Blow dryer

Katiedolewhip

I’m going on my first cruise in January on the Ruby princess and I’m wondering if I should bring my blow dryer? I know that each cabin has one but I usually find hotel hair dryers to be terrible and am wondering if that is what I should expect? Any advice from those with experience would be helpful.

I’m going on my first cruise in January on the Ruby princess and I’m wondering if I should bring my blow dryer? I know that each cabin has one but I usually find hotel hair dryers to be terrible and am wondering if that is what I should expect? Any advice from those with experience would be helpful.

They are not good.

If you don’t like hotel dryers then you won’t like the ones on most of the ships. Bring your own!

But don’t leave it plugged in and don’t test the GFI on the cord. Don’t try to plug it into the ‘razor’ outlet in the bathroom. It draws too much current.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a very small but powerful dryer that always stays in my toiletry bag. The hair dryers on the ships are weak plus they are usually permanently attached to the cabinet in the desk. As everyone has said, do not plug any appliances into the bathroom socket except a shaver.

This is a picture of what we have typically found in our last several rooms. Seems to have been desiged for hotel rooms & made by Jerdon.

Description says two speed / two heat settings, 1200 watts.

My bride says's it works OK, just not as powerful as her dryer at home that is more the pistol shape with higher air flow.

32309361874_b5560dfdf1_z.jpgP1060604 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

I have a very small but powerful dryer that always stays in my toiletry bag. The hair dryers on the ships are weak plus they are usually permanently attached to the cabinet in the desk. As everyone has said, do not plug any appliances into the bathroom socket except a shaver.

Are you allowed on this site to tell me what the brand is? we are looking for a small powerful dryer to use for travelling.

Thanks!

Like a few others, I travel with a carry on & personal item only. No room for a hair dryer. The ship's dryer is certainly not as good as my own dryer, but it is adequate. I allow a few minutes longer to dry my hair when onboard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

For anyone who uses a hairdryer to style their hair as well as dry it the ship’s dryers are woefully inadequate. I always bring mt dryer except when we cruise Disney. Their hair dryers are excellent. (Except maybe for the Wonder).

Bring your own.

No, you don't need to hold the button down on Princess hair dryers. On our last cruise on the Golden, the cabin hair dryer suddenly wouldn't work on about the 3rd evening - it was a very bad hair night! Later that night our room steward brought me a portable one that worked great.