PLEASE disable the photos on the side, and avatars

Oh my goodness, PLEASE I beg of you to disable the photographs along the right side of the main forum. Some of us - OK, I will speak for myself - I do not want to see them. There is one showing today in particular that I do not want to see (although I realize it will change when people post more photos). In my opinion, this should be a separate section for photos that we can click on if we want to.

Also AVATARS - as well, please find a way for us to disable them if we want to. I, personally, do not want to see them. It was an easy fix last forum. Yes, I know I can put a member on ignore but I do not want to do that - I would like to see ALL avatars disabled if the member chooses to do so.

Thanks. I know you're working hard and are getting much grief about this new format. I hope you will listen to the members' feedback.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Langley Cruisers said:

OK, I will speak for myself - I do not want to see them

I'm with you.  I agree that a separate forum where people can paste random photos would be fine, but, since the photo has obviously been posted somewhere in the forum (in a thread that the photo is applicable to) that's really the only place it needs to be.

I'm not interested in seeing other people's kids/relatives just standing around making funny faces, or oddly designed clothing shots.

Avatars, I'm fine with, but I think an opt out should be available for those who want it.

• Like 4

I have no objection to avatars. I object to the freaking HUGE avatars that are now displayed and take up so much space. It's especially bad as they are mostly small pictures that confirmed to the previous restrictions on photo size and now are all pixelized  due to being blown up larger. Of course this is just one of the many things I dislike about the "new and improved" forums. Sooooooooooooooooooo many things that were simple before are now either impossible or buried in some obscure menu that people can't find them.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:37 AM, 1025cruise said:

And I'm not embarrassed to admit that I am seeing if I can find a way for my ad blocker to block the pictures....

19 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

It (I use AdBlock Plus) doesn't work as the pictures are member-uploaded and not actually "ads".

My adblock plus works great at hiding the pictures 🙂

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Seriously? The "Newest Photos" (member-uploaded pics) on the right hand side of the screen? I am running ABP and I still see them. 😕

Yes. I right clicked on the bar above the pictures and clicked blocked this ad. Then I slid the slider over until the pictures disappeared. Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Cardex said:

Yes. I right clicked on the bar above the pictures and clicked blocked this ad. Then I slid the slider over until the pictures disappeared. Hope this helps.

Oooooo....gonna give that a try, thanks.

EDIT:  OK, there's a problem.  When I right click on the bar above the pictures I get this:  image.thumb.png.8ac300995d6e0ac5e998bdc408a0ab79.png

No "block this ad" :classic_sad:

Edited by Shmoo here

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Oooooo....gonna give that a try, thanks.

EDIT:  OK, there's a problem.  When I right click on the bar above the pictures I get this:  image.thumb.png.8ac300995d6e0ac5e998bdc408a0ab79.png

No "block this ad" :classic_sad:

Sorry it didn't work. I use both adblock and adblock plus. It looks like adblock is the one that blocked it for me. Maybe try that?

Edited by Cardex