New to CC so have questions!

PMS19

Hi,

My husband, son and I are cruising on the 11/25-13/6 Anthem Cruise. I've signed up on here to be a Cruise Critic member, does my husband and son have to also? My son is challenged and can't really understand so hopefully not. Just would like to know if there's rules about that.

Also, we live in the greater Springfield, MA area and wonder if others from around here are on this site. If so does anyone know if there is a group who has "hired" a bus to bring them to the port and how can I get in touch with them? (As a back up plan in case the arrangements we've made fall through)!

Hi and welcome to CC. There is no need for anyone else in your family to join the site (unless they want to).

You might find an answer to your other question on the specific 'roll call' for your sailing. This is where people on the same cruise can chat and make arrangements to share transport, trips etc. Scroll down until you see the section labelled 'Roll calls', look for RCI,, then Anthem* and then the specific sail date.

*I think Anthem is an RCI ship!

Hi,

My husband, son and I are cruising on the 11/25-13/6 Anthem Cruise. I've signed up on here to be a Cruise Critic member, does my husband and son have to also? My son is challenged and can't really understand so hopefully not. Just would like to know if there's rules about that.

Also, we live in the greater Springfield, MA area and wonder if others from around here are on this site. If so does anyone know if there is a group who has "hired" a bus to bring them to the port and how can I get in touch with them? (As a back up plan in case the arrangements we've made fall through)!

Well, from the top:

No, your husband & son do not have to have their own accounts to read here. If you want to share your account info with them (so they can sign in as you) to post, that's up to you. I'll also point out that there are some people here on cruise critic who will be rather rude to someone posting questions that have been asked multiple times here. Please don't let that dissuade you from participating here.

Any organized travel with others on your specific cruise should be arranged via your Roll Call.

I'm not sure what the dates are for your cruise (11/25-13/6?). If you could clairify the dates, we might be able to direct you to your Roll Call (if there is one).

For specific Royal Caribbean questions I'd suggest you head over to the Royal Caribbean forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=365&f=83

Oh sorry, I didn't check before clicking, it's November 25 to December 6, 2018 for my cruise. This site is a bit intimidating and confusing to me and so if I've entered the wrong place, please just forgive my ignorance. I have found the "roll call" area and posted my question there. If I KNEW how to delete my post, or even if that's possible, I would delete it to save everyone the redundant answers to my questions.

I do however appreciate those of you who have taken the time to inform me. Sooner or later, I'll get it! LOL

Oh sorry, I didn't check before clicking, it's November 25 to December 6, 2018 for my cruise. This site is a bit intimidating and confusing to me and so if I've entered the wrong place, please just forgive my ignorance. I have found the "roll call" area and posted my question there. If I KNEW how to delete my post, or even if that's possible, I would delete it to save everyone the redundant answers to my questions.

I do however appreciate those of you who have taken the time to inform me. Sooner or later, I'll get it! LOL

Please do not apologize. Ask away, and if it's necessary to direct you to another location for help, we'll do that.

We were all new once.

You can't delete a post once it's made.

Just one tip. When thinking of a question scan the threads and you might find that your question has (most likely as this board had thousands of threads) already been asked and answered hundreds of times. Finding these answers can help you taylor your question to something specific. (ex. "What is the best hotel in Miami to say at ?" could be asked after some research as "does anyone have recent experience with hotel x,y or z in Miami ?")

Not ripping you personally, just that many of the basic questions are asked and answered on a routine basis. and just simply scrolling down could save you time of having to wait for an answer when you.

Welcome to the group, ask what you want and don't get discouraged by some of the stupid people that post here...

Most of us are more than happy to help, even if it is a question that has been asked before.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for a group from your area.

Have a great time here and on your cruise.

Have a cocktail for me!!!

Hi PMS

I just wanted to caution you in regards to the idea of the shared bus. It does happen occasionally that some people will make a commitment and back out (very possibly with a good reason), leaving others in a position that could compromise their plans, if not costing them additional monies. If you do come to some agreements with others on this site, make sure you are protected.

Make sure you look down on that "boards home" and find the "North American homeports" threads. This will be a good place to find the best ways to get to your cruise port. Possibly hotels where you can park for the duration of your cruise etc...

As you get acquainted with the site make sure you look at the "port of call" threads. There you will find much useful information about each of your cruise stops. Also go to the "Royal Caribbean int." thread to make any inquiries specific to your ship or cruise line. Do not hesitate to ask on any topic you might be unsure about. You will get your answer. It is always better to ask in advance rather than be disappointed later because you misunderstood something.

hope this helps

have a great cruise