Oceania Introduces New Policies and Programs to Benefit Cruise Passengers

LauraS

We really like that we can start to use our earned OBC, other than that provided by our TA, to prebook excursions starting in May 2019. However, if someone could explain the following second program, I would really appreciate it.

Pre-cruise savings program: Oceania is extending its onboard booking incentives, so the perks now kick in when booking 30 days before your cruise departs. Passengers can access the same savings and best price guarantee they'd receive onboard (or 30 days after sailing) if they book the month before their vacation.

Ken, the way it was explained to me by an O rep is that 30 days out from your sailing date, you may book a future cruise with the onboard savings rate, without actually being on board. I'm unclear whether you must book through O rather than a TA, but the rep was clear that you can immediately transfer the future booking to your TA.

This is just a meek attempt by "O" to offset the super negativism resultant from the major pull back in loyalty rewards to "O's" most loyal members announced six months ago!

There's NO WAY they can continue to justify not having "grandfathered" those loyal participants that reached appropriate levels over the course of time.They needed to do that cutback because they, "O", were choking on the "stupendous" benefits provided way back when that were provided by the senior members ot the organization. And, yes, that contingent of members remain in place now.

Ken, the way it was explained to me by an O rep is that 30 days out from your sailing date, you may book a future cruise with the onboard savings rate, without actually being on board. I'm unclear whether you must book through O rather than a TA, but the rep was clear that you can immediately transfer the future booking to your TA.

Thanks Kate! I know when we were on our May cruise on the Sirena, we were able to "refare" our July GV as well as our Oct B2B and Nov GV. Well, I say that, but since we had finished paying for the July GV and the Oct B2B cruises, the FCC onboard the Sirena was able to get us $200 OBC posted to our July cruise account as well as $200 OBC posted to our October B2B account even though both sets of cruises had been fully waitlisted. We also got $650 taken off our Nov 2018 GV fare because we hadn't fully paid for it yet and there were still cabins available.

I wonder if this new 30 days before/after a cruise policy will also allow our TA or O PCC to perform the same feats of delight on already booked cruises? Probably not, but we will definitely ask the question should the occasion arise again. :D

I'm happy to hear about the Luggage Forward partnership. I'm hoping that means that at the end of the cruise it will automatically get into their (Luggage Forward's) hands rather than having to track down the rep.

Kate, I used Luggage Forward earlier this month at the end of a Regent Grand Voyage. There were about 100 of us using the service at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal in NYC, most had at least 2 pieces of luggage each. There was a truck available outside the port to pick up our luggage. Can't speak about other voyages.

One piece of my luggage was damaged when it arrived home and I called immediately to LF. They sent me an insurance claim email on the spot. Since my bag has been discontinued, I couldn't find the actual price of the bag and I didn't save the receipt. (but remember the amount) They offered to write me a check for the price of the luggage asap. They are very accommodating.

Beth we used it for the first time this spring on the Muse, and had to track down the rep in Barcelona. I don't think there was anyone on our voyage that was using them as well. We truly didn't mind that much, the relief of have just a small roller as we walked away overwhelmed any inconvenience.

Beth we used it for the first time this spring on the Muse, and had to track down the rep in Barcelona. I don't think there was anyone on our voyage that was using them as well. We truly didn't mind that much, the relief of have just a small roller as we walked away overwhelmed any inconvenience.

Kate, Luggage Forward and other companies like this does make life easier when flying!

This is just a meek attempt by "O" to offset the super negativism resultant from the major pull back in loyalty rewards to "O's" most loyal members announced six months ago!

There's NO WAY they can continue to justify not having "grandfathered" those loyal participants that reached appropriate levels over the course of time.They needed to do that cutback because they, "O", were choking on the "stupendous" benefits provided way back when that were provided by the senior members ot the organization. And, yes, that contingent of members remain in place now.

Spot on. Although, I think you underestimate the benefit of allowing OBC for excursions etc.. This is going to get a very warm overdue welcome.

We use luggage forward all the time. Not sure whether the partnership with oceania will mean you pay more. You don’t need this new perk to use them. Amounts to nothing unless discount involved

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a dollar value involved in this partnership? I doubt it. But an alliance with a service I already use will likely mean integration, something that I think is clearly a "benefit".

What I'm hoping for is that we will attach the luggage forward paperwork to our case, put it outside our room the night before disembarkation, and not have to see or touch it again until it arrives at our home the next week.

I typically avoid O shore tours, so this isn’t a big deal for me, but a couple of questions:

1. For those that like O’s overpriced tours, does this mean that they’ll now wait until the 30 day out period to book their tours?

2. If Yes to#2, for many of those limited capacity tours I’d bet they end up with an empty bag!

3. Same for La Reserve, wait until 30 days out to book and you may as well wait until on board hoping for additional evenings!

For us, when we see the rare shore tour or a La Reserve dinner we want, we’ll book it when available. Let the others wait for the left overs!

Will booking shore excursions now become like booking Specialties? People waiting for 00:00 Miami time 30 days out to make all the tour excursions? I’ll pass on that game!

I typically avoid O shore tours, so this isn’t a big deal for me, but a couple of questions:

1. For those that like O’s overpriced tours, does this mean that they’ll now wait until the 30 day out period to book their tours?

2. If Yes to#2, for many of those limited capacity tours I’d bet they end up with an empty bag!

3. Same for La Reserve, wait until 30 days out to book and you may as well wait until on board hoping for additional evenings!

For us, when we see the rare shore tour or a La Reserve dinner we want, we’ll book it when available. Let the others wait for the left overs!

Will booking shore excursions now become like booking Specialties? People waiting for 00:00 Miami time 30 days out to make all the tour excursions? I’ll pass on that game!

In answer to your #1, I believe the "30 day" time period only refers to booking new cruises not shore excursions and other amenities. Personally, we find the O excursions quite affordable when we book the OLife excursion option along with a few extra ones to get to the Your World Collection (YWC) 25% discount. However, if we were to simply book the excursions at their retail price or use the Unlimited Passport Collection (UPC) option, then we agree they are definitely high.

PL

I did not see anywhere that said you could only use the OBC 30 days prior for Excursions or La Reserve

Can you show where it says that?

Here is more detailed press release

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+NEW+GUEST+EXPERIENCE+ENHANCEMENTS+-+More+Convenient+Ways+to+Plan%2c+Save%2c+Spend%2c+and+Travel+are+part+of+OceaniaNEXT/

In answer to your #1, I believe the "30 day" time period only refers to booking new cruises not shore excursions and other amenities. Personally, we find the O excursions quite affordable when we book the OLife excursion option along with a few extra ones to get to the Your World Collection (YWC) 25% discount. However, if we were to simply book the excursions at their retail price or use the Unlimited Passport Collection (UPC) option, then we agree they are definitely high.

Ditto for the “30 day” rule.

For those of us that do not choose the drinks package as an O Life option (nor need extra OBC) the few excursions one can book with O Life provide a good value - especially when combined with some private excursions.

As always, YMMV.

Lyn;

Please go to the link you provided and read the second paragraph!! Plainly says OBC can be used for blah, blah blah 30 days prior to boarding!!!

I guess it was not clear enough for me

This is what I am seeing ...still no 30 day prior clause :confused:

Shipboard Credit Can Now Be Utilized Prior To Departure

Guests and their travel agents can now utilize shipboard credit prior to departure to purchase sought-after shore excursions and land tours, onboard beverage packages, culinary classes, and dining experiences at La Reserve and Privée. Credit can be used for voyages departing on or after May 19, 2019 via the “Already Booked” section of OceaniaCruises.com, the Travel Agent Center, or by calling Passenger Services at 855-623-2642.

I stand corrected, no 30 day limit. The new date will obviously become after PIF is received. So 90-120 days out depending on cruise length.

Still same issues though. Will people wait until then to book excursions, particularly limited capacity ones that are released 6 months prior to boarding, and prior to PIF date?