Check in Time on Symphony!

LSM212

Hi all

I received our Setsail passes today for our sailing on Symphony leaving on 14th Oct🎉

It states that we should arrive at 1.30pm. I had hoped to be onboard earlier as our hotel transfer is booked for 11am. Is an earlier arrival time likely to be a problem ie are they fairly strict about time of arrival to ensure that all guests don’t descend on them at the same time?😀 Thanks

It would become a problem if all people ignore the given times and arrive early at 10.30 as it is always suggested here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm yes I get your point! I certainly wont be there that early. What time do passengers finishing their cruise have to be off by?

ME FIRST

ME FIRST

do not complain when the terminal is crowded with unhappy people ....

I never arrive for checkin b4 1pm (for a standard afternoon departure)

rooms are seldom ready for access before 1:30 so if you arrive b4 you drag your carry-on .... to lunch or where ever .....

Is one lunch plus or minus worth the hassle?

We arrived at the Barcelona port about 10.30 were checked in and boarded by 11.00.

From memory the last passenger disembarkation time was about 09.30.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, hope you had a great time!

Hmmm yes I get your point! I certainly wont be there that early. What time do passengers finishing their cruise have to be off by?

Symphony interports so not all passengers disembark in Barcelona, there will be about 25% staying on till Rome.

Symphony also has the Stay Later programme whereby you can stay on board till 3.30p if you have a late flight.

Quickest boarding ever a few weeks back. No more than 10 mins from Cab to Central Park!

Hi all

I received our Setsail passes today for our sailing on Symphony leaving on 14th Oct🎉

It states that we should arrive at 1.30pm. I had hoped to be onboard earlier as our hotel transfer is booked for 11am. Is an earlier arrival time likely to be a problem ie are they fairly strict about time of arrival to ensure that all guests don’t descend on them at the same time?😀 Thanks

Catch your 11 am shuttle. Get onboard early and start enjoying your cruise. No problem.

ME FIRST

ME FIRST

do not complain when the terminal is crowded with unhappy people ....

I never arrive for checkin b4 1pm (for a standard afternoon departure)

rooms are seldom ready for access before 1:30 so if you arrive b4 you drag your carry-on .... to lunch or where ever .....

Is one lunch plus or minus worth the hassle?

We weren't first didn't want to be fairly empty check in hall and probably a good few hundred before us all checked in and boarding and couldn't have cared less.

But we are out of hotel at 10.00 to the port checked in luggage embarked with one small carry on a lovely quiet leisurely lunch what more could one ask for.

Stateroom ready exactly one o'clock cases already there unpack and on the pool deck about two.

No hassle no worries no problem and it's like getting an extra day on board.

Absolutely superb.

Me first Me first absolutely no way who cares whose first embarking or whose last each to there own.

The best thing to do is what you are comfortable with.

Symphony also has the Stay Later programme whereby you can stay on board till 3.30p if you have a late flight.

Do you know anything about how the Stay Later programme works? Mentioned to my travel agent but they weren’t aware of it🤔 sounds great for a later flight.

Do you know anything about how the Stay Later programme works? Mentioned to my travel agent but they weren’t aware of it🤔 sounds great for a later flight.

Stay Later is only offered on European cruises.

Do you know anything about how the Stay Later programme works? Mentioned to my travel agent but they weren’t aware of it[emoji848] sounds great for a later flight.

$39pp to stay on board till around 3:30p

Because Symphony interports the ship has many of the Rome cruisers on board too

It is well advertised in the Compass, and also will be as an “excursion “ option in your shire excursion planner on line.

Alternative is to spend the day in Barcelona- use BagsNGo to take your cases to the airport for you €10 per case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We weren't first didn't want to be fairly empty check in hall and probably a good few hundred before us all checked in and boarding and couldn't have cared less.

But we are out of hotel at 10.00 to the port checked in luggage embarked with one small carry on a lovely quiet leisurely lunch what more could one ask for.

Stateroom ready exactly one o'clock cases already there unpack and on the pool deck about two.

No hassle no worries no problem and it's like getting an extra day on board.

Absolutely superb.

Me first Me first absolutely no way who cares whose first embarking or whose last each to there own.

The best thing to do is what you are comfortable with.

Thanks😊

$39pp to stay on board till around 3:30p

Because Symphony interports the ship has many of the Rome cruisers on board too

It is well advertised in the Compass, and also will be as an “excursion “ option in your shire excursion planner on line.

Alternative is to spend the day in Barcelona- use BagsNGo to take your cases to the airport for you €10 per case

Thats really handy to know, had wondered about the baggage situation! Thanks for the info, something to think about 👍🏻

Thats really handy to know, had wondered about the baggage situation! Thanks for the info, something to think about 👍🏻

Super service- I have used them many times

https://bagsandgo.com/en

You can either pre book or they have a stand set up just as you leave the terminal.

You collect your luggage from the left luggage facility at the Airport.

Leaves you free to enjoy the city, have another tapas.... have another cervesa...!

Just catch the airport bus from Placa Catalunya.

It's all very easy!