Princess Is Pushing Me Hard For Platinum

need2cruisesoon

Between the numerous emails, that includes Drop n Go, California Resident, and Stand By, they are sending me ridiculous low cabin fares to get me over the hump.

Not to mention the multiple mail pieces I get every week, I definitely feel the love from Princess.

ab5cfd0754b2bdaa858a53d1ffa46d46.jpg8

7986c9e658743e34e374cc7601ca8beb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After a lot of cruises on Princess I now never get any of those great offers but I do find some very decent other deals on Princess by a lot of poking around and a variety of methods

Maybe my onboard spend is not enough?

They don't refuse my booking - and I know people who have had this happen - but they don't solicit my business any more.

I bet they may keep records of onboard spend and that sort of thing...……………

Can't be too many complaints because I only ever made an official complaint once and that was over a whole load of lost - but cheap - laundry.

Boo Hoo....I have never received a Stand by Deal. I have my travel (cruise) room ready to go at a moment's notice. Would love to get one of these deals. How do you do it? Is it because I always have another cruise booked...even if it is 2 years away?

Griller,

Go to the Princess website and resubscribe. I'm sure you'll start getting notices again.

'Standby Deals' can be good (I booked a cruise once because I got the email). However, the best prices I've found have been through just my own monitoring of fares - recently found the Dec. 8, Sapphire, 10-day, Southeast Asia cruise on the Princess site lead-in fares for:

Inside $649

Outside $679

Balcony $749

(those prices were additionally discounted for past pax and didn't last long... I think the balconies are sold out now)

I booked a Cat. BC Balcony through my TA for less than the Princess website fare.