Carnival Cruise Line Tests New Food Menu at Alchemy Bar

LauraS

I cant tell if Carnival really doesn’t know their passengers or if they’re trying to appeal to a different type of passenger. Poke and oysters with mignonette from the cruise line that once had meatloaf and fried chicken on their dining room menu. It doesn’t compute.

The items sound interesting though and I ever found myself on a Carnival ship with these offerings, I’d give them all a try.

I cant tell if Carnival really doesn’t know their passengers or if they’re trying to appeal to a different type of passenger. Poke and oysters with mignonette from the cruise line that once had meatloaf and fried chicken on their dining room menu. It doesn’t compute.

The items sound interesting though and I ever found myself on a Carnival ship with these offerings, I’d give them all a try.

ar

Well if we are going by old standards, a specialty martini bar doesn't compute either. But luckily, things change with the times and I think most people who would chose to sit and enjoy these handcrafted martinis would enjoy these oysters on the half shell, marinated tuna salad (sushi like - but Hawaiian in origin), fried shrimp with spicy mayo or mini BBQ sandwiches. There you go people...translated.

ar

Well if we are going by old standards, a specialty martini bar doesn't compute either. But luckily, things change with the times and I think most people who would chose to sit and enjoy these handcrafted martinis would enjoy these oysters on the half shell, marinated tuna salad (sushi like - but Hawaiian in origin), fried shrimp with spicy mayo or mini BBQ sandwiches. There you go people...translated.

I was just about to say something like this, the food menu fits with the vibe of the Alchemy bar.

Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad it will be an option for those whose it is.

I prefer these selections to the hamburger joint...I can get a hamburger anywhere - tuna poke is harder to come by.

I prefer these selections to the hamburger joint...I can get a hamburger anywhere - tuna poke is harder to come by.

Where I live, a great burger is hard to come by. I love Guy's. My local Fred Meyer (Kroger's) occasionally offers poke at its butcher counter. OMG. Yum.

jj

The alchemy bar cater to the more upscale clientele. Everyone else usually order from the other bars, pubs, and breweries. So it's only right to have food that would cater to that market. It's not for me though...

With that said I do like red frog rum pub food (from the few ships that serve food at red frog.)

Seems to me Carnival is trying to lure ,err excuse me " appeal " to the higher clout individuals to their line. Creating Havana cabins on the newer ships with a more separate inclusive area for the Rich and Famous . Perhaps their just getting tired of the rat race and seeking some of the Royal crowd :halo:. Maybe just getting tired of all the fights in the burger line. ;p

The alchemy seating is so limited..not sure I want people parking it and eating dinner there.

At the bar yes ,but their are a few tables around the bar . But like yourself I wouldn't go there to eat .

At the bar yes ,but their are a few tables around the bar . But like yourself I wouldn't go there to eat .

I wouldn’t either. I’d be happy if they’d just let you order little cups of Chex mix, goldfish, pretzels or something similar at all the bars.

I hope they offer this on all the ships, perhaps rotate the offerings. One of the things I enjoy on vacation is the opportunity to try new foods. Whether or not i like them, at least I had a chance to try them.

Hi

Considering the limited seating area, I have a hard time seeing this working, or being profitable.

I could envision the possibility incorporating nearby seating as part of the bar, but that would seem to take away from the intimate area that this venue is trying to make part of it's appeal.

The main idea of selling new products is to sell a lot and make more money. This venue just isn't a pub. Maybe a complete redesign, with closed doors (my opinion). Then the concept would be to sell more alcohol rather than food. After all this venue isn't typically where people are waiting for the five minutes so they can order another drink on their cheers package.

It might seem nice, but that's why they do "tests". Somehow I feel they will just stick to nuts.

I wouldn’t either. I’d be happy if they’d just let you order little cups of Chex mix, goldfish, pretzels or something similar at all the bars.

The idea is that Alchemy offers something different from the other bars. And if you didn't know, they offer what I would call traditional martini snacks from about 5-6 pm (swiss cheese, almonds and olives).

The idea is that Alchemy offers something different from the other bars. And if you didn't know, they offer what I would call traditional martini snacks from about 5-6 pm (swiss cheese, almonds and olives).

That was the first thing I thought about when I heard about this change...will they still provide the cheese and almond snacks? I hate olives so that wouldn't be a big loss for me.

Enough food around that is included with our cruise see no reason to pay for any of that

I agree, except for sushi, I can find a reason to pay for that :')

But, for the most part, the included food keeps me fat and happy :D