How do I find posts I have posted in previously?

Nebr.cruiser

On the old site, I was able to find posts I have commented on and any subsequent replies by clicking on my screen name in the upper right hand corner.  I cannot seem to figure out how to do this on the new site.  

I can click on the name, but nothing that comes up takes me to any posts I have posted on.  

Also, is there any way to get rid of the glaring white background.  It hurts my eyes.

Note to say I just found a button at the bottom of this post that says notify me of replies.  So I guess I have to click that each time?

It should be under Account - > Manage Followed Content

As for the glare if decreasing brightness or contrast isn't helping maybe getting a blue light filter app might help. There are some available for desk top computers. 

Notifications I found seem to be set automatically to on so I guess if you want it off you will have to select it. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, minnchick said:

Sadly, none of these replies worked for me...I wonder if it's a setting on my Macbook that is the problem...?

If you hover over your avatar on the left, it should bring up a window with "Find Content" link at the bottom.  Click on that and all posts you've posted will show up.

Edited by Shmoo here

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot find old posts.

At top right of page click on the little drop down icon right next to your name.  Then click on "Profile".  Then click on "See All Activity" on the right side of the page about 1/4 way down.   All your posts will be listed in date order.   

Easy peasy.   

7 minutes ago, ldubs said:

At top right of page click on the little drop down icon right next to your name.  Then click on "Profile".  Then click on "See All Activity" on the right side of the page about 1/4 way down.   All your posts will be listed in date order.   

Easy peasy.   

Not all posts.  At least, when I do that for my activity, it only takes me back to 2012.  I've been posting here longer than that.

23 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Not all posts.  At least, when I do that for my activity, it only takes me back to 2012.  I've been posting here longer than that.

You are probably right on about this.  I didn't check.  Good to know nothing I said prior to 2012 can come back to bite me.   :classic_biggrin:   

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You are probably right on about this.  I didn't check.  Good to know nothing I said prior to 2012 can come back to bite me.   :classic_biggrin:   

I'm wondering if that's as far as they got with the indexing of old threads/posts.  

13 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm wondering if that's as far as they got with the indexing of old threads/posts.  

Could be. I don't know enough about these kind of tech issues to even hazard a guess.  I think SRF's comment about software changes makes a lot of sense too.