ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

We will keep our eye on the Platinum Internet situation for the next few weeks.  If it is still unsure, or they take away the free perk, we will def. pre-purchase, if that is cheaper.  I wouldn't want to count on being an easy no-brainer to cancel if we do find out we have the free internet.   

PS:  is it possible that that free bottle of sparkling wine was from some other source, some other perk, and not simply because it was a mini-suite???

Edited by Wishing on a star

8 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I wouldn't want to count on being an easy no-brainer to cancel if we do find out we have the free internet.   

I didn't have to cancel. They did it automatically. I assume it's a common situation with the way things have been going recently with the Medallion Net issue.

Hopefully members on the latest cruises will keep us all up to date on the current status.

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We will keep our eye on the Platinum Internet situation for the next few weeks.  If it is still unsure, or they take away the free perk, we will def. pre-purchase, if that is cheaper.  I wouldn't want to count on being an easy no-brainer to cancel if we do find out we have the free internet.   

PS:  is it possible that that free bottle of sparkling wine was from some other source, some other perk, and not simply because it was a mini-suite???

I had read that in mini suite they only get free glass of bubbly as welcome aboard where as the full suite rooms get a mini bar set up.  I assume in our case or maybe on that ship they do bottle instead of 2 glasses, I’m  not positive 

58 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Does anyone know anything about cabin D412 on Regal. I am having trouble finding any written info or photos.

Thank you

Kathy

No personal knowledge, but from looking at the deck plan I can see it's a deluxe balcony (meaning it has a love seat) and has a balcony that is angled and slightly larger than the standard balcony.

Should be a fine cabin with no problems I could foresee.

Jim

19 hours ago, Lynzchat said:

On the Regal now. Some rooms have the Medallion. They said about 124 rooms. Our 2 mini suites were ones selected. They will give some people medallions and some of us just got cards that work in the medallion capacity.

Any chance you can stop by the Internet Cafe and try to find out if the rumor of reverting to the Platinum/Elite minutes instead of free unlimited on 11/1 is accurate?

There’s some chatter about this after someone was told that over the phone but it’s the only report.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Any chance you can stop by the Internet Cafe and try to find out if the rumor of reverting to the Platinum/Elite minutes instead of free unlimited on 11/1 is accurate?

There’s some chatter about this after someone was told that over the phone but it’s the only report.

Thank you!

So, right now if you are Platinum/Elite then Medallionnet gives you unlimited internet access. If you are not then the same rates apply $9.99, etc.   the internet is super fast and it’s unlimited so we have been on it constantly without having to monitor the time. You are allowed one device per member.

LINZCHAT, I am thinking that those cabins are the ones that they managed to get done before the Regal left for Northern Europe.

They should be (quickly?) getting more and. more sections of cabins done once the ship gets to FLL????

I might have missed this info,  but currently, can you tell us when are the current Traditional Dining seating times, and the Showtimes.

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Thank you!

I have emailed customer relations twice on this subject because I didn’t know if I should purchase the special prior to boarding and can’t get an answer. 

37 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have emailed customer relations twice on this subject because I didn’t know if I should purchase the special prior to boarding and can’t get an answer. 

Someone 

38 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Someone posted on Facebook that they spoke with a supervisor yesterday with Princess and the supervisor confirmed that the free internet on the Regal will be gone as of November 1, 2018. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Lynzchat said:

On the Regal now. Some rooms have the Medallion. They said about 124 rooms. Our 2 mini suites were ones selected. They will give some people medallions and some of us just got cards that work in the medallion capacity.

6 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have decided to purchase anyway based on a comment saying that it was refunded automatically due to the free internet still being in effect.  Guess I will see how much of a PITA it will be getting the money back.

I was on the Regal on their first Medallion Cruise back in 2017. I was in M227 which had the Medallion Service. The medallion never unlocked the door the entire cruise. The internet was working though and it was fast and reliable . They sent our Medallion to our home in a fancy box.

pltr.JPG.4566a53e56abab4c813c81ae46a112a5.JPG

We just departed the Celebrity Reflection and it is now official; our favorite ship is the Regal Princess. I will soon be writing out  comparison review. We were just on the Regal for an East Coast cruise Sept. 22 so both are fresh in our minds.

17 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

LINZCHAT, I am thinking that those cabins are the ones that they managed to get done before the Regal left for Northern Europe.

They should be (quickly?) getting more and. more sections of cabins done once the ship gets to FLL????

I might have missed this info,  but currently, can you tell us when are the current Traditional Dining seating times, and the Showtimes.

Be sure to check your cruise cards when you Board. They did change the dining times for traditional. I originally booked 8:15 and looked at personalized and thought it changed to 7:15 but in actuality it was 7:45pm. By the time you sit, order and get a drink you are really eating at 8:15-8:30p.   The earliest times are at 5:00, I think.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:57 PM, Lynzchat said:

Actually we received medallions too. The check in guy only gave us cards but the officer delivered medallions to our room. You get a nice lanyard, a medallion and a cruise card all in a plastic case. Your medallion has your name on it.  It works the room door but you need your card to keep room lights on. The medallion will work on drinks, but doesn’t work at the muster check in. 

On 10/18/2018 at 9:11 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Someone currently onboard the CB posted today that the internet is no longer free for Platinum/Elite.

I hope this is not the same for the Regal. Sailing in 2 weeks.

Keith, could you please ask while on board if this is indeed going away in November. Let us know how you made out with your pre-purchase and refund if you get to have one.