New Drink Packages coming to Celebrity?

chamima

Perhaps they are asking if you'd be willing to pay to upgrade your drinks at the captains club evening event. I believe the alcohol poured is not at the premium level

While I was completing the survey, I often came back to the phrase "Captain's Club Beverage Pkg"....the Bev. Pkg. perk is one offered with your cruise booking and for which you pay more than base price. I'd really like to know why the survey refers to CClub in many questions. It couldn't have been referring to the CC happy hour as the survey mentioned 'upgrading to premium beverage pkg', etc. Do you think they're considering replacing the cruise perk with one which will be offered at a reduced price to CC members and perhaps priced according to level of membership?

Perhaps they are asking if you'd be willing to pay to upgrade your drinks at the captains club evening event. I believe the alcohol poured is not at the premium level

It's not even at the Classic level! You have your choice from a limited drink menu, which is why there's little reason to go if you have a drink package, other than to socialize. Royal does it much better, at least in terms of food. They have a good selection of h'or d'oeuvres in addition to the limited drink selection (plus on Royal you need to buy a drink package so many who are Diamond do not).

Exactly what IS the Captain's Club Bev package? Don't see it on the site...

and we are Captn Club and have a cruise in play/planning :o

The only way to get drinks/wine and coffees is with Premium.

Where are the details on this ?

Exactly what IS the Captain's Club Bev package? Don't see it on the site...

and we are Captn Club and have a cruise in play/planning :o

The only way to get drinks/wine and coffees is with Premium.

Where are the details on this ?

We get drinks, wine, coffees on Classic. Only rarely have to pay anything additional.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

ahhh Elite? Elite +

got it

Same experience when Classic and Select. I'm not speaking about Elite cocktail happy hours but the Classic beverage package. Perhaps we're on different subjects? This thread has many of us confused and guessing the X intentions with is confusingly worded survey. Sorry if I added to the confusion. :o

Same experience when Classic and Select. I'm not speaking about Elite cocktail happy hours but the Classic beverage package. Perhaps we're on different subjects? This thread has many of us confused and guessing the X intentions with is confusingly worded survey. Sorry if I added to the confusion. :o

OK so its not just me wondering WHY they call it Captains Club Drink package?

I was assuming it was about the upper levels perks:confused:

I wonder how they chose the survey recipients? We are E+, often (but not always) have a drink package, sometimes upgrade from Classic to Premium. But they didn't ask us. :(

We have met many people in the Elite cocktail party, many of whom we've remained friends for many years. We'd be sad to give that up. When we've had a BP or coupons we have often gone to the lounge anyway, but very few people do so.

I received the letter from Celebrity to take the survey and did so today.

Yes, I saw the reference to Captain's Club throughout the survey; however, I did not get the impression that there was an attempt to take anything away. I think there was an interest to know how you feel about the value of drink packages that you may choose as a perk, purchase outright, upgrade, etc.

Because higher level Captain's Club passengers have access to the various perks that provide drinks, there may be less reason or value for them to pick a drink package as a perk or purchase one outright when not offered as part of a booking. I think they are looking at a way of providing options at a price point to entice more passengers, specifically Captain's Club member to purchase beverage packages in general (at a discounted price and call it a perk).

I liked that they were looking at ways to possibly gauge the interest level of folks to mix/combine different aspects of beverage types. My other half does not drink at all, so getting a Classic package is only partially used. I on the other hand find myself upgrading my package when I see the value in doing so.

So... I have a question. How does it work if they load drinks on your card? What types of things can you order at a bar? Are there certain wines or wines up to a certain price point? Can you upgrade if you want a better wine? We've always had a eve rage package...this will be our first time using these... thanks

So... I have a question. How does it work if they load drinks on your card? What types of things can you order at a bar? Are there certain wines or wines up to a certain price point? Can you upgrade if you want a better wine? We've always had a eve rage package...this will be our first time using these... thanks

I think you would be better asking in this thread. If I had to guess I would assume it's the same limited selection you would normally get in the Elite event and no upgrades available.

I received the letter from Celebrity to take the survey and did so today.

Yes, I saw the reference to Captain's Club throughout the survey; however, I did not get the impression that there was an attempt to take anything away. I think there was an interest to know how you feel about the value of drink packages that you may choose as a perk, purchase outright, upgrade, etc.

Because higher level Captain's Club passengers have access to the various perks that provide drinks, there may be less reason or value for them to pick a drink package as a perk or purchase one outright when not offered as part of a booking. I think they are looking at a way of providing options at a price point to entice more passengers, specifically Captain's Club member to purchase beverage packages in general (at a discounted price and call it a perk).

I liked that they were looking at ways to possibly gauge the interest level of folks to mix/combine different aspects of beverage types. My other half does not drink at all, so getting a Classic package is only partially used. I on the other hand find myself upgrading my package when I see the value in doing so.

I think you're right (in the red) is that they seem to be trying to figure how much they could charge (or discount - if you look at it from the other angle) - for a drink package as a "perk" for Captain's Club.

Where I disagree with you (in the purple) is that they won't be taking anything away. I have a feeling this "discount" would be instead of the free 5-7 cocktail hour.

If they had really wanted our opinions, they could have been a little more transparent in the survey so we could all have answered with what we thought of whatever it is they are thinking of doing.

As I said, I was trying to figure out where they were going and so my answers were probably all over the place.

I think you would be better asking in this thread. If I had to guess I would assume it's the same limited selection you would normally get in the Elite event and no upgrades available.

You can only order drinks off the Captain's Club Elite Happy Hour Menu. You will receive it in your stateroom upon embarkation.

20180925_164014.thumb.jpg.48f2fe5adcce953b637293aff92e0d69.jpg

Don’t quite know what a Captains Club drink package is. We are on TA in Nov...have seen no discounts on any level of package. Figured it would be over $600 for non alcoholic packages just to have coffee... have to see some loyalty discount before that money goes out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if they are considering eliminating the Elite cocktail hour?

Works for me if they do. With drinks package, we have not gone to the evening event last few times, BUT it is a nice benefit if you do not have drink package. THUS, I think a drink voucher(s) per evening would work and mine would be on my sea pass card and NOT used if I have the drink package.

Those desiring the social benefits of evening event could connect at a one time event that Celebrity could host very early on cruise itinerary.

So....... for us at least, we are okay with the 3 drink coupons, plus even an offer of reduced drink package. We will buy package if it is within the value proposition we establish for each cruise. We are okay with leaving Captains Club as it is as other than internet minutes, not sure we are utilizing CC offered benefits anyway. I know others do and that should be a consideration for Celebrity to know that a 'one fits all' solution/offering typically does not work for all. :)

We are Elite+ and appreciate the coffees and the "Happy Hour". We never buy a drink package and our choice of perks would be OBC and/or gratuities depending on length of cruise. Three drinks are quite adequate for us and apart from an occasional glass of wine with dinner our bar bill is minimal. We rarely cruise in the Caribbean, so fancy drinks by the pool are not important.

On our last TA, the drinks were loaded on our cards and we could have our third drink in the MDR if we went in just before seven, so we went to the Sky Lounge for some social time, then to dinner. I hope the social opportunity continues. I can't imagine that any drink package would be discounted enough to persuade us to buy.

You can only order drinks off the Captain's Club Elite Happy Hour Menu. You will receive it in your stateroom upon embarkation.

My definition it is limited, but there are. Lot of nice options IMO. On the Solstice they are loaded three drinks on your card that are good at any bar. (Except the WC Bar that does not offer those drinks). They still have the get together in the Sky Lounge. We usually have the Premium drink package, so the Elite Cocktail program does not provide much value to us, but I still think it is a nice program.

I really do not understand why anyone should complain.

I did not receive the survey, so I cannot really comment about the survey.

I think Celebrity already has too many different options for drink packages, so more options would just add more confusion IMO.