over 60 days out

If you are going to try to game the system it is good to know how the game is played. Now you do.

No ttrue, our bid was awarded over 60 days out

yeah, apparently i didn't know how the game was played.

oh well..still got a great price

I had a IA cabin booked through my TA for a 14 day cruise to SA in February for an exceptional price of $1300pp with the $50 OBC and the Specialty Dining. It was a sideways cabin with a great location and my TA was also giving me an additional $175 in OBC.

Then last month the "Sailaway" insides dropped to $799pp. We did the math and rebooked at that price. Now our TA is only giving us $50 OBC. Even without the perks and less OBC, it is still costing us at least $800 less than before

It has been three weeks now with no cabin assignment yet. We had planned on bidding to upgrade to a balcony from the original booking but now we hope we can bid more with our savings. On the NCL website all the balcony cabins are listed as guarantee except for the family balconies, of which there are at least 15 posted in each of the two categories of family.

If we do not get a balcony cabin after bidding, we will be disappointed, sure, but we chose to roll the dice and be happy with whatever inside they give us.

They are sure trying...sent me another email....:)

So they must still have quite a few unsold upgrade level cabins at least and maybe more insides? I'm still waiting for that one last price drop, checking every day.

So they must still have quite a few unsold upgrade level cabins at least and maybe more insides? I'm still waiting for that one last price drop, checking every day.

Good luck! I hope you succeed! Let us know if, and what you get assigned...:)

i would have waited till Oct 20 (a week before sail) if i knew i could have been placed in any other category besides I1 or I2

It just dropped another $40.....down to $776.35 including tax for a solo....will probably go lower, I suppose....

It just dropped another $40.....down to $776.35 including tax for a solo....will probably go lower, I suppose....

I'm still watching and hoping to go lower. I'm pretty local to the port and can fill a suitcase fast. I'm not stressing, just got off the 9/9 Escape sailing(another great deal, $391) so i'll keep you informed and hope to meet. Keep posting though in case I miss it. Thanks