Sing-a-long Piano Bar?

librarysmile

9 minutes ago, librarysmile said:

I'm going to be sailing with Princess (Emerald Princess) for the first time in December. Does Princess have a piano bar with sing-a-long sessions the way that Holland America and Carnival do?

Thank You!

Crooner's Maybe. Crooner's has a piano/singer entertainer. Entertainment normally begins each evening at 9pm. It isn't a set program. Some of the entertainers do sing-a-longs, some do not.  Crooners is more of a lounge than a piano bar. There are no seats around the piano. 

In answer to the OP's question, no.  The piano bar is called Crooners and usually is the martini bar.  There will be a pianist performing most every evening and sometimes they will play a song and encourage pax to join in but that happens infrequently.  Generally the pianist will play and sing alone.  Crooners is a lounge setting and does not have chairs set around the piano like CCL and RCCL does.  

11 hours ago, librarysmile said:

Thanks so much for your responses! At least this is a Hawaii cruise so I might get to sing during the ukulele lessons 🙂

Always plenty of karaoke, most likely Voice of the Ocean and Princess Pop Choir. 

I hope not. The piano bar used to be a quieter place to have a drink and conversation. If it's taken over by sign-a-longs there goes the quiet. On one ship we were in the piano bar sitting towards the back the sign-a-long groupies came in didn't purchase anything. We were have a nice conversation with others from our dining table. One women turned around to us and told us to shush. That didn't go over well and she was told so.

49 minutes ago, 1Gizmo said:

I hope not. The piano bar used to be a quieter place to have a drink and conversation. If it's taken over by sign-a-longs there goes the quiet. On one ship we were in the piano bar sitting towards the back the sign-a-long groupies came in didn't purchase anything. We were have a nice conversation with others from our dining table. One women turned around to us and told us to shush. That didn't go over well and she was told so.

Crooner's? Crooner's is never quiet once entertainment begins. People are always singing, not true sing-a-longs, some get up and dance in the small areas. If it was Kory Simon he has a unique following and kind of like a show, which we did not enjoy. He plays lots of really old songs going back 100 years or more. He has been on the Royal Princess. 

5 hours ago, skynight said:

If it was Kory Simon he has a unique following and kind of like a show, which we did not enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I would be inclined to cancel a cruise if I found that clown was in Crooners. 

I don't know the name of the person in Crooners on our last cruise, but I REALLY didn't like him.  He seemed to think his (really bad) jokes were funny, and his attitude was "don't like my show? Well, leave".

The piano player on our Sea of Cortez cruise was wonderful.  As mentioned, there were some songs he invited the audience to join in, but mostly it was just him.

Edited by Shmoo here

Crooner's to me is not a piano bar its a lounge that has a piano in it. X had Michael Club and in it the piano bar (before us steerage peons were no longer allow was what I was referring to.) The only Princess Cruise I've take was a Ruby to Alaska in August.  Adagio was the only quiet place (seem no one could find it). I will be on the New Sky Princess on it TA and hope there will be a quiet place somewhere.  We go to the loud and lively lounges and enjoy them also.