Emerald in a storm

cruisingrob21

Anyone on the Emerald currently? Looks like shes (large blue arrow/ship icon near middle of screen on the left image) sailing through a nasty pacific storm/depression with 30knot wind and 12ft swells.[ATTACH]430598[/ATTACH]

Yup. I’d say that’s about right. We are definitely rocking and rolling out here but loving every minute :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I’d say that’s about right. We are definitely rocking and rolling out here but loving every minute :)

Maybe not loving ‘every’ minute. Lol. Walking is pretty touch and go. Lol

yes, its RT Vancouver. The Eurodam is doing a similar voyage. Then both ships will head south with a stop in Astoria and the Emerald will end up in LA and Eurodam in San Diego.

Good luck out there...seems you are close to the center of the storm which appears calmer.

The Emerald is going to have a rough trip from Vancouver. Hurricane Walaka formed in the Central Pacific below Hawaii and is making a b-line to Alaska. It skirted west of Kauai, but threatened Johnston Islands and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.

ROFL

30 knots is not a Storm, in fact it is not even a Gale. A Storm is 48-55knots.

30 knots is Beaufort Scale 7 and is correctly described as a ‘Near Gale’,

Getting a bit bumpy, particularly in a small yacht, but certainly nothing to worry about.

Since you are on the Emerald now, I have a question about the Internet offerings.

Are they offering (a) minute packages or (b) unlimited packages that are social, surf or stream or © both.

Do you know the pricing if eligible for elite/platinum passengers to upgrade from free minutes to an unlimited package? How does that pricing differ from packages bought by those who are not platinum/elite?

Thanks

The Emerald is going to have a rough trip from Vancouver. Hurricane Walaka formed in the Central Pacific below Hawaii and is making a b-line to Alaska. It skirted west of Kauai, but threatened Johnston Islands and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.

Thank you for your post. I had to look the two places that you mention in your post (Johnston Islands and Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.) I knew about Mid-way island and sea mounts, but not about all most all the info on the National Monument and Johnston Islands. Very interesting read about both places.

I never would have look them up unless you posted about them.

We are all good now. Through the storm and smooth sailing ahead. :)

No unlimited internet as far as I could tell. Just my elite minutes (250) that I’m using to check in from time to time.

We are all good now. Through the storm and smooth sailing ahead. :)

No unlimited internet as far as I could tell. Just my elite minutes (250) that I’m using to check in from time to time.

Thanks for the update!