Daily Planner on App

Grommet

I'm cruising in Nov and noticed that the Cruise Compass that recent cruisers share are quite different from the daily planner listed on my app for the same exact ship/itinerary, wondering which schedule I should go with as the more accurate one?? The daily planner on the app says "more cruise details coming soon" for awhile now so I'm wondering if it will ever get updated to the actual schedule for my sailing before my cruise starts or if I'm pretty much out of luck with trying to pre-plan before my cruise? Hoping that's not the case...would really love to see the actual schedule for my cruise before I board...

I'd go by the Compass from a recent review, knowing that it is subject to change. You won't really know your schedule until you are onboard, and then only one day at a time.

That's what I'm afraid of...the app currently shows some activities for all 7 days so it does appear that I could plan ahead rather than day by day but again, not sure about accuracy. They do seem to vary quite a bit from the Compass that I've seen from recent cruisers. We're cruising on Thanksgiving week so we're just concerned whether the ship will be on a "limited" schedule and any usual activities get taken off the schedule for that week. Fingers crossed that it will not be the case!!

I'm about two months from my cruise and the app has the same message. I am 99% sure there's several things wrong as 1) I'm pretty positive the captain isn't doing his Q&A at midnight on day 1 nor afew the DreamWorks characters doing a m&g then and 2) the MDRs list the first lunch menu on our first port day but none on our first sea day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine has gradually gotten much more accurate compared to recent compasses. Our sailing is this Sunday. Give it time, they will keep manipulating it. But for now recent compasses are the best way to plan your sailing in advance!

I'm about two months from my cruise and the app has the same message. I am 99% sure there's several things wrong as 1) I'm pretty positive the captain isn't doing his Q&A at midnight on day 1 nor afew the DreamWorks characters doing a m&g then and 2) the MDRs list the first lunch menu on our first port day but none on our first sea day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Too funny, the poor old captain may be a little tired the next day.

Mine has gradually gotten much more accurate compared to recent compasses. Our sailing is this Sunday. Give it time, they will keep manipulating it. But for now recent compasses are the best way to plan your sailing in advance!

Good to know that it will eventually start to look more accurate...just wish it would get there sooner than the week of our sailing! Guess I just have to buckle down and wait! LOL ;p:D

You don't get the Compass till the day before, not sure why you expect the app to be any earlier.

Because knowing is better than not knowing and if I can know ahead of time, why not? People want information early! It's just the sign of the times...the same reason why we used to only be able to book entertainment and excursions onboard the ship and now we can do it online before our cruise!

Because most would rather wait and get correct info, than get it early and it be wrong.

I think by most you mean the small group of people such as yourself? To each his own...just a preference, that's all. The Compass is not the Bible...I don't hold on to its every word. We're on vacation...if it's wrong, roll with it! Not the end of the world! :cool:

My app shows a Destination Talk: Spain and Portugal. One problem, I'm headed to the Western Caribbean (I hope!!)

Haha...maybe not! Didn't you get the memo?? Pay for Western Caribbean, sail to Europe! What a deal! :'):')

I am taking it with a grain of salt.

For our November cruise they are currently showing a couple of Nassau shore excursions departing in the morning. The trouble is the ship doesn't dock until noon. Maybe this is Royal;s version faster to the fun. :)

I hope the menus on the app are more accurate than the cruise compasses. I can understand the cruise compasses being in a state of flux, but the MDR menus not so much.