Celebrity Infinity-any recent cruisers?

jargey3000

So glad to hear she is still in good shape. My friend and I will be on her Nov 24th. 

Has anyone see a thread for this date? I'm sure I posted to a roll call ( I know or I thought I read that there are no roll calls for under 7 days) but I did post somewhere about the cruise but cannot find it anywhere. I've been searching for the date  and it's not listed. Can someone please help? Thank you,

Cathy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, newfiegirl4 said:

So glad to hear she is still in good shape. My friend and I will be on her Nov 24th. 

Has anyone see a thread for this date? I'm sure I posted to a roll call ( I know or I thought I read that there are no roll calls for under 7 days) but I did post somewhere about the cruise but cannot find it anywhere. I've been searching for the date  and it's not listed. Can someone please help? Thank you,

Cathy

Roll Calls have been up and running. On CC Community page scroll down to Roll Calls. On the far right you'll see Celebrity Connections Roll Calls. Click on it, scroll down to Celebrity Infinity Roll Calls. Click on it. You'll find your RC for 24 November 2018 on the second page. 

1 hour ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Cathy

"Newfiegirl4"? wow...another newfoundlanderandlabradorian on here....

Sure we're going on the Infinity a week before you b'y....

i found my rollcall by: boards>cruiselinesA-O> Celebrity

then you'll a yellow star by "Find Your Celebrity Rollcalls",  click that & itll go by date, to Nov. 24

good luck!

Edited by jargey3000

4 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

"Newfiegirl4"? wow...another newfoundlanderandlabradorian on here....

Sure we're going on the Infinity a week before you b'y....

i found my rollcall by: boards>cruiselinesA-O> Celebrity

then you'll a yellow star by "Find Your Celebrity Rollcalls",  click that & itll go by date, to Nov. 24

good luck!

Well hello to you too. 

Thanks. I just found it. Enjoy your cruise. Looks like you will be on the thanksgiving one!!  

31 minutes ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Well hello to you too. 

Thanks. I just found it. Enjoy your cruise. Looks like you will be on the thanksgiving one!!  

WHAT??!! I hope not!!! Those Americans go crazy on Thanksgiving! :)

I'm hoping Thanksgiving is Nov. 22, when I'll be safe & sound back in "town" LOL

Hello, recent and current cruisers. Thank you so much for shearing the wonderful information. I really appreciated it! We will be on Nov.24 and 29th on her. I have questions about fitness class schedule time.
Could you tell me what time would be the morning classes such as Stretch and Abs and Late afternoon classes such as Total Body conditioning? And those classes are providing everyday except Embarkation/disembarkation days?:classic_love:

We were on Infinity 30 nights in September & October (back-to-back Canal). The ship is in decent shape. Attached is the worst condition issue I noticed (starboard of Sunset Bar). The staff was very friendly overall and the food was as good as usual. We didn't go hungry!

infinity.jpg

On 10/20/2018 at 11:31 AM, RobCaron said:

we had a great time on infinity. november is a great time (just not thanksgiving!). food was great. specialty restaurants all good - Le Petit Chef at qsine extra fun!

Why not Thanksgiving?  We are thinking of going at that time, our first during Thanksgiving????

Thinking of 5 day Infinity in January.  Booking aqua and am torn between deck 9 with poles, overhang, and under the lido deck or deck 11.....Any insight will be greatly appreciated and would also appreciate any cabin numbers that you can either recommend or ones to avoid.  Thank you!!!

I am hoping that someone who has been on Infinity might have one of the dailies from their cruise specifically looking for the page that list the hours of the venues. We are going with first time cruisers and wanted them to see what they have and the hours things are open to.  I would be so grateful if someone can upload something...  Thank you in advance

• Like 1

This was quite helpful.  We'll be on Infinity Oct 28.  A quickie to Key West and Nassau.  Saw a price decrease after final payment.  Called and got bumped to Concierge at no cost.  Included $200 OBC we'll use for Tuscan Grille and the Behind the Scenes tour.  I know there are varied opinions on CC but DW hates buffets so just the embarkation day luncheon is worth it for us.

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

This was quite helpful.  We'll be on Infinity Oct 28.  A quickie to Key West and Nassau.  Saw a price decrease after final payment.  Called and got bumped to Concierge at no cost.  Included $200 OBC we'll use for Tuscan Grille and the Behind the Scenes tour.  I know there are varied opinions on CC but DW hates buffets so just the embarkation day luncheon is worth it for us.

Right on and Bon Voyage. 🥂

On 10/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, lourdest said:

I am happy to hear that she is in good shape.  We will be on Nov.1 in Aqua Class for a 4 day cruise, can't wait.  My husband and I will be relaxing, eating and enjoying a couple of beers.  I will write a review when I am back. I am sure that we will have a great time.

I will be there with you on that cruise. Meet me at the martini bar 🤪

Oh no!   Didn't think of the kids on the US Thanksgiving cruise.   Ugh.   I am going with a bunch of loud girlfriends so hopefully we won't notice the kids.  lol

Does anyone have any dailies for the 5 night Western Caribbean?   Are there any party nights that I should know about?  

4 minutes ago, TriMomma said:

Oh no!   Didn't think of the kids on the US Thanksgiving cruise.   Ugh.   I am going with a bunch of loud girlfriends so hopefully we won't notice the kids.  lol

We will be on this cruise also, and we are a youngish retired couple.

Expect more families for sure, but keep in mind that this is not Carnival, Royal, or NCL. You girls may be louder that the kids!  😉 (just kidding?)

I knew it would be family oriented before I booked, but for the price we paid, with the booze package, I'll hang  in the solarium or our balcony, or anywhere but the main pool area.

Hope to see you on board. I'll be the guy with the gray beard and shoulder length hair. On " Chic Night" I'll be the guy with the pony tail and tux. 😎

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TriMomma said:

Does anyone have any dailies for the 5 night Western Caribbean?   Are there any party nights that I should know about?  

Every nights a party. Get it started and others will join you. 😜

Edited by davekathy

I'm currently on Infinity and have been for the past couple of weeks. I am not usually one to notice such things, but there are many maintenance issues like ripped chairs and carpet in the MDR, cabin door jams in need of repainting, etc. Up on deck 11 front, none of the railings have wood, they've apparently been removed for refinishing (I found one sitting on the floor below the metal rail). My cabin's wood railing was in bad need of refinishing and the glass on my balcony had white paint on it.

Food has been pretty good. Most of the musical performers around the ship are excellent. The only exception is someone I refer to as "hat guy" who is a piano player that sings. He should be a piano player who doesn't sing as he has a raspy voice that is not particularly pleasant to listen to. I did notice that today he was just playing piano and not singing. Much better that way. Also, for any who may disagree let me say that unlike other performers on the ship who have a following and can get people to show up when they perform. Cafe al Bacio has been pretty empty when "hat guy" is there.

As for the CD Luigi, let me simply say that I am not a fan. Definitely not someone I would expect (or want) to have on a Celebrity cruise. Very full of himself, made me walk out of Liars Club (where he was a participant and none of the actual officers were). Some people like him. Like food, I guess opinions of CD's are very subjective.

BTW we just switched captains yesterday. Captain Frantzis left for vacation (someone said he had to attend a meeting in Miami first) and Yannis Bardos is back.

• Like 2

Got this in the mail today.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Infinity® for your 4-Night Bahamas Cruise sailing from Port Everglades on October 24, 2018, but first we have some important information to share with you.

On the day of your embarkation, Celebrity Infinity will be undergoing its annual Coast Guard inspection. There might be a slight impact to your pier experience, as we can’t start boarding the ship until this inspection has been completed.

To ensure the smoothest possible check-in experience, please note the following:

- Please arrive at the cruise terminal for check-in between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.

- The ship will sail at 4:00 p.m., and all guests must be checked-in and on board 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We thank you for your patience and understanding, and again, we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a truly incredible vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

We are looking so forward to our Dec. cruise on the Infinity.  We've been on the Connie and Millie, but not yet on the Summit.  We were able to get a CC room at a great price for the 2 of us, with the classic drink package, and upgraded to the premium package with points.  Still looking for a place to have cigars in the evening...Should be a very relaxing cruise..

10 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I'm currently on Infinity and have been for the past couple of weeks. I am not usually one to notice such things, but there are many maintenance issues like ripped chairs and carpet in the MDR, cabin door jams in need of repainting, etc. Up on deck 11 front, none of the railings have wood, they've apparently been removed for refinishing (I found one sitting on the floor below the metal rail). My cabin's wood railing was in bad need of refinishing and the glass on my balcony had white paint on it.

Food has been pretty good. Most of the musical performers around the ship are excellent. The only exception is someone I refer to as "hat guy" who is a piano player that sings. He should be a piano player who doesn't sing as he has a raspy voice that is not particularly pleasant to listen to. I did notice that today he was just playing piano and not singing. Much better that way. Also, for any who may disagree let me say that unlike other performers on the ship who have a following and can get people to show up when they perform. Cafe al Bacio has been pretty empty when "hat guy" is there.

As for the CD Luigi, let me simply say that I am not a fan. Definitely not someone I would expect (or want) to have on a Celebrity cruise. Very full of himself, made me walk out of Liars Club (where he was a participant and none of the actual officers were). Some people like him. Like food, I guess opinions of CD's are very subjective.

BTW we just switched captains yesterday. Captain Frantzis left for vacation (someone said he had to attend a meeting in Miami first) and Yannis Bardos is back.

I was hoping you could upload a picture of the dailies that might have the page with the hours for venues.  I am trying to get this info to some new cruisers so they have an idea of what is on the ship and how early or late they are open!!!!  Thank you in advance if you you can help me out

Thanks all for the information on the condition of the Infinity. We sail on Dec 3rd and understand it is an older ship. As long as the crew does a good job we will be satisfied. It was a great deal for a short cruise as the weather turns cold in Ohio.

We sailed on the Celebrity Horizon back in 2002 it was retired. Not in the greatest shape but the staff made it a wonderful experience.

Judd and Laura   

On 10/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, Phxazzcruisers said:

We are on her now.  She is older, yes, but still in relatively good shape.  The rooms need updating, but nothing is so bad that I would complain.  We are in a Sky Suite so we eat in Luminae.  Of course, food is subjective, but we feel the food has been fabulous, up to Celebrity standards. The crew, all of them, have been very warm and friendly.  Having  great time.

Great to hear! We will be on the ship in Dec and can’t wait. Recently upgraded to S1 just because we love Luminae and Michaels Club. We have met great people in both.

So excited about sailing the Edge on Feb 17 also in a Sky Suite. Pricey but not too bad as we booked on the Reflection back in 2017.

Judd

3 hours ago, verizon said:

Got this in the mail today.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Infinity® for your 4-Night Bahamas Cruise sailing from Port Everglades on October 24, 2018, but first we have some important information to share with you.

On the day of your embarkation, Celebrity Infinity will be undergoing its annual Coast Guard inspection. There might be a slight impact to your pier experience, as we can’t start boarding the ship until this inspection has been completed.

To ensure the smoothest possible check-in experience, please note the following:

- Please arrive at the cruise terminal for check-in between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.

- The ship will sail at 4:00 p.m., and all guests must be checked-in and on board 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We thank you for your patience and understanding, and again, we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a truly incredible vacation.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

yep.  They have been practicing for this the entire time during our current cruise.  They should be ready and get a passing grade.  Enjoy your cruise