Blow dryer

Katiedolewhip

Thanks everyone. Now I can unpack my hair dryer cuz I don’t mind the ship dryers but holding the button down for 10 minutes is the pits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WE just got off the Regal and the first morning the cabin's hair dryer quit working, got ahold of the room steward and he right away brought a new portable and worked fine, later that day when we got back to our cabin the old one was replaced with a new one and you didn't need to hold the button down, just saying.

On the Regal and the Royal, my hairdryers were actually attached inside a drawer leaving very little maneuvering room to use. My hair is short so I got by with it but with long hair - forget it!

Thank you - I'll be on the Regal next week and wasn't sure whether to bring my own. I have long hair, so I'm bringing it!

Just wondering if folks who are not happy with the Princess dryers ... towel dry their hair so it's not drippy wet before using their blow dryers.

My hair is just below chin lenght and not thin and towel dry prior to using my Princess hair dryer so .... NO problems! :)(y)

• 2 weeks later...

Blow dryer on Star Princess was exactly like hotel dryers.  Didn't have to hold down the button but air flow was inadequate so it took much longer to dry my hair.  Had to save space in luggage so didn't bring mine this time. It worked if you are short on luggage space but if you have the room, bring your own.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, AZ Karaoke Girl said:

Thanks everyone. Now I can unpack my hair dryer cuz I don’t mind the ship dryers but holding the button down for 10 minutes is the pits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read somewhere that people use a rubber band so they don't have to hold down the button.  I was going to try that on my next cruise.

3 hours ago, margob111 said:

I read somewhere that people use a rubber band so they don't have to hold down the button.  I was going to try that on my next cruise.

The dryers on the Regal, Royal and possibly the other new ships have a hold down button. The older ships have a switch.

The blue painters tape works well to hold the button & can be reused a few times.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but would like to give a heads up about the hairdryers, again.

I just got off of the Star and the hair dryer was awful! They are very low flow; reminds me of the dryers from the 70`s. Princess must have gotten a close out deal on them. 

I don't believe you can even buy one like this any more!🙄

See photo in post #36.

Bring your own; I bought one at a port to use half way thru the cruise.

Just doing due diligence to help the public....😊

Safe travels and good hair days all!!

• Thanks 1

My hairdryer I brought from home broke midway through my cruise. My hair looked like tumbleweed every day after that thanks to the absolute piece of trash hairdryer Princess provides.  Attached the inside of a drawer, no less.  Just an awful, hair destroying tool of torture and misery. I think it also caused damage to my hair and some breakage due to the harshness. Anyone with arthritis issues will suffer with the button that won't stay on unless you keep your finger on it.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:08 PM, Pam in CA said:

Never had a problem using the hair dryer. I find it adequate and have never brought my own on over fifty cruises.

I asked the DW and she said she uses the on ship hair dryer. It takes her twice as long to dry her hair though. She does have very thick and long hair also.

I fall in the less than three hair group so don't need it! LOL

Edited by TheRabbit